Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Damn you Tbird, I wish you would PM me or something that your going to release the mod, I'm always the last person to see that it is out.

I'm downloading now. Can't wait to play the original campaigns with an original ERA mod again,

Congrats, Can't wait for the Desert and Winter Versions (Just Kidding whistle.gifwhistle.gif )

Cheers, Big-Rooney

Congrats, Can't wait for the Desert and Winter Versions (Just Kidding whistle.gifwhistle.gif )

haha.. ah the gold ol' days.

OMG GRABING FURR NAOH!!

TB,

Can you provide either a separate config/SLX_GL3 or direct me to where to make the change that will restore the original GL3 radio functionality? I don't care about the BIS missions being broken.

Thanks

It does not work by me, it crashes.

But the version before gone good.

But the oldest 1985 Version crashed too...

There no Addons in the res folder, installed correct, is there something needed?

I downloaded ffsx '85 pack...excellent but why you writed all lines in english? No problem for me...I can speak too easy the english but the others players.

Are you working for a "Better models and textures faces" for the mod? whistle.gifwhistle.gif

Congratulations...excellent mod, very good...

Once again, thanks for the kind words.

Quote[/b] ]I downloaded ffsx '85 pack...excellent but why you writed all lines in english? No problem for me...I can speak too easy the english but the others players.

English has been chosen as main language because it was impossible to translate the amount of modifications in other languages properly.

Requesting community's support might have consequently delayed the release.

Quote[/b] ]Are you working for a "Better models and textures faces" for the mod?

In my judement, the current faces look decent so far, even if they are outdated.

Regarding models, they are the best of what the community provides.

Quote[/b] ]It does not work by me, it crashes.

But the version before gone good.

But the oldest 1985 Version crashed too...

There no Addons in the res folder, installed correct, is there something needed?

As stated in the previous page, there should be no problem in terms of CTDs since the MOD has been fully tested.

Make sure you properly installed the pack and check out that:

1 - You are running the MOD with a clean installation of OFP 1.96

2 - Make sure your system respects the following requirements:

- Windows XP / 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon XP / 1024 MB RAM / 1GB Hard Disk Space (per pack) / At least a Fifth Generation Graphic Card (eg. GeForce 5 Series or Radeon 9 series)

3 - Clean your registry (With ccleaner or any other tool intended for this purpose).

4 - Defrag your system.

Quote[/b] ]Can you provide either a separate config/SLX_GL3 or direct me to where to make the change that will restore the original GL3 radio functionality? I don't care about the BIS missions being broken.

-Unpbo Slx_gl3 located within @ffur85\addons\ folder and do the same for the same file of (vanilla SLX) MOD.

-Replace FFUR '85 GroupLink3 script by SLX one and PBO SLX_GL3 folder.

Quote[/b] ]Congrats, Can't wait for the Desert and Winter Versions (Just Kidding whistle.gifwhistle.gif )

- Why not for ArmA or ArmA II? ;]

Quote[/b] ]Can I make an italian translation for the mod?

Sure, any help in this regards would be greatly appreciated:

- Simple: Open \@ffur85\Bin\stringtable.csv

- Edit it with Excel

- The Italian part is the C column

Mirror - (OFP.info)

Thanks to Cervo.

Regards,

TB

Been playing for a couple of hours and this is the best FFUR of them all in my opinion. It just feels right.

Experinced a crash but I'm pretty sure thats down to my computer.

Only one bug I discovered. An inavlid crew error (or something along those lines) when I started that single mission with the Apache and the convoy.

Thanks for the hard work.

Good job ! Immersion is great !

But I have some performance problem (for exemple 1st mission of 1985 campaign) with or without dxdll

With the original game my FPS vary from 25 to 60, but with FFUR, from 5 to 60 (5-15 when attacking malden for exemple)

Maybe is the grass, or AI script, any idea ?

I'm not sure is related to the graphics (more a CPU problem)

And where can I find a exemple of 'good' settings (geometry performance, ect ...) ?

For info, my specs is

XP 3200+

1G ram

6600 GT

Awesome. Just awesome! Great work! thumbs-up.gif

But I also have performance problems. I think it's AI Improvements, because lag starts when AI starts shooting. So, what I need to do to have mod with all visual effects but without AI improvements? Just tell me what I need to disable\enable or delete in config, please. smile_o.gif Thanks.

Indeed, the major performance hit is due to - SLX AI Modifications -, this is not noticeable with "Dual Core Processors" at all, but olders systems might encounter some troubles.

Here I put a little patch which should make the MOD more enjoyable for "Low systems":

"Dual Core" processors don't need it, though.

