Sign in to follow this  
overkill

a10.pbo missing

For some reason my file a10.pbo is missing. I've tried reinstalling ver 1.07 to fix it but it didnt work. Could someone please be so kind as to zip and send the file to me? Without this file I am limited to playing multiplayer only. Your help is appreciated!

P.S. if anyone knows how to reinstall this file using the version updates, that is fine too.

sedchew@pacbell.net

Nice try, why you can't install the whole game again (= new & clean) ? Maybe you should patch 1.05 > 1.08 whistle.gif

Wait... can someone make a little donation (in Euro of course) i like to have castle, some cars and my girlfriend likes diamonds - your help is appreciated! biggrin_o.gif

Nice try? Are you implying that I do not have the game? If so how does one get an entire game using one file? You must know more than me! I would have tried ver 1.05 but the a10.pbo came out with the ver 1.07, which I tried. I guess I can just reinstall the entire game, then repatch everything, but I thought I would ask first for the missing file, to spare me the headache of going that route.

Also, by circumventing a clean install, I would either have to do a clean install, and add back all my addons, or figure out which files came with the game and which were addons that I installed later. In a nutshell finding the missing single file would be easier than an entire install. Thanks for your help railgunner.

Did you use one of the "beta removers" from BIS? They remove a lot more than what you bargained for, including the A-10. Sadly, your only option here is to reinstall the whole game and re-apply all the patches. sad_o.gif

Had this same problem myself, didn't get a lot of feedback or comments then either :P But ah well. If it's not that however, I don't know what's wrong - still sounds like a situation for a complete reinstall, sadly.

Regards,

Wolfrug

@overkill:

It looks like you use a lot of "unofficial" addons and probably you delete some of them (and also a10.pbo was deleted).

Best way is to reinstall whole game and then apply all patches to ver.1.08 ... wink_o.gif

For better work and playing with unofficial addons use "Modfolders" <- click welcome.gif

Thanks for all the responses guys. Someone else chimed in about uninstalling beta patches that tend to delete some files. As far as I know, I did not uninstall anything, but it seemed to happen right before or after I installed the beta 1.09 patch. As far as my mods go, I'm only using the @warmodsound, TrueAI, THe smoke mod that Matt offers ( forget the name) and Chammys sound mod(which simply rocks BTW). Maybe my memory is faulty and I did uninstall something. You know what they say, the simpliest explanation usually is the correct one, or something like that. Once again, thanks guys for trying to help me out.

If you had the previous beta installed before and didn't get rid of it, it may have messed up your 1.09 beta install.  You may have some luck with deleting the beta folder (and backing it up) and trying to reinstall the beta patch.  Usually when you don't get rid of the beta folder, it refuses to install.

If you have ever altered any addon .pbo with another mod, that could do it aswell.

If none of that works, I suppose you can always try reinstalling it.  That way you know everythings fresh, new and clean... and you don't even need to get rid of your 3rd party addons or shortcuts.   Just back them up, uninstall the game, reboot, reinstall, and then put your shortcuts and mod directories back in.

This has happened to me as well - if you have a trusted friend on the forums, ask them to send you the file.

I don't know what causes this - but it's happened to me too wink_o.gif

Stew

I would suggest you to do a new clean install & patching (better way to get it working well without any strange issue).

This is a troubleshooting issues, moving to troubleshooting.

As it is something that can be resolved simply by reinstalling (as tedious as that might be) I think this thread can safely be closed, better that than having to remind people that it's not advisable to be asking people to send files from an installation backwards and forwards smile_o.gif