Sign in to follow this  
yurapetrov

Blackhawks and seahawks

I noticed a rappel hook in the one picture. Is there any possobility that you are going to include rappel functions in any of your releases?

choppers look vary lovely nice work on them wink_o.gif Are you able to put fast roping on them like in OFP?

Hey man, nice work. I just wanted to let you know that Blackhawks are not black. That seems to be a popular misconception in the ArmA community. I spent eight years in the Army and the only black Blackhawk I've ever seen is the one that's operated by U.S. Customs. This doesn include the Blackhawks operated by the 160th. They are also not black. I'm not trying to badmouth your work and please do not get offended. I have respect for all addon makers because I know what goes in to making them. I'm just offering some knowledge. Good luck on your project, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

ME (ON THE RIGHT) AND MY HAWK, BAGHDAD INTERNATIONAL, WINTER 2005

Hey man, nice work. I just wanted to let you know that Blackhawks are not black. That seems to be a popular misconception in the ArmA community. I spent eight years in the Army and the only black Blackhawk I've ever seen is the one that's operated by U.S. Customs. This doesn include the Blackhawks operated by the 160th. They are also not black. I'm not trying to badmouth your work and please do not get offended. I have respect for all addon makers because I know what goes in to making them. I'm just offering some knowledge. Good luck on your project, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

ME (ON THE RIGHT) AND MY HAWK, BAGHDAD INTERNATIONAL, WINTER 2005

Yeah i agree, it is a common mistake as with the Apache's they are a dark green... very nice work cannot wait for the release.:yay:

Will you release a beta or just go straight to Full??? whistle.gif

yurapetrov u forgot something , a one little detail on main rotor , those wires or something like that on top , if u do it that , rotor will be 100%  smile_o.gif

yurapetrov u forgot something , a one little detail on main rotor , those wires or something like that on top , if u do it that , rotor will be 100% smile_o.gif

its wip pics. I will think about adding wires and other small details later. I dont want to increase number of poligons. Rotor with blades allready has about 1.5k poligons.

i nearly forgot to post a new wip pic :-)

arma2008031022094267dj4.jpg

Great , very nice ! thumbs-up.gif

This cockpit looks alot better then BIS notworthy.gif

+1 bring on the working MFD's!!! yay.gifinlove.gif

Impressive stunning work, I love the Seahawk with Penguins on its sides! Great work, thank you for sharing such a beauty!!!

Quote[/b] ] Rotor with blades allready has about 1.5k poligons.

icon_rolleyes.gif i'm afraid to ask what is overall model polycount of the model...

this does look awesome, but if you accept I would give some critism:

-its sad to see that the rotor is über detailed, but do you look alot to the rotor?

and then the cockpit, wich should be more detailed than rotor though, so I suggest you remove SOME details from rotor, and add SOME details in cockpit, I dont want to make the rotor too detailed. who I am to boss you here? damn me biggrin_o.gif

nice work, cant wait to use these hot babes pistols.gif

Pic looks vary nice biggrin_o.gif Keep it up, could you put fast roping to this chopper?

Hey man, nice work. I just wanted to let you know that Blackhawks are not black. That seems to be a popular

misconception in the ArmA community. I spent eight years in the Army and the only black Blackhawk I've ever seen is the one that's operated by U.S.

Customs. This doesn include the Blackhawks operated by the 160th. They are also not black. I'm not trying to badmouth your work and please do not

get offended. I have respect for all addon makers because I know what goes in to making them. I'm just offering some knowledge. Good luck on your

project, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

<a href="http://www.ballisticaddonstudios.com/users/monty/OIF%20(351).JPG" target="_blank">ME (ON THE RIGHT) AND MY HAWK, BAGHDAD INTERNATIONAL, WINTER

2005</a>

thanks. I never seen the Blackhawk in real world. Its a problem to select realistic color for textures, because two things.

First, the color of Blackhawks on photos consist of color of sunlight, ambient lighting and Blackhawk color. On every photos the Blackhawks has

different tints. I dont know what the base color of Army's Blackhawks and Blackhawks operated by the 160th. Example, on the photo left part of your

hawk, wich is lit by sun, has color #7C6955 (olive), right part, wich is not lit by sun, has color #7C6955 (looks like navy grey). What is the base

color of your hawk? Dont understand what color i must use in textures :-(

Second, Arma engine counts lighting from texture color, environment ambient, main directional light(sun or moon) and parameters in RVMAT file

(Ambient, Diffuse, specular etc). I dont know how, and cant to choise the right parametrs in RVMAT and texture color so that the Blackhawk in Arma

has the same tint as in the real life. I spend some time to guessing its but unsuccessful :-(

The one color, wich i think looks realistic, is the color of VH-60.

I noticed a rappel hook in the one picture. Is there any possobility that you are going to include rappel

functions in any of your releases?

Pic looks vary nice biggrin_o.gif Keep it up, could you put fast roping to this chopper?

maybe, i dont think about it yet

I'm looking pics or blueprints of blackhawks and seahawks external cargo hook and RAST system.

Seahawks rotor :-)

seahawkrotorms9.jpg

I think i can make a rotor blades folding script for it.

yurapetrov again great job  thumbs-up.gif and i can see your work is a lot better then BIS "poor" UH60 biggrin_o.gif

BTW i like to see your work in RHS /i mean later when u finish these hawks/ , and rework Scar's HIND like main rotor etc wink_o.gif

damn impressive. there are so much details. i hope we'll see more stuff from you soon ! what are your plans after you finish the blackhawks ?

yurapetrov again great job thumbs-up.gif and i can see your work is a lot better then BIS "poor" UH60 biggrin_o.gif

BTW i like to see your work in RHS /i mean later when u finish these hawks/ , and rework Scar's HIND like main rotor etc wink_o.gif

Hehe, yeah i would love to see that.

The level of detail shown here is impressive.

Great work yurapetrov.  Has anybody seen the hi-res pictures of the Chinook HC.3?  If not, check them out here.

http://www.airliners.net/photo....&size=L

http://www.airliners.net/photo....&size=L

I can't remember off the top of my head who's working on a similar Chinook (spec-ops US version).  Maybe yurapetrov can work on something like this in the future.  

GD Mast

Owesome work, you make every blackhawk fan happy!

I was wondering how soldiers-cargo will work (players who get into chopper).

How would they sit in the chopper since the chairs are missing?

Will it be on the edge of the cargo box or fully inside?

This is awesome.... you are a genius modeller! Im astonished by the details notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif