Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

This is ONE UNBEATABLE mod for OFP now to the patch. Amazing work TB, I just can't stop playing this mod! notworthy.gif

I also have the "no exploding or burning vehicles /airplanes/Units", but I do have the burnings buldings.

I did choose option 2 during the installation.

Same here - sadly - really like the burning tank/ers effect

I also have the "no exploding or burning vehicles /airplanes/Units", but I do have the burnings buldings.

I did choose option 2 during the installation.

Same here - sadly - really like the burning tank/ers effect

Actually I've got a little of the fire when I played, at least on the PT-76.

I kinda find it more realistic, not every tank brews up when hit.

Yes but its really no different than stock ofp. makes me think something is wrong.

Thanks for the supportive and nice comments.

Seamingly, there are still a couple of bugs that need to be taken out, I guarantee you that almost all of the issues that have been reported so far will be fxed later.

However, as you have probably noticed, some of the features have been taken out to permit people with low-systems to flawlessly run the MOD, getting these features back means a loss of 'frame rates'.

It is up to you, you know the result of both situations.

Regards,

TB

I think a config with and without the effects would be a great compromise. I love seeing the nice effects also please make that US vs CHINA mod (replace Russia with VME units) and all will be fine smile_o.gif

Some things that could improved or changed:

- instead of black thin tracerlines color could be darkred/darkgreen

- retractable gear for V-80 and Mi-24

- V-80 need proper canon this one is pointing to left side through the helicopter

- MiG 21 increase engine sound in cockpit

- Mi-24, UH-60 slightly increase engine sound in cockpit too

- RPG's zigzag too much

- T-80BV change standard main gun ammo from He-Frag to APFSDS

- M2 Bradley add "activate TOW" and TOW launcher goes up and automatically down

- M2 Bradley the ironsight of 7.62mm Co-ax looks bad maybe take one from another vehicle

- some ironsights are too blurry is there easy way to get only "sharp" ironsights?

- add radio to M577A2 (HQ) for artillery and air strike, support troops (via mapclick)

- AIM-54 Phoeix "n" missing

- what about adding standard BIS smoke+explosions to this mod?

Well i like the improvements so far and the grass (please add it into FFUR07 too! ).

btw. is it possible to change standard "start-air-speed" for all placed flying planes generally into 300 or 500? Some planes like MiG-21 starts with around 1000...too fast for AI and little islands.

Quote[/b] ]- MiG 21 increase engine sound in cockpit

Have you ever actually flown an Mig-21 to suggest this ?

Quote[/b] ]Mi-24, UH-60 slightly increase engine sound in cockpit too

Read above

Quote[/b] ]

btw. is it possible to change standard "start-air-speed" for all placed flying planes generally into 300 or 500? Some planes like MiG-21 starts with around 1000...too fast for AI and little islands.

Kills the realism.

Quote[/b] ]- some ironsights are too blurry is there easy way to get only "sharp" ironsights?

I suggest RHS ironsights as they are the best in my opinion.

Also because BIS included the KA-50 prototype (V-80) why not include the Mi-28A (no radar dome and other ...) to complement the V-80.

ah my young padawan Universal you have to learn:

Suggestions are not commandments! wink_o.gif

If you wanna be a real military advisor you have to learn more than to trust on (military) internet pages and videos. But if you addicted to it - suffer well.

Edit:typo

Of course thats true but contrary to what you may believe or think I don't just use pure internet to backup my claims. Maybe you seem to forget that English isn't the only language I can speak/write/understand ?

Please also choose better wording , Padawan this isn't star wars and it just sounds childish.

I do know that suggestions aren't orders but some of you're suggestions could be re-evaluated/re-analyzed. I never suggested that all of the suggestions you made were bad its just I feel some are better than others ex. improved ironsight (you have my full backing there)

Russian community bug reports:

http://www.flashpoint.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=48228

-The SU22 has US radio chatter;

-The GlockS always has the slide pulled back, suggesting an empty magazine;

-Soviet ammo is shown as "5.54", should of course be "5.45". It also gives a stronger recoil than 7.62X39 ammo;

-The RPK74 only fires in single, doesn't have other firing modes;

-The VAL has firing modes of "AS VAL" and "9.39mm Auto", out of the standard used in the other weapons.

