Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

British kit mod for arma

Okay Im done lol (but seriously, i eagerly await some proper British units, and rksl seems a bit too far off atm)

For british troops RKSL is very far off because we wont make those, PUKF does. We only make Aircraft and some ground vehicles.

No plans for ether Wessex or Scout at the moment, but who knows what the future will drop on our doorstep.

Yep, he grated us permission to use it, so its going to get used in the manor it deserves.

Looking great guys, keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

Wow sure wish you could get hold of the flk lynx. Has anyone seen Col. Klink? *sigh*

Still the lynx you're working on looks good. Keep up the good work.

Hope my stuff is in anyway usefull and if you need something scripting I'm willing to put in quite a few hours.

Question? And Im not looking for a fight here!

But do you guys want to get this mod out as soon as possible?

Or what is your plan?

Because Ive seen a complete set of addons.

All are very nice, but can be much better. Especially the ports.

Given some time and increased skills. Or is the goal to get this

out as soon as possible to provide the gamers some brittish kit?

Because yes some stuff is good, and much better then I personally can do.

But If you look at the horizon reaaally good, you can see a whole set of aircraft. Which are kinda exactly spot on to the real thing, isnt that something to think about.

I mean if you make something now that takes your time. Which is going to be replaced not far from now. Wouldnt it be better to spend your time on lets say the apc? huh.gif

wink_o.gif

The plan is not to publicly release anything untill the Full version of V1.09 is released by BIS. Untill that point we keep aquiring the base units, then improving on them where we can. After the 1.09 full release, we may release a public BETA of the pack to get a better idea of feedback for the people that will be using it. It depends how far we get by that point.

We cant use the DKM 432, My 432 was built to that point in 2 hrs as an experiment to see if I could actually do it but will now be shelved once an agreement with JB has been reached for the use of his 432 model.

Were trying to get the units to a functional level, then work on the improvements & fine tuning.

Current status

Landrovers - awaiting texturing & scripting

Soldiers - awaiting texturing & scripting

Merlin - Receiving first set of tweeks & fixes

Gazelle - Finished retexturing, Flight model tweeks pending

Puma - awaiting scripting tweeks

Lynx - awaiting detailing of the basic model before texturing & scripting

Chinook - awaiting retexturing & flight model tweeks

AH64 - operational

432's - as per above

Once you've public relised beta I'll try giving you fixes for anything I find for the:-

Landrovers

Merlin

Gazelle

Puma

Lynx

Chinook

AH64

I'm really excited about this mod. Keep up the good work I think what you're doing is ace. Please also consider single item relise if some items are taking time.

Well, the Lynx for example is already flying in game. Thats went from prototype to flyable model in a week, give or take a day or so.

Our production line is running flat out at the moment.

lynxs.jpg

Top is the model Rambo claims to have "made". Bottom is from the flk mod. Key parts highlighted - some of the model has been changed, but still shows unmistakable similiarity - right down to lighting errors. In light of this, P:UKF have decided to withdraw permission to use our ported weapons pending further review, as previous claims by rambo that he will be respectful of addon makers and thier Intellectual Property has been shown to be null and void.

Clean (unmarked) picture of lynx's, just for prosterity:

www.volcbat.com/pictures/lynxs2.jpg

Owned.

I wouldn't usually post like this but stealing other people's work is a no go.

pretty much obvious after looking at those pictures. Kinda sad what's going on in the com...

Well there has pretty much been a witch hunt going on since this project was started by those who would have rather not seen this project started, so no surprise this is comming from the same.

As for the lynx, the one you have produced as a match i can safely say ive never seen it before. Dong one with wheeles was te reason that I chose one with wheeles, ive only ever seen scren shots of the usual TOW armed with skids. The permissions issue is a non starter, we have always seeked permission, most reciently was the Merlin, and I have even approached BIS re perssion about their moddified landrovers because of the MLOD post that arose. Why should I steal anything now ? Permission before release has been and always will be the policy.

Take youe insecurities & your witch hunt else where.

Well there has pretty much been a witch hunt going on since this project was started by those who would have rather not seen this project started, so no surprise this is comming from the same.

As for the lynx, the one you have produced as a match i can safely say ive never seen it before. Dong one with wheeles was te reason that I chose one with wheeles, ive only ever seen scren shots of the usual TOW armed with skids. The permissions issue is a non starter, we have always seeked permission, most reciently was the Merlin, and I have even approached BIS re perssion about their moddified landrovers because of the MLOD post that arose. Why should I steal anything now ? Permission before release has been and always will be the policy.

I just want to quote this for the record.

I'll let people look at the pictures and decide for themselves.

Are you saying you made yours from scratch and havent seen the flk one before? After comparing the photos, you are not fooling anyone.

Also I am no modeler, but can anyone tell me why is the cockpit full of triangles?

never done any modeling, but could it be that the models are so similar because they are both extremely accurate to real life?

Maybe if rambo could post pictures of the stages of his development to prove he made it from scratch?

Good idea.

problem is I didnt take any screen shots during the earlier stages, and even if I did, who would believe me.

never done any modeling, but could it be that the models are so similar because they are both extremely accurate to real life?

Maybe if rambo could post pictures of the stages of his development to prove he made it from scratch?

From 6 years modelling experience with o2, I can tell you that even if two people made the same thing as a model, yes theyd look similar but specifics arent the same. Things such as lighting errors are pretty unique to a model and it'd be a huge, impossibly huge coincidence. Look at the features highlighted, they are identical, it's not a coincidence.

The unidsputable proof is in lighting errors such as the windows.

Guest RKSL-Rock

With the best will in the world; the odds of 2 modelers making the same model with the EXACT same lighting errors, "features" and proportions is infinitesimal.  Anyone can have a look for themselves.  Just take a look at the FLK Naval Lynx.  And while you are at it compare Rambo's Gazelle to the Malvinas Gazelle...  The odds of the shape, form and features on yet another model matching up... lets just say winning the lottery is better odds.

Malvinas Open Beta Download and Screens

MLV Gazelle - look at the exhaust and position of the Roof Mounted Sight