Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

Patching problem

I've placed this in the 1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread but I do not think it should've been there.

So I create a new topic for this one, I've found others with about the same problem but the solutions did not work for me;

- Try other patches

- ReInstall game

- ReInstall windows

- Extract original files from disc

Here is my problem as described in the other thread;

I have a more general patch problem, it started going wrong with 1.09 giving errors about my arma.exe and armaserver.exe

I never had any problems with arma before since german release!

now after 6 arma re-installations and my first complete format and xp re-install I STILL keep getting patching errors like this:

patcherror1rq9.jpg

from patch 1.01 untill the latest 1.09b I have used severall downloaded patches as well as the complete patch included with Queens Gambit

There are no scratches on my disc as it has been in my DVD Drive since the beginning!

I have no idea what to do, if I say ignore to let the patch get installed I can play but with problems and well the german 1.00 version of ArmA was never really that fun to play

System:

Windows XP Home edition

Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.00GHz

ATi Radeon HD 2900 XT

ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard

2Gb DDR2 800MHz RAM GEiL 4-4-4-12

(more info needed?)

I've placed this in the 1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread but I do not think it should've been there.

So I create a new topic for this one, I've found others with about the same problem but the solutions did not work for me;

So you have the original German version of ArmA right? Installing QG updates any version of the game to 1.08 doesn't it? So I assume the QG installation process starts updating your game and kicks in those errors?

Have you tried disabling one core of your CPU and then patching?

So you have the original German version of ArmA right? Installing QG updates any version of the game to 1.08 doesn't it? So I assume the QG installation process starts updating your game and kicks in those errors?

Have you tried disabling one core of your CPU and then patching?

Yes I have the original German boxed version

I have tried patching my game with;

the 1.00 > 1.02 patch

the 1.00 > 1.05 patch

and with the QG patch which should patch any version all the way up to 1.08

All of these worked for me before so it is not a mather of broken download

The errors come with all the patches not only when installing QG

I will try it with 1 CPU as soon as I get my system stable again (windows security update crashed it)

I have this trouble too. I have the 505 games version of ARMA and QG.

My system is

Athlon 3000 XP

1.5 Gb Ram

Windows XP Service Pack II

NVidia 6800 LE

I get these error messages

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I'm having the same problem, but I did find half of the answer. Ok, you need to download xdelta3, which you get here. Now...i have no idea where to put the darn thing, it's not an .exe program. Any help?

PS. If you look at the bottom of the patch read me, it mentions this program.

I've also got this issue.

CPU Intel E6600

Graphics card (EVGA, 8800GTX, 169.21, 768mb)

Sound card (Creative, XI-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro)

RAM (2 gb)

ArmA version (English, 1.04.5)

DirectX version (9.0c)

I originally started with the German version but uninstalled it and installed the UK 505 games when that was released.  I've had no problems before installing patches.

After some crashes in multi player games I decided to re-install.

I uninstalled QG and Arma.  Manually deleted my profile directory, install directory, registry entries  and the arma folder in Local Settings Application data.  Rebooted.

Started the install for Arma and was told it was already installed and did I want to re-install.  I was a bit surprised that anything was left to inform it Arma was previously installed.

Game installed and launched ok.  Downloaded and tried the 104 >105 patch but got an the 'error found in ... .pbo'

Checked out the forums and found this thread so I tried to install QG.  The expansion installed but when it tried to apply the patch it failed again with and invalid pbo error.

I still have no idea what causes this, and I actually have no idea how to have it install with only 1 processor enabled.

And it looks like everyone who has this problem has core2duo processors so I guess that should be the problem.

I know how to set a particular process to use a single core but only once the process has started (in task manager go to the processes tab, find the process you're interested in, right click and choose 'set afffinity' from the options. Then untick one of the CPUs).

But it's odd as I had the same processor the first time around when I did my patching and didn't set the affinity then

I cant reinstall neither but thats on my dedicated server with a P4 3.2.

Since its a dedi I just copied the entire game to it but thats no solution to the problem cause of that issue and reading I am not the only one I dont dare to format my game system atm cause I fear I cant reinstall arma there neither (Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 1066 MHz)

I've managed to re-install and patch. Here's what I did

Uninstalled Queens Gambit

Uninstalled Arma

Deleted the entire ArmA install directory

Created a folder to backup any missions etc and my profile.

Removed any ArmA related folders from MY Documents

I found an odd folder in MY Documents which was called the same as my ArmA profile name. If I tried to delete it windows complained that it did not exist. So I had to go to a DOS prompt, navigate to the MY Documents directory and use the remove directory command

rd <folder name>

I then went into the registry and into HKEY_Local_Machine\Software and removed the Bohemia related keys.

I then search the registry for anything with the word 'Bohemia' this threw up a few entries for start menu items etc which I deleted. The only things with 'Bohemia' in that I didn't remove was my WinRar history. BUT YOU DELETE ANYTHING FROM YOUR REGISTRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I then emptied my recycle bin and rebooted.

After the reboot I installed my 505 English version of Arma. Without launching the game I sucessfully applied the 104-105 European patch.

Again without launching Arma I installed Queens Gambit, which also applied 1.08

Still without launching I applied 1.09 beta patch again sucessfully.

I have now been able to launch 1.08 and 1.09 sucessfully.

I hope this helps some of the rest of the people with this problem

I'm having the same problem, but I did find half of the answer. Ok, you need to download xdelta3, which you get here. Now...i have no idea where to put the darn thing, it's not an .exe program. Any help?

PS. If you look at the bottom of the patch read me, it mentions this program.

I have the same problem as trad, and i don't have duo or dual core processor. I heard from some people that its a corrupt patch. I've tried various patches from different servers from all over the world, same problem. The stupid xdelta3 errors! Why is Bohemia treating this like the 800lb gorilla in the room and ignoring it? It's obviously a problem with the software and the patches, cause I have zero problems with any other game I play. I've also read that it's not just a small handful of people having this problem, but a sizable percentage of the community have this same xdelta3 problem. This is becoming a piss take!

confused_o.gif

Sorry for the digging of older thread, but ive just found out Ive got this problem aswell. Havent upgraded for months, and decided to find a proper thread for this.

Finally Ive decided to upgrade with the beta patches.

And I was still at 1.08 because this was running stable.

But due to the VCB server being upgraded to 1.12

I had to go along and upgrade.

So I downloaded first 1.08>1.09 patch

and the other 1.11 and 1.12 patches...

And started to patch 1.08 to 1.09...

Then I get the error that my arma is still at 1.07 instead of 1.08.

Ok, so I try uninstalling QC and installing it again, it gives an error that version 1.08 is allready installed, so there I get confirmation 1.08 is the current version.

But I cannot upgrade to 1.09 and then go onto 1.11 and 1.12 because Im kinda stuck with 109 patch saying im still at 107 and

I basicly need to upgrade to 108 meaning buying QC but Ive allready done that months ago...

So im stuck right now.

Any ideas?

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

1.07 was the previous beta state, so you should rename/remove the current beta folder, then just go and install 1.12 as you don't need 1.09 nor 1.11