Also I'm wondering why the superior FAL from FFSX2007 was replaced with the standard BIS one...

-The GlockS always has the slide pulled back, suggesting an empty magazine;

I pointed this out earlier about two times well before the patch was released, and it still wasnt fixed. Maybe this time? tounge2.gif

Awesome mod for playing all my favorate missions with =P

Only problem is Abandoned Armies is one of them...

I get a fine (for me) FPS reading averageing at 20 to 25... But when I save the game and load it again, my OFP crashes and sometimes wont even let me start up OFP again untill I mess about with my shortcuts. Any little fix I can do to make it load? Like disable more scrpts myself or something?

That's a problem with all major replacements mods who use slx and a lot of scripts, they'll make missions allready using themselves a lot of scripts unloadable, e.g. the DMA missions can be saved and loaded with ECP or standard resistance but can't with FFUR, MCM-SLX etc.

You might want to try out GRAA's modpack, it seems to be a bit more "lightweight" in terms of scripts.

I have a strict opposition to facestex =P

Plus FFSX has nicer units.

What about if I did a little tweaking and stopped most of the SLX scripts from running in FFSX?

Cause damn this mission is NICE with it. I never had problems like this on my old PC. I used to get about 3FPS but with FFSX(07) I could (usualy) load Abandoned Armies. Maybe its just some '85 features? (It wasn't out when I had my old PC)

ha ha was pleasantly surprised when in multiplayer I clicked "Establish MG posistion" and a model I made appeared, no one in game believed i made it though of course xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- some ironsights are too blurry is there easy way to get only "sharp" ironsights?

Great post before I go any further but no ironsights should be sharp. Most of the time you stare down the barrel of anything the ironsights ARE blurry unless you are looking at the sights and not the targets. Also if anything I think transparent sights would be a better suggestion. As an avid gun owner I say this with experience.

RHS ironsights seem to be the best one combining blurry and sharp ironsights could also be the same for ORCS.

First things first, the patch is great, and it made my playing experience more better.

How about adding an F-18 to the mod?  

I saw an F-18 addon for OFP on the forums before, and the F-18 was in service during the 1980's and in 1985.

smile_o.gif

Fast jets are somewhat pointless in OFP, as the islands are too small, and the flight model is too basic for them to be of any use.

Fast jets are somewhat pointless in OFP, as the islands are too small, and the flight model is too basic for them to be of any use.

The F-14 and F-15 are in the mod, they are fast jets.

I know, I just questioned why we need more...

I'm sorry guys, I ended the translation but a fuckin CHKDSK deleted my "Codemasters" directory...I've too format C:\....I inserted the original Stringable.csv in the mod directory and I fixed something..if you want, I can give it you but there are some bugs (i fixed a part of them) for example some writes as: drop ak47 (or another weapon) in Ural, or drop Ak47 magazine exc....didn't appear...I made this small fix. Now there are more languages (italian, french, espanhol german...) but I think that there are other bugs...what do I? send the file to you?

Upload it to a site like Filefront and post a link here, or send the link in a PM to Thunderbird84.

Hello;

This seems to be a lovely mod, but I am looking for a bit more info that I cannot find (either on this forum or the FFUR website), and I was advised to post my queries to this existing thread.

Specifically:

1) When installing the mod, are any changes made to the registry?

2) How does one uninstall the mod?

3) Does uninstalling the mod automatically uninstall the SLX replacement pack (my installation would not complete unless the SLX pack was installed). If not, how is the SLX pack uninstalled?

4) What does the option to disable resistance foliage/buildings mean? Should these be disabled or not, and what is the advantage of this?

5) Can I continue to use user-created missions after the FFUR mod is installed?

All in all a lovely mod.

Thanks in advance to all who help.

Smeghead99