Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Can someone tell me how can I remove those "immersive" firefight sounds that play in the background without a battle taking place?

Can anyone tell me which PBO the music is in?

Im trying to unpbo it but it isnt in 'sounds'

Does someone have a working link for the fix provided by AriochRN at page 42 of this thread?

Sorry for digging up the thread, but I really enjoyed playing this mod and i'd like to play it with as many bugs as possible fixed.

Does someone have a working link for the fix provided by AriochRN at page 42 of this thread?

Sorry for digging up the thread, but I really enjoyed playing this mod and i'd like to play it with as many bugs as possible fixed.

I second that

Is there a definite fix for it ? I remember this edition to be terribly bugged.

God I hope not. I was gonna buy ArmA X, just for OFP, and use this mod.

Funny, now I've encountered another bug related to the russian officer. :P

He's having the beret allright, but now his face is completely blurred. I've tried the Resistance campaign and the only one who gets this is Guba. Any clues on that? Perhaps some setidentity problems?

Hey

I have a question: Is this last version of FFUR Mod or there's new versions or some patch

I've downloaded FFUR Mod' 85 (Edition 2008)

I highly doubt there is a newer version it is 2011.

In FFUR 1985,

The M-16 model used in the game is incorrect because the US Army in 1985 used the M-16A1 assault rifle, which is FULLY automatic and the three round burst M-16A2 did not enter service with the Army until 1986.

So technically,

the M-16A2 in the hands of US Army troops would be historically incorrect because they weren't adopted yet.

http://www.answers.com/topic/m-16#Eugene_Stoner

A U.S. soldier with M16A2 at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. The United States Army did not place a large order for the A2 model until 1986.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/m-16#ixzz1htQkaKJh

They didn't start ordering them in large numbers until 1986, so using a fully-automatic M-16A1 from a Vietnam mod would be more historically accurate.

How do you import a M-16A1 from one of the Vietnam mods and place it into FFUR'85?

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint#Beretta_M9

The Beretta M9 was beginning to replace the Colt 1911 .45 caliber pistol at that time. Most soldiers at the time carried the Colt .45. It takes time in the quartermaster corps to requistion and supply the new weapons. It's not an overnight thing because thousands have to be issued and supplied with the weapon and the procurement process takes months and testing and everything else to test a weapon. The Beretta M9 was not fully in Army service yet in 1985. The US Army mostly used the Colt .45. How would I add in a Colt .45 pistol for a standard US Army pistol. It was the standard US Army pistol in 1985.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint#M16A2

Strangely enough, the M16A1 is completely absent from the game, despite the fact that the M16A2 was only just starting to replace it in 1985 and, even then, was only being issued to the Marines at that time (the U.S. forces in the game are U.S. Army).

Why hasn't anyone addressed this in the mod? Why just use Wikipedia? Wikipedia is NOT very accurate as a reference source because in the how to section on Wiki, it says that it is NOT professional, but every day word usage. So it is NOT a scholarly reference source and should be used that way.

What Wikipedia does NOT tell you is that it takes several years to test a weapon for combat usage in the future because they want to make sure it works properly and passes all tests and it IS NOT an overnight thing. It takes time to replace a weapon. It took time to replace the M-14 rifle in Vietnam to the M-16 because of quartermaster procurement and quartermaster supply hoops that the Army has to jump through and what not. The M-16A1 Model A1 should be the weapon used in a 1985 mod because that's what the Army used at that time, not the 3 round burst A2, which was not adopted until after 1986.

Edited by Patchman123

In FFUR 1985,

The M-16 model used in the game is incorrect because the US Army in 1985 used the M-16A1 assault rifle, which is FULLY automatic and the three round burst M-16A2 did not enter service with the Army until 1986.

So technically,

the M-16A2 in the hands of US Army troops would be historically incorrect because they weren't adopted yet.

http://www.answers.com/topic/m-16#Eugene_Stoner

A U.S. soldier with M16A2 at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. The United States Army did not place a large order for the A2 model until 1986.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/m-16#ixzz1htQkaKJh

They didn't start ordering them in large numbers until 1986, so using a fully-automatic M-16A1 from a Vietnam mod would be more historically accurate.

