Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

ffur85releasepiclk8.jpg

<span style='font-family:dotum'><span style='color:blue'>"The way to win an atomic war is to make certain it never starts" </span> - Bradley.</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I</span><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>’m pleased to announce you the release of the new FFUR ’85 (2008 Edition), which is completely based on the same theme than the original game (Cold War Crisis).

I have already said that many times but I’m afraid this time this pack is really going to be the last FFUR major release for Operation Flashpoint. Therefore, a lot of efforts have been spent in order to make it very stable and unique, featuring several additions and enhancements, not only in terms of realism, but in terms of immersion and game-play as well.

(As with the implementation of an improved version of SLX 1.1).

This pack has been carried out with the aim to respect the original game’s feeling (Consequently, some aspects have not been modified: Music and a large part of UI elements).

This new edition has been created from scratch, it means that no element from the first ’85 pack (2005 Edition) has been used for this new version, moreover it includes more features and more models than any of the previous FFUR packs (Large Selection of Vehicles and Aircrafts, Ability to establish MG position for Machine-Gunners with the Action-Menu; Artillery System but with the ability to carry out only 1 call, which makes missions more challenging… and much more).

I sincerely hope you will enjoy this new release, as it will probably bring some of you back to the good old days. ;]

Special thanks to all those who contributed in making this release possible:

- OFP's Great Community even if it is no more what it was previously.

- Dedicated Beta Testers and Mod Supporters (Big-Rooney, Njmatrix (TechwarriorZ), SamotH, Alygator, Kenwort...).</span>

-----------------------------------------------------------

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>- Patch 1.05 List of Changes

- Features

- Model Changes

- Model Additions

- Credits</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Patch 1.05 - Mirror 1</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Main Pack - Mirror 1 (GOL-Clan)

Main Pack - Mirror 2 (TechwarriorZ)

Main Pack- Mirror 3 (Flashpoint.ru)

Main Pack - Mirror 4 (OFP.info)</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Installation:</span>

- Run the installer, follow the instructions and everything will be done as envisaged.

- When you run the launcher, you will have the choice between [Direct 3D and Direct 3D HWTL], better choose the second option. (If you would encounter weird white textures in game then delete @ffur85/dta/Data folder and take out Data3d.pbo and Data.pbo files and choose the other option).

sanstitre1ko8.jpg

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>www.FFUR.net</span></span>

Respect thunderbird84 - congratz to latest release of your team and you! smile_o.gif

wow this was unexpected, i thought this been released would be a while off yet.

Going to download it now smile_o.gif

Thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into OFP over the years.

*Raises virtual pint glass*

wow, I'm surprised buy this release being so soon.

downloading now...

I recently found my old OFP disk... I look forward to trying this, its been a long while since we've had an 85 mod from yourself.

It`s year 2008 and almost seven have passed since original relase of CWC. What can I say - it is OPERATION FLASHPOINT REVIVAL. When I look at Ai improvements, updated & new equipment, superb scrpting thats the Ofp I`ve been always dreaming about. I appreciate all previous relases but this Cold War theme is the best ever. BIS campaigns and missions, oh boy sounds like hours of fun again! Merci beaucoup thunderbird84, two thumbs up.

Wow! All I can say!  notworthy.gif

Will this be the last FFUR for OFP?

Quote[/b] ]I have already said that many times but I’m afraid this time this pack is really going to be the last FFUR major release for Operation Flashpoint.

From first post.

In the time it's taken me to respond to this question you could have read the entire first post.

Excellent job! This is the most immersive mod yet for OFP and so far my favorite.

Put together a quick mission with three groups of US infantry attacking a small town in Everon held by four squads of Russians and the fire fight was superb and tough, somehow the AI seems much better than in FFSX2007. Also, had a Apache in support and I was shot dead because I mesmerized by the CAS that the Apache was doing , really cool seeing it drop flares.

I've noticed some issues.

for USSR troops, you can only fire the RPK in semi-automatic. Also you cannot reload the RPK once the initial magazine is emptied.

This may be unrelated to FFUR, I'll see if more people make similiar comments. But OFP seems to be much less stable while running this mod. I have had several crashes.

There seems to be problem with the AI messaging. Set up a mission where USSR squads were spread out by approximately 300 yards and attacking one squad failed to bring in reinforcements from the other squads.

GL3 radio setup looks ok though, I'll take a look at the SLX_GL3 to see if the setting match with the SLX_GL3 setting in the PBO.

Also, after more testing it appears that the Apaches are NOT engaging armor or infantry. I had three AH-64 attack a mix of units with a platoon of T-72 and one ZSU, and all three were shot down within minutes. It also looks like if the lead helo gets hit the remainder will not take command and end up landing near the downed lead helo.

If I rename the folders can i have my FFUR-SLX 07 and the new 85'.

Thanks all for the nice words.

Quote[/b] ]This may be unrelated to FFUR, I'll see if more people make similiar comments. But OFP seems to be much less stable while running this mod. I have had several crashes

I played the entire "Red Hammer" campaign without experiencing any crash at all, the same goes to the "Beta testers" who tested the pack, since nobody experienced any kind of CTD.

I partially conclude that this is due to your system, therefore, please check out that:

1 - You are running the MOD with a clean installation of OFP 1.96

2 - Make sure your system respects the following requirements:

- Windows XP / 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon XP / 1024 MB RAM / 1GB Hard Disk Space (per pack) / At least a Fifth Generation Graphic Card (eg. GeForce 5 Series or Radeon 9 series)

3 - Clean your registry (With ccleaner or any other tool intended for this purpose).

4 - Defrag your system.

Quote[/b] ]There seems to be problem with the AI messaging. Set up a mission where USSR squads were spread out by approximately 300 yards and attacking one squad failed to bring in reinforcements from the other squads.

Having a huge amount of troops concentrated in 1 specific area might break several BIS missions, that's why reinforcements have been made random.

Quote[/b] ]If I rename the folders can i have my FFUR-SLX 07 and the new 85'.

Negative.

Otherwise, thanks for reporting the 2 little bugs regarding the Apache not attacking ground troops and RPK-74 using 1 firing mode.

Regards,

TB

My comments:

- FFUR '85 runs stable (I had no crashes so far) in contrast to vanilla SLX; thunderbird, did you change something in SLX-scripts to prevent CTDs?

- M60A2 should be renamed to M60A1 or M60A3; the M60A2 fired missiles and wasn't fielded widely

- the Apaches do attack ground vehicles, if they have their engines on

- for the Cobra it says Hellfire, although it should fire TOW.

Good job, I very much like it!

Thanks for the comments and feedbacks, copied all reports to a .txt file in order to enhance these aspects with a patch, that would hopefully, include some new unexpected Models as well ;] (Thanks to vektorboson).

Quote[/b] ]Flashpoint.ru mirror

Thank you for the mirror, will be added to the first page ASAP.

Regards,

TB