Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

I remember having read this problem mentionned, some people found that the addons responsible of this were the Kevbaz&TeaCup animated dog addon and/or Bambi's International Blackops and/or Nephilim mercenaries.

There are some addon packs that use the dog (an Horror pack does it) , and the models from Bambi can be found in some mods (i remember noticing a ffur screenshot featuring one, but i don't know if it was the same ffur you use).

So in case you use some addons along your ffur, remove them and see if it fixes the problem. Chances are that ffur feature either has the dog or the black ops and it could create problems with one of the extra addons you are using along the mod.

I've had Nephilim's merc installed and i deleted them. But the FFUR black-ops still f*ck up

EDIT: Nevermind, i found out that Farmland was causing it. Thanks for the directions, mate!

Edited by Nickos

grass and trees still annoyingly white, please can you tell us step by step how to fix the problem?

Any updates yet on this?

Yea but the website is down, and when i play the ffur 2008mod and it gives me the 2 options for direct 3d and direct hwtl i chose hwtl then it gives me another option for the resistance foliage and replace foliage and buildings i choose option2 again. but it doesn't replace the buildings or the trees a.k.a. foliage but if i choose the 1st option (replace foliage) it replaces the buildings but not the trees. i don't know if i got the foliage mixed up with the buildings in my head or something else but this aggravates me when i see other ppl using the FFUR 1985 mod with the trees and buildings replaced with the resistance i want that too so plZ help!. i would like this reply fast plz so email me @ ddownboyz@Yahoo.com ASAP Plz. dis link doesn't work so just email me from ur address to mine

Edited by Killer27

is there any way to incorporate both the mods together? theres a launcher for ffur and a launcher for ecp but i would like to play both.

any help would be great

thanks.

Make a shortcut from the original Resistance EXE and send to desktop.

After that, right click the shortcut and click properties.

Then, You should get this in the TARGET field. "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap

After -nosplash -nomap, put in -mod=@ffsx85;@ECP.

Getting this as your result.

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=-mod=@ffsx85;@ECP

But. There are some compatibilty issues with those two mods, that can be fixed with a config fix in the @ffsx85 folder in Codemasters-Operation Flashpoint folder.

Look through there and check it out!

Glad to be of service.

-USMCSonic

It's basically in the title. I've noticed problems with '85 recently. 1.0 worked earlier in the week, but has now started crashing and refusing to function. I had to dig around for the 1.05 patch, but that didn't help. I've reinstalled twice now, but to no avail. I've also tried running as Administrator and in compatibility mode for XP SP3.

It may also be worth mentioning that FFUR-SLX 2007 works well.

Screenshot:

crashzb.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x86

Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.8GHz

3GB RAM

Intel 82945G Chipset (Haters gonna hate, it runs Flashpoint fine, don't tell me to upgrade, because believe me, if I could, I would.)

Edited by henno13

A few questions:

1. Are You added -nomap command in shortcut to FFUR ?

2. Are You have anothers addons in res/addon folder ?

3. Are You changed something/replace in Bin Folder ?

4. Are You using others mod in the same time ?

5. Are You sure You have downloaded all files etc. ?

In my opinion it's matter of memory...

A few questions:

1. Are You added -nomap command in shortcut to FFUR ?

2. Are You have anothers addons in res/addon folder ?

3. Are You changed something/replace in Bin Folder ?

4. Are You using others mod in the same time ?

5. Are You sure You have downloaded all files etc. ?

In my opinion it's matter of memory...

1. I tried -nomap, but i got this error, and the game just went to the normal Resistance menu screen.

crashm.jpg

EDIT: I actually fixed this by removing a stray semicolon, but it still crashes.

2. My Res/AddOns folder is a mess. I deleted some things I knew I wouldn't need, but it didn't do anything.

3. I haven't touched the Bin folder(s)

4. Nope.

5. Yeah I'm pretty sure I did download everything, it installed fine.

Could it be the SLX replacement pack?

2. Are You sure You didn't deleted one of Standard Bis Addons ?

After screen which You send I see that You have a error with missing addons/or config. (But in my opinion You don't have one of addons.)

My solution - Reinstall Ofp (If You don't have something important od addons folder [just copy what you need if You don't have a backup])

Install FFUR

Install patch

Will be much faster than thinking which addons is missing ;)

@Could it be the SLX replacement pack?

What with him ?

Edited by Bielow

I am sure that it wasn't one of the official addons. It was part of the BAS Complete Pack which I recently deleted.

Anyway, I think I may have found the problem. I did another clean install and ran the "NO_HWTL_Install_win2k_XP" bat file. But it still crashed. I think the SLX pack didn't install right, because the command line install was riddled with "Access is Denied".

crashkf.jpg

It wouldn't let me run it as Administrator, so I'll try the main install file with Direct3D settings selected.

EDIT Didn't work. I'm running a full reinstall.

Edited by henno13

And the other files are installed correctly?

I don't know what I did, but it works now. Thanks for you help :)

I didn't nothing important.Glad to hear it :)

Have fun :)

Why does gamepark.cz always have to have so much adware or pop ups?

Hosting a website isn't free. Ads help to pay the costs. But that is completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with this thread.

Oh, oops, I thought I'd ask because I always get bombarded with pop ups when I visit that site. Anyways, so far it works for me just fine, although, I am not too enthused about the patch. It seems the only thing changed is all the added grass and model brush up on the uniforms. Is there a way to turn all this off, as if I didn't install the patch?

Is there a way I can boost my performance when playing FFUR 08? I have not installed the patch yet, but I have a somewhat high end computer and it almost lags in Battlefields.

Well I have my details set at 7.19 and ground set at normal, more than this and I start having trouble, not that my computer is high end but from what I gather running with higher setting than this causes performance issues, OFP can't run good with maximal settings no matter the computer unfortunately.

STGN

Ahh, right on.

Well, will the patch help iron anything out?

Oh, and another question. Why is it that when I fire at the ground the game plays the sonic bullet crack instead of the ricochet sound? It sounds very odd. Is something a miss?

Been a while since I played FFUR, so this is a pure guess but I think its confied that way to get sonic bullet crack in game so when the bullets are landing around you i sounds as if theres bullets in the air flying nearby.

STGN

Hi, can anyone refresh the patch pls? Is this possible or not?

Is their a new patch or what? is their like a FFUR 85' 2008 edition 1.06 or something...Cause the no fire effects...and the black ops being able to walk through solid objects are making me avoid FFUR 1.05. Is their a new patch or not?

No, I mean if anyone can refresh the link to download 1.05 at the start of this thread, but I found 1.05 and other things over FFUR on the OFP-gamepark. Its OK.