How do you import a M-16A1 from one of the Vietnam mods and place it into FFUR'85?

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint#Beretta_M9

The Beretta M9 was beginning to replace the Colt 1911 .45 caliber pistol at that time. Most soldiers at the time carried the Colt .45. It takes time in the quartermaster corps to requistion and supply the new weapons. It's not an overnight thing because thousands have to be issued and supplied with the weapon and the procurement process takes months and testing and everything else to test a weapon. The Beretta M9 was not fully in Army service yet in 1985. The US Army mostly used the Colt .45. How would I add in a Colt .45 pistol for a standard US Army pistol. It was the standard US Army pistol in 1985.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint#M16A2

Strangely enough, the M16A1 is completely absent from the game, despite the fact that the M16A2 was only just starting to replace it in 1985 and, even then, was only being issued to the Marines at that time (the U.S. forces in the game are U.S. Army).

Why hasn't anyone addressed this in the mod? Why just use Wikipedia? Wikipedia is NOT very accurate as a reference source because in the how to section on Wiki, it says that it is NOT professional, but every day word usage. So it is NOT a scholarly reference source and should be used that way.

What Wikipedia does NOT tell you is that it takes several years to test a weapon for combat usage in the future because they want to make sure it works properly and passes all tests and it IS NOT an overnight thing. It takes time to replace a weapon. It took time to replace the M-14 rifle in Vietnam to the M-16 because of quartermaster procurement and quartermaster supply hoops that the Army has to jump through and what not. The M-16A1 Model A1 should be the weapon used in a 1985 mod because that's what the Army used at that time, not the 3 round burst A2, which was not adopted until after 1986.

Well your a bit late, this has been mentioned several times already, the reason its there, I belive, is because it existed and it was in the original game, Theres a M1A1 Abrams(looks mostly like an M1 though) too which is not that realistic, all soldiers carry PASGT helmets, not that widly used in 1985 either. Besides The M16A2 was adopted as the standard rifle in 1983. Look at the game as if it ilustrates the "idealised" Capabilities of the US and Soviet hardware in 1985.

STGN

Well your a bit late, this has been mentioned several times already, the reason its there, I belive, is because it existed and it was in the original game, Theres a M1A1 Abrams(looks mostly like an M1 though) too which is not that realistic, all soldiers carry PASGT helmets, not that widly used in 1985 either. Besides The M16A2 was adopted as the standard rifle in 1983. Look at the game as if it ilustrates the "idealised" Capabilities of the US and Soviet hardware in 1985.

STGN

The rifle may have been adopted in 1983, but the Army didn't order large numbers of them until 1986 because they were testing out and supplying the weapon and all the other bureaucratic processes required to issue a standard weapon, which quite frankly, takes a long time.

The M-1 Garand was adopted in 1936, but Army units still continued to use the M1903 Springfield, because procurement and supply issues and testing of the weapon was necessary to adopt the M-1 Garand and many preferred the M1903 Springfield rifle to the M-1 Garand and the US Army was still using the M1903 Springfield in the early stages of the war, because the procurement and supply processes take awhile to complete to issue to a large army like the US Army, for example. It's not an overnight thing. The Army likes to prove that things work before they're adopted across the board.

... And that's why using concrete years for a fictional scenario is a wrong thing to do

I see your point, but the plan of the mod is to reflect the forces post-85 in a total war status, not to reflect the forces that were available at first january of the 1985. Even the '85 is to reflect the Operation Flashpoint-era scenario.

Furthermost, I really don't think that Thunderbird will come back to fix those realistic issues

Edited by NacroxNicke

I think at this stage,what you see is what you get.Unless the project

in question is ongoing.

But I doubt there's anything to stop you modifying entries in the config.

And substituting addons/values for something more to your liking. :)

in less than a week this mod will be 4 years old... and you are complaining now? I still have a great time today playing this mod so I am not sure why you even care. My suggestion would be build your own mod. I am sure you will like the responses people will give you as well.

Unofficial Patch compiled by AriochRN (see post 407 for details).

Re-upped at GameFront: should remain active for 7 days after the last download.

The file in gamefront was deleted. Where can i get it ?