Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

No problems, I wasnt aware that there was a squad leader AND a seperate officer model... I can see where you are coming from.

And yeah, I was actually wondering the same thing myself about how the officer is marked out in real life, I would agree that there is probably something on the arm or helmet to mark him out. Of course the enemy could probably tell the difference, but nowhere near as easily as if he had a special cap. In WW2, Russian officers used to issue orders by waving their pistols around, this was quickly picked up upon by the Germans and lead to an awful lot of dead Russian NCOs tounge2.gif

Haha just like that game CoD Finest hour with the Russian officers. tounge2.gif

I'll try look it up, if it's not a very closely guarded secret by those armies. smile_o.gif

Question: in the single player campaign there's an error: all the units are not well equipped, for example a man with an Ak47 has all grenades and no one Ak magazine, a man with the RPG7 has only RPG7 rockets and no Ak magazines exc. What must I modify for have a good equipment? (for example 4 ak47 magazines and X grenades exc) It's really important because I'm in a mission where all the rinforcemens come late (I must kill some russian soldiers and keep the hostages free) and when the other forces come, I must attack a russian base but I haven't well equipped man: the 90% of them cannot shoot because hasn't Ak magazines. Thank you

@ Aug. 24 2008,21:43)]Question: in the single player campaign there's an error: all the units are not well equipped, for example a man with an Ak47 has all grenades and no one Ak magazine, a man with the RPG7 has only RPG7 rockets and no Ak magazines exc. What must I modify for have a good equipment? (for example 4 ak47 magazines and X grenades exc) It's really important because I'm in a mission where all the rinforcemens come late (I must kill some russian soldiers and keep the hostages free) and when the other forces come, I must attack a russian base but I haven't well equipped man: the 90% of them cannot shoot because hasn't Ak magazines. Thank you

Hi bro.

As far as my experience goes, the FFUR mod does not at all change/alter weapons/magazine handout, but simply the type - of existing BIS units anyway.

I've played quite a few missions of all three BIS campaigns with FFUR without any trouble, so is your Campaign fan-made/added on? I encountered some trouble too with loading such campaigns with FFUR specifically the Retaliation one.

Hope that helped you my friend. Take care.

@ Aug. 24 2008,22:35)]No, I'm playing Resistance campaign...my game is in italian but I don't think that this is the problem

Sorry, I have no clue on that man. Hope someone else here can help.

Sorry can't help you.

1-I'm still having this problem, I reinstalled the game, I reinstalled the mod, I redownloaded the mod and reinstalled it but nothing.

2-Now I've a new one problem: the extra pack (better sky, better fire exc) doesn't install, I run the setup, looks like that he install all very well but when I play the game the sky is the OFP original one, same situation for the Fire....THen I give all the permission to the setup (for install all correctely) but nothing. During the setup of the extra pack it says that the directory HWTL\Data3d or HWTL\Data3D.pbo are invalid...DAMN

guys, I'm gonna be crazy...help me! Give me some support!

crazy_o.gif

My PC

A64 6000x2

Asus M3A

2gb RAM DDR2 Kingston 800mhz

9600GT Point of View nVidia

WIndows Home Premium 32bit

EDIT: Never mind, I'm playing OFP without mods and now it is 100 times better any kind of mod

Hey guys.

just having two problems now ive sorted out the white trees.

night vision is a green screen like someones stuck a bit of cardboard over my pnvg's

and binoculers ( ok i cant spell) are the same, but this time grey white..meaning i cant use them either.

any ideas what the problem could be ? when first launching the game i used option 2, for both choices, with hwtl and trees and houses.

first time i used option one and ended up with white trees, well i fixed that, but as for the rest. cant seem to work them

does anyone know if there is a campaign designed with this mod in mind ? amazing as the combat is, it kind of breaks the default campaign, and im no mission maker.

issues with white textures acknowledged by TB his answer:

Quote[/b] ]The white textures bug some people do sometimes encounter are due to the way you chose to install the "extra files" when you run the launcher, as you have to choose between direct3D and HWTL, (Option 1 or 2).

As stated in the first post, to fix this issue you should open Program files\OperationFlashpoint\@ffsx85\Dta\ folder and Delete Data.pbo/ Data3D.pbo (if they exist) or simply the HWTL folder.

And run again the launcher then choose another option you haven't previously taken into account.

There was an little patch that disabled the SLX features too if someone didnt like to play with them. Otherwise you have to try & test SLX configs.

Sadly that betatesters didnt pay more attention. At least some weird looking stuff should be always mentioned & fixed. confused_o.gif

How can i play without SLX Grass Islands? I hate this grass!!!!

Mow it.   tounge2.gif

No, honest, flip back a few sides and read the regarding topics or use the search function.

hi, sry I hate to bump old threads and I wouldve posted in the trouble shooting area, but it said I didnt have permission to post new topics.

Anyhow though I have a major problem, every time i start up slx85, it says missing "data3d\uralt.p3d (magic) ".

I also cant look at my map without my game crashing....please help me.

im also missing several other things too....data3d\znacka_40..data3d\zuni huh.gif help.

hi, sry I hate to bump old threads and I wouldve posted in the trouble shooting area, but it said I didnt have permission to post new topics.

Anyhow though I have a major problem, every time i start up slx85, it says missing "data3d\uralt.p3d (magic) ".

I also cant look at my map without my game crashing....please help me.

im also missing several other things too....data3d\znacka_40..data3d\zuni huh.gif help.

Did you try re-installing the mod?

you can save any addons you put in there, just cut the "Addons" folder out, put it somewhere else, and re-install the rest of it, then put back your addons in the ffur folder.

Did you install it with Administrative privileges? This can screw some writing up if you'r in a limited account.

