Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Where & how to buy ArmA or Queen's Gambit

Buying from Sprocket you have me in your corner trying to get any possible support issues resolved, buying from any other online system and you're on your own, plus it's cheaper from Sprocket wink_o.gif

Thanks for the replies so far, guys. If I end up using a direct-to-disk download service, I will use sprocket. I already know of sprocket, and if I can't get a physical copy, there would be no point in hunting high and low for alternatives to something I vaguely understand.

Sprocket worked fine for me. I had absolutely no issues getting QG up and running, and it was pretty easy too. The only thing you would have to worry about is the confirmation emails going to your junk box.

Abs

I downloaded from sprocket, worked fine my only complaint is that if you accidently delete it you cannot download it again. So you should probably save it to a disc.

^ I learned that the hard way sad_o.gif

If I understand correctly, downloading QG from Sprocket would upgrade any version (including french one) without any issues ?

I DID IT yay.gif

Purchasing from Sprocket is fast and simple ...

Download is fast (1500 kb/s, 9 min total) but could be faster.

Data extraction is fast ... licence agreement can't be read (at least in french) but must be agreed to proceed further sad_o.gif

Install is fast and succesful ! ArmAQG.txt could be easier to read ...  

Okey, now let's see what kind of guts QG have  wink_o.gif

Quote ]There are far too many individual threads so I'll merge as many as I can find into this one thread.

The obvious place which supports BIS the most is Sprocket.

Armed Assault Gold Edition.

ArmA: Queen's Gambit Expansion

[/b]

Hi, decided to take the plunge and buy Arma, but I am very confused by alll the differnet patches and version, some patches for europe only, some for america only, some for the download version only???

This has probably been asked/answered before, so I apologise, but could someone tell me what the curent version is, and the least troublesome way to obtain it.

Also, how many people have queen's gambit?

I am principaly interested in online play, so wether or not many people have queen's gambut pretty much decides for me wether I willl get it or not.

Thanks very much. smile_o.gif

P.S. I live in the UK, in case there is still a europe/america split.

This question has been asked numerous times recently, anyway here you go:

If you buy it in the UK you most probably get the 505 Games version which is by default v1.04, knowing which version you have makes finding the right patches pretty easy. All you need to do is checking this website, find your version and follow the links for the patches.

The latest version is 1.09 (available as public beta currently).

If you buy the Gold Edition you get Queens Gambit together with the Game.

Hello!

I own USA boxed version of ARMA, the Atari one. I can't find Queens Gambit in stores where I live. Will the downloadable Sprocket version work with my USA boxed version?

Thanks!

Please respond, I'm anxious to play! yay.gif

Sorry to jump in on this but I would like to purchase it also.

The only difference is I would like to purchase a Hard Copy, not the download.

(Sorry, but I still have not gotten over the very bad experince with the download version at Arma's release)

Please, can anybody direct me to a trustworthy retailer that will ship to Canada.

Thank You

Hello!

I own USA boxed version of ARMA, the Atari one. I can't find Queens Gambit in stores where I live. Will the downloadable Sprocket version work with my USA boxed version?

Thanks!

Please respond, I'm anxious to play! yay.gif

Yes, it works with all versions of ArmA.

I know it's not as good as it could have been but its addons, islands and animations mean that Queens Gambit is becoming popular amongst mission makers (myself included) so when hassling a clan member to buy it so he could help with beta testing, we found this.

QG, UK delivered for seven quid. If you're a Game Reward card holder, it's even cheaper!

Now there's just no excuse. Go and get it, it's less than the price of 40 fags, for goodness sake!

That's way cheaper than any legal download, plus you get the media.

Cool. My friend gave me is QG for free - nothing beats that. tounge2.gif

There are far too many individual threads so I'll merge as many as I can find into this one thread.

And thanks for removing the subtitle line that had a pound sign in it munged by the forum software. smile_o.gif