-------------------------------------------

Download

-Simply extract the folder '@ffsx85' to your OperationFlashpoint Main folder and overwrite the previous files.

What's new? : - Disabled SLX Features for Infantry Troops, therefore, the performance is much better.

Best Regards,

TB

I really like this mod, I can see you've captured the feeling of the original game. The only bug I've noticed is sometimes while looking around (as in right-clicked, zoomed in) stuff will sometimes disappear (buildings etc.)

Another excellent effort though, so much work must have gone into this mod it's unbelievable.

Congratulations for your work!! Ive been playing since first release... notworthy.gifyay.gif

But in this version, mod seems to run wrong, i havnt seen people burning and artillery doesnt work. Also my ammo indicator is visible. In FFUR-SLX 2007 2.5 version all things worked properly.

What can i do? I am running a clean Resistance 1.96 version.

Please im desesperate to play banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Thnx and sorry my english.... tounge2.gif

Hey thundebird, just a few things -

You seem to have mixed up the model and modelspecial of the silenced Glock - The slide appears back when loaded, and forward when empty.

The sights on the M3 Grease Gun are really small and fuzzy, making it almost impossible to use. Perhaps you could improve these?

I`ve also noticed that the rear cargo positions in the resistance GAZ-69 place the units half way through the floor, with their feet touching the ground.

Well I have had the opportunity to betatest out these mods and part of the process and I wanna thank TB and the whole FFUR team for making a game that is 7 years old and in my opinion broken into what it should have been those 7 long years ago. Its been awesome and all of TechwarriorZ thanks you as well. OK TB now write a book for dummies on how to mod it the right way smile_o.gif

I have all of the recommended hardware and the framerate is great. One problem I am encountering though is that on the first mission the driver of the truck's programming is messing up to where he isn't taking us to the fitness range and is instead crashing into a tree.

Other than that, great mod. I even like how all of the infantry names are capitalized.

I suppose most of OFP players allready have those addons that you've used in this mod. So why haven't you made something like custom config and files containing additional scripts, effects, animations etc.?

Nice!

When I get a working PC again I'll be playing this non-stop.

Quote[/b] ]I suppose most of OFP players allready have those addons that you've used in this mod. So why haven't you made something like custom config and files containing additional scripts, effects, animations etc.?

Have you even played it? confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I suppose most of OFP players allready have those addons that you've used in this mod. So why haven't you made something like custom config and files containing additional scripts, effects, animations etc.?

As Blazin stated, You completely seem to misunderstand what the MOD is about and how it has been designed as well as its 'wanted objectives' since you seem to consider it as "a gross compilation" of community's addons/scripts , maybe just check out the readme files put in several parts in the first post of this thread if you don't want to bother yourself with downloading the MOD and giving it a little try.

Quote[/b] ] One problem I am encountering though is that on the first mission the driver of the truck's programming is messing up to where he isn't taking us to the fitness range and is instead crashing into a tree.

Yes, this is kind of random and I encountred the same issue the first time I have played it but the second time it worked without a problem.

Quote[/b] ]

OK TB now write a book for dummies on how to mod it the right way

Thanks but it's all written here and there by people like Sanctuary, General Barron, Pappy Boyington (y2k3)...

Quote[/b] ]

I`ve also noticed that the rear cargo positions in the resistance GAZ-69 place the units half way through the floor, with their feet touching the ground.

---------------------------------

You seem to have mixed up the model and modelspecial of the silenced Glock - The slide appears back when loaded, and forward when empty.

The sights on the M3 Grease Gun are really small and fuzzy, making it almost impossible to use. Perhaps you could improve these?

Thanks for the reports, they will be fixed with the incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]But in this version, mod seems to run wrong, i havnt seen people burning and artillery doesnt work. Also my ammo indicator is visible. In FFUR-SLX 2007 2.5 version all things worked properly.

- The squad's leader is the only man who can call for Artillery Support.

- Keep on playing the MOD to notice crew members burning after having their tanks being seriously damaged.

Quote[/b] ]The only bug I've noticed is sometimes while looking around (as in right-clicked, zoomed in) stuff will sometimes disappear (buildings etc.)

Slightly decrease the "FPS-meter" in your options menu.

Regards,

TB

Great work TB, framerates are excellent, but the only thing I am disappointed by is the sounds - I liked the previous ones much better, they felt much more intense and immersive. You don't get that sense anymore that you're being shot at like in previous versions, and thus is not nearly as immersive.

So I ask - is there any way to put the sounds of the previous version into the new version? Could I do through simple overwrting or would I need to de-pbo the sounds and overwrite them individually?