Sign in to follow this  
Halochief89

Offliner(vs ai) or onliner(vs players)

Null vote = offended coop playerâ„¢

Seriously, if the main reason why you don't play against other players is fear of cheating, let me express my deepest amusement. It has no logic because there is no risk of anything happening to you and even the risk of having a cheater in a game is extremely low. My observation is that fearing cheaters is only a cover for the real reason: the fear of getting spanked by faster and more flexible players regardless of using surefire anti-AI tactics and "proper" military maneuvers. It's a piece of cake to dismiss them as CS kids or cheaters, afterall you have killed hundreds of intelligently flanking and proning AI opponents.

If you don't see yourself in the description above, good for you.

Its not just that I actually prefer evo as single player thats what I'm doing at the moment. As for the cheating well I suspect it was the people running that particular server itself but it does suck getting killed online not by a bullet or bomb but just by someone using a cheat code or modified missions script that allows such behaviour. If the group that I'm with uses Arma then I have no problems playing online with them but some of the other servers are a waste of time if they behave in such a manner.

I nulled my vote for the missing third option...

3. Onliner (vs AI)

Coop all the way. pistols.gif

x2

I voted SP.

Most time I make SP-Missions and then I check them out.

Then I polish my missions... and I try keepin both sides playable for me... so sometimes I´m in offence and sometimes I defend.

And for little smokesessions with my little glasfriend... I watch the AI suffering in Battle.....^^.

MP, hm... I have 2 buy an Headset of course.

My times on Arma-MP where not very successfully, course the communication was to slow... for telling Targets.

My pros for SP are the many different szenarios that I can play, and when I realize something is lacking... "Esc", polishing, and Preview... rockon.

I would like MP, if there would be more mp-missions with massiv vehicle support, and more action like that.

The Missions with that static choppers, you get in and parachute instantly to anywhere.... *möp* I really don´t like.

My "falscher Fuffzscher"

btw: I have never thought "Muahaha, I owned the AI, I´m King"

I find myself playing offline more. Two things killed the multiplayer for me, 1) the majority of the servers playing Evo; 2) the time involved in some coop based servers.

I really like Evo as a single player mission/game. Evo with people is good, but when every server runs it, it's got old very quick. Evo MP requires very good cooperation. Something you don't always find on a public server.

I play a lot of Dynamic War and Evo SP when I have the time.

Null vote = offended coop playerâ„¢

Seriously, if the main reason why you don't play against other players is fear of cheating, let me express my deepest amusement. It has no logic because there is no risk of anything happening to you and even the risk of having a cheater in a game is extremely low. My observation is that fearing cheaters is only a cover for the real reason: the fear of getting spanked by faster and more flexible players regardless of using surefire anti-AI tactics and "proper" military maneuvers. It's a piece of cake to dismiss them as CS kids or cheaters, afterall you have killed hundreds of intelligently flanking and proning AI opponents.

If you don't see yourself in the description above, good for you.

Let me express my deepest amusement at your post:

I don't fear cheaters, however, having encountered alot of blatant cheating on public servers quite commonly, I can see why many people do, even on coop only servers I've seen cheaters ruining the game by using hacks that spam objects all over the map, so no your basis for that argument is not valid. As for getting spanked by what you call faster and more flexible players and the rest of us lowly, obviously slow and less flexible mortals dismissing them as "CS kids" is the part of your post that amuses me. Let me explain why.

The ones me and teammates commonly call "CS kids" are hardly flexible, and end up getting owned by us using proper military maneuvers and their response is "this game is shit, the controls suck and it's not fun" <insert player here disconnects> , thus us referring to them as CS kids who can't handle a gameplay change (hardly flexible in that regard). Further proof goes to the fact that most of the succesful clans here in aus in matches (yes players vs players believe it or not) utilize effective military maneuvers (fire and movement and bounding overwatch/leapfrogging for example) . Hmm funny that isn't it?

Futhermore the reason most of us prefer to play coop is because A) PVP missions never allow for the scale coop missions do, or the deepness (and I can't stress enough on this point) B) AI doesn't feel the need to grab a .50 cal sniper rifle and head way out into the hills when they are losing firefights C) I find the AI in groups to be more challenging then the average public player believe it or not, AI at least understands that they stand a better chance in a group and that flanking and proning works better then trying to stay in one position and get flanked.

I only play online, may it be co-op or PVP. I prefer PVP more, if it is played in a large and solid group with a decent mission and balanced teams with proper communication, also no respawn is important. This kind of PVP play offer a very nice challenge and also the smartest opponent, one that does everything it can to survive your attacks and outmanuver you.

99% of playing arma for me is only for testing my addons, other 1% is playing on reblmen server

Quote[/b] ]Online- more of a challenge

He might not be insistently referring to death matches of PVP of any sort, he may just be referring that some players in Evolution make themselves difficult in cooperating because they prefer to play the game like its single player on a multi player server. smile_o.gif

I voted Online as I, as with about 95% of the online community despite how much we may love PvP, (as I have done many times, a cooperative PVP (basically played with some form of organisation, not little rambos everywhere, and with no objective cept a 2KM area of operations smile_o.gif) we spend most of our time playing Coop in either training for that, having random fun with our mates or just plain waiting for a PvP.