Hope this helped!

ive installed it multiple times, i think im just going to ask someone for the folder with all of the p3d files.

So i can just put them into mine and that should do it, as far as the addons ive never had trouble with them.

Thanks though, and im going to go check that out, I made this account awhile ago, so im not sure if I did.

Hi, I not too long ago dl and tried to play the new slx85 mod, and upon installing it I noticed i was missing several p3d files.

I didnt think much of it at the time, because I knew it was ffur' last release and any problems with it they wouldnt fix.

However im pretty sure they wouldnt forget, the file you need to use the in-game map.

The file you need to see the civilian truck...im basically missing most of the p3d files that you need in order to play effectively.

So without to much further delay, i would like to ask if anyone would be so kind.

To upload the folder containing all of the p3d files?, many thanks smile_o.gif

Hi, I not too long ago dl and tried to play the new slx85 mod, and upon installing it I noticed i was missing several p3d files.

I didnt think much of it at the time, because I knew it was ffur' last release and any problems with it they wouldnt fix.

However im pretty sure they wouldnt forget, the file you need to use the in-game map.

The file you need to see the civilian truck...im basically missing most of the p3d files that you need in order to play effectively.

So without to much further delay, i would like to ask if anyone would be so kind.

To upload the folder containing all of the p3d files?, many thanks smile_o.gif

I guess I could upload my DATA3D.pbo, Gimme a sec I'll send you a link soon.

http://files.filefront.com/DATA3Drar/;12067237;/fileinfo.html

Awesome thank you so much ill install these and see how it works then, hopefully it's everything.

Ill repost if otherwise...

mkay file is corrupt.......so ill redownload

awesome it works thank you so much smile_o.gif

It would be nice if there was an option to install resistance foliage w/o resistance buildings.

Anyone looking to have this missing option, here's a simple edit you can do to the appropriate batch file. (Don't forget to make a backup)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

:nobuildings

if '%choice%'=='2' ECHO Resistance buildings.

ECHO.

ECHO Installing other replacement content.

ECHO.

echo Copying 3D models: @ffsx85\NewData to @ffsx85\DTA\HWTL\Data3D

copy /Y NewData\*.p3D DTA\HWTL\Data3D >NUL

echo Copying Resistance foliage: @ffsx85\NewData\Res_Foliage to @ffsx85\DTA\HWTL\Data3D

copy /Y NewData\Res_Foliage\*.p3D DTA\HWTL\Data3D >NUL

echo.

echo Done copying 3D models.

echo.

Also, the 1.5 patch seems to cause more errors then it resolves. Outside of that, great work, and I hope to see another version someday.

It would be nice if there was an option to install resistance foliage w/o resistance buildings.

Anyone looking to have this missing option, here's a simple edit you can do to the appropriate batch file. (Don't forget to make a backup)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

:nobuildings

if '%choice%'=='2' ECHO Resistance buildings.

ECHO.

ECHO Installing other replacement content.

ECHO.

echo Copying 3D models: @ffsx85\NewData to @ffsx85\DTA\HWTL\Data3D

copy /Y NewData\*.p3D DTA\HWTL\Data3D >NUL

echo Copying Resistance foliage: @ffsx85\NewData\Res_Foliage to @ffsx85\DTA\HWTL\Data3D

copy /Y NewData\Res_Foliage\*.p3D DTA\HWTL\Data3D >NUL

echo.

echo Done copying 3D models.

echo.

Also, the 1.5 patch seems to cause more errors then it resolves. Outside of that, great work, and I hope to see another version someday.

thank you very much. apartment buildings on Malden didnt look too well...

To fix the Glock problem (always recoiled unless empty), you need to edit CfgWeapons+Ammo which is located in @ffx85/bin/modconfig.

About half way through the file look for

Class GlockBase:HandGunBase

alter the following lines so they read-

model="\ffur_uw\sjb\SJB_Glock17_empty_proxy";

modelspecial="\ffur_uw\sjb\SJB_Glock17_proxy";

Do the same for the silenced Glock a little further down the list (where it says SLX add : Subsonic Ammo) ie.

model="\ffur_uw\sjb\SJB_Glock17_SD_empty_proxy";

modelspecial="\ffur_uw\sjb\SJB_Glock17_SD_proxy";

Any ideas on how to get the burning tanks & crews back?

I'm getting fed up of hitting the tanks with loads of ordnance, only for the crew to jump out and shoot me   crazy_o.gif

I am no longer able to find the link to modern_aec island, could anyone give me a new one? Please.

Is there a link with a much faster bandwidth? My download is going to take about 4 hours. I have DSL!!

I've been trying to fix a few things and have come to the conclusion that 'ffur_misc.pbo' has been messed up when the patch was applied. Putting the old version in brings back nice fire effects on vehicles and stuff, but brings back some of the old bugs as well. I've unPBOed it to get the Mi 24 undercarriage working - I'm now getting my head around what's going on in that file so I get it going how I want. Unless TB pops another patch out, that is smile_o.gif

An alternative quick fix for the Helo's is to direct EastVehicles.HPP to the other PBOs,

- text edit the following> \@ffsx85\bin\ModConfig\OFP_Default\EastVehicles.hpp

scroll 3/4 of the way down to the section 'Class Mi-24:Helicopter' and at the end of that section alter the following line

class EventHandlers:ECP_EventHandlers

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\ffur_misc\scripts\ru_helicopter_mi24.sqs""";

so it reads -

class EventHandlers:ECP_EventHandlers

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\ffur_ruair\mi24\scripts\checkgear.sqs""";

For the V80 gear, scroll down further and edit the next class EventHandler so it points at -

'\ffur_ruair\v80\script\init.sqs'

Cheers again TB for reigniting OFP for me!   biggrin_o.gif