Again, either define the options better or create more, simple.

EDIT:Here here to Icehollows post, however there is a flaw in your post, military maneuvers don't always work against the CS kid, because he is not afraid of dying, as he is used to bunny hopping around corners. If you put in no respawn or limit it however, these statements become a very real situation.

But it is more dependent on leadership then actual drills, making the right decision is all that matters, experience or not.

That aside, I play CSS, I'm commonly on top of the score lists in ArmA and know the map off by heart and have been accused of cheating many times, but I love doing military maneouvers and see to it that skill only polishes them off.

The ranges that firefights occur at and the use of ballistics in the weapons as opposed to hit-scan help to nullify a CSSers advantages (reaction time time, knowing the map, etc.) in Arma.

It's difficult to bunny-hop and avoid a bullet at 200 meters.

--Ben

PS: I voted null as COOP and Adversarial COOP are my favorites.

The ranges that firefights occur at and the use of ballistics in the weapons as opposed to hit-scan help to nullify a CSSers advantages (reaction time time, knowing the map, etc.) in Arma.

It's difficult to bunny-hop and avoid a bullet at 200 meters.

--Ben

PS: I voted null as COOP and Adversarial COOP are my favorites.

Even the nature of ArmAs gameplay, such as the ability of not being able to shoot and move or reload while moving eliminate this.

Its just the nature of the game. smile_o.gif

I can see that you guys have already made your own definitions about "CS kids" way besides the point. The type of player I was talking about is the one who is fast, accurate and unpredictable, comes on top of score lists and rarely even dies. That's what the "tactical" breed of players hate when they think they are doing things properly but still get killed, thus dismissing those players as unworthy of playing this tactical and serious military game.

My definition of CS Kids (i know some of them in person).

CS player:

"What, you need a vehicle to get to the target, or must be sneaky for more than one minute? "

That alone is too much for most of the CS players.

ArmA is another world for them, that most of them will not enter.

My definition of CS Kids (i know some of them in person).

CS player:

"What, you need a vehicle to get to the target, or must be sneaky for more than one minute? "

That alone is too much for most of the CS players.

ArmA is another world for them, that most of them will not enter.

Are you not following the thread? The whole "CS kid" thing was as far from literal as could be. Sadly it goes like this:

Guy1 is good and kills lots of people and he's hard to kill

Guy2 reads a military field manual and tries a tactic without success

Guy2 and his friends call Guy1 a CS kid and tells him to go play BF2 because he isn't playing slow enough

Have you actually played against some of these uber tactical players you speak of in a "realistic" scenario? (ie, no respawn, believable objectives)

And if you did, did they dismiss you as unworthy of playing ArmA after you beat them? confused_o.gif

Currently offline only.

I will soon be trying out online play but need to sniff out decent servers and mods for correct online play plus get Yomas Tool.

I see online play as this thing I need to set up for with more tools and fish for right servers so I have avoided it for now.

For now its purely offline Vs AI with mods, but, will play a small amount online .. in that respect I love COOP online against AI (Ghost Recon 1 fan). pistols.gif

That`s why i don`t call someone who`s fast, make many kills, is hard to kill an CS Kid.

As i posted, most of them don`t like ArmA, because they can`t go anywhere by foot (in time). Rhamadi is bigger than the biggest CS map, they can`t get used to must use vehicles.

If you play deathmatch in tiny areas of the map, you can`t expect another outcome than that an CS player can handle the situation very well. wink_o.gif

I think the key word here is everything in moderation, a balance of tactics and skill would be the perfect warrior aye? pistols.gif

Mind you, realistic scenario or not. No matter how you attack a really good player, chances are he'll pop you off one by one making your elite organisation and tactics obsolete to his 'head' popping power.

Most CS "addicted" ppl are nervous, panic, bored after few seconds without action. Usually they don't recon anything before attack pistols.gif

It depends on mission design too wink_o.gif

That`s why i don`t call someone who`s fast, make many kills, is hard to kill an CS Kid.

As i posted, most of them don`t like ArmA, because they can`t go anywhere by foot (in time). Rhamadi is bigger than the biggest CS map, they can`t get used to must use vehicles.

If you play deathmatch in tiny areas of the map, you can`t expect another outcome than that an CS player can handle the situation very well. wink_o.gif

Oh Yeah. I'm having either too small monitor+mouse+rig (what a excuse rofl.gif ) or i'm getting old and slow, but when i usually play some game in MP i'm below average. Was it ArmA in small CFT or Some Vietcong in CTF etc...

If it comes me facing another one man-to-man with same reaction time (or i having slight advantage). I lose, always, expacely with games that enables faster moving speed & aiming (like in Vietcong). In ArmA i don't suck that much, but still... Either other gamers are dirty little cheaters or i'm just bad... Old and slow... And cranky mad_o.gif

I vote PvP! Arma-tow.com every sunday! Great PvP games. Its caused me to never want to play against AI and SP again. yay.gif It put the fun back in arma.