Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Fromz's sound mod | ffamm1.4

Armaholic.com has disabled the download just to make sure we respect everybody's wishes. We always try to make sure everything we host is in the good level of community cooperation.

After I read Goeth's post I decided to disable it, not cause I think Fromz did some bad work/things but cause I rather read more info about this issue and than make up my mind!

Like now, there are 2 pages of info about this matter and some responses by Fromz.

This looks good enough for me but now I would like to read what Goeth has to say about that. Than we go from there smile_o.gif

Still downloadable at:

http://armed-assault.de/news/ffamm-14.html

and i think it´s a little petty to disable the download based an the "accusations" of Goeth. Makes me wounder

Goeth, do you have a recipt for your purchase of the 'Hollywood Edge' sound DVD and 'BBC Effect Library' you got your sounds from? wink_o.gif The BBC effect Library retails for 11,999$

I only have recipts from sounddogs.com biggrin_o.gif

Anyways i like to apologize to fromz if i sounded too hars. I bet we can sort this out in good manner.

Armaholic.com has disabled the download just to make sure we respect everybody's wishes. We always try to make sure everything we host is in the good level of community cooperation.

After I read Goeth's post I decided to disable it, not cause I think Fromz did some bad work/things but cause I rather read more info about this issue and than make up my mind!

Like now, there are 2 pages of info about this matter and some responses by Fromz.

This looks good enough for me but now I would like to read  what Goeth has to say about that. Than we go from there smile_o.gif

and i think it´s a little petty to disable the download based an the "accusations" of Goeth. Makes me wounder

A little pretty hé? LMFAO

Read my post again please.  banghead.gif

I disable it as I see fit.

But I am done here.........download will be enabled again when Fromz and Goeth sort this out.

Faking amazing work Fromz! The first few minutes playing with your mod I was crapping my pants, fully immersed in the game.

No more CSM for me.

Great stuff!

BTW anyway u could add the tracers in the new version allso??? no need to modife them, just throw the tracers in from 1.3

i see no point to this

download updated 6thSense pack tracers

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=64542

(FFAM 1.3 uses atm older 'obsolete' 6thSense pack tracers)

---

Goeth, do you have a recipt for your purchase of the 'Hollywood Edge' sound DVD and 'BBC Effect Library' you got your sounds from? wink_o.gif The BBC effect Library retails for 11,999$

I only have recipts from sounddogs.com biggrin_o.gif

Anyways i like to apologize to fromz if i sounded too hars. I bet we can sort this out in good manner.

great to hear

now everyone calm down and wait for even more great work from both 'sides'

Quote[/b] ]Balschoiw, thanks for encouraging people to "bash" others. Really contructive and, well, courageous of you. Btw, congrats on the pseudo-mod promotion!

Are you not able to read what I wrote ?

Maybe I should add an IQ minimum setting to my posts to avoid that people with a deficit feel uncomfortable.

To make it more easy to understand here´s the essence of my post:

Quote[/b] ]I guess you should leave it up to him and Fromz to sort this out as you simply do not have a clue of what has gone wrong.

Goeth is known to be a honest person and if he says that Fromz used things from FDF mod he was not allowed to use, I believe him. Quit your bashing and let those 2 handle the issue.

Quote[/b] ]Btw, congrats on the pseudo-mod promotion!

Doh...

Next ?

i really like this sound mod. thank you fromz for your hard work. my main gripe is the fly sound. quite annoying. though not as annoying as the FDF ones. but its just a few secs change on the config. no biggie.

great work nonetheless

my main gripe is the fly sound. quite annoying. though not as annoying as the FDF ones. but its just a few secs change on the config.

The same here. The fly-sound is overdone. (By the way flies  come and "visit" a dead body not when the body just died. They only come if a body is dead since 5 hours or so).

The ocean-ambient-sound (i mean the seagul-callings) is looping all every 4 seconds. That's bad.

my main gripe is the fly sound. quite annoying. though not as annoying as the FDF ones. but its just a few secs change on the config.

The same here. The fly-sound is overdone. (By the way flies come and "visit" a dead body not when the body just died. They only come if a body is dead since 5 hours or so).

The ocean-ambient-sound (i mean the seagul-callings) is looping all every 4 seconds. That's bad.

errr, why do i never hear things like that crazy_o.gif

I installed as modfolder, tried both with and without the hotfix 1.09 with my ArmA 1.09b and all I get is this:

"Cannot create system memory surface 4444, 1024 x 768 (size 2097152 B)

Error code 8876086c"

What am I doing wrong? (exept having bought an ATI card, yes I know, I know... tounge2.gif  )

I have played Evo SP with this sound mod for many hours.

It was pure fun, and i heard none 4sec sound loops. huh.gif

Ive played using FDF, CSM and now FFAMM and i am most impressed with....

FFAMM!!!

I find the sounds much better than FDF or CSM thought the other two mods are goof and i suggest everyone trys all three befor making your own opinins.

Good work Fromz, keep it up!

one of the mods for OFP, can't remember the name, had the fly sound that would show up like 5 minutes after someone died.

The sounds are very good. I'm impressed. The tank guns are to quiet, and that is strange 4 me.

(AK + Tank shooting, and the AK is more noisy.)

There are 2 main trends in the sound mods- or at least I think so:

the trend of sounds heard in the perspective of the shooter (4me, FDF) where your rifle is the loudest rifle at the battlefield, and you hear very sharp sounds (- but from all directions)

And the battlefield trend where you have a fantastic echoes and longer sound duration, but if you shoot the shot sounds are (4me again) about 30 meters away (because not heard instantly and not very sharp, like hearing the shooting range)

this mod is from the second category. Unlikely there is no way to combine these 2 directions. To do this it would be needed 2 separate sounds for all rifles: one for the rifle hold in your hand and one for the rifle that is away. That would be great… but 4 now impossible.

I play smaller fights than big battles and prefer the FDF shoots because they are more shocking and heard personal.

played Evo SP with this sound mod for many hours.

It was pure fun, and i heard none 4sec sound loops. ???

If you playing with ArmA v1.09beta, Mods only: FROMZ then go to the beach, for example gps-data "gg59" (corazol-beach), and listen the seagull-sound: loop.

"Cannot create system memory surface 4444, 1024 x 768 (size 2097152 B)

Error code 8876086c"

Thunderbirds "fixed" version works but I think the sounds are not as intended in ArmA1.09b, missing sounds and so on. Changing to "1.09 version Hotfix" of the addon results in the above error message.

Thumbs up! This is the new sound mod for me!

The A10 gun sounds weak compared to the Harrier

The sounds are very good. I'm impressed. The tank guns are to quiet, and that is strange 4 me.

(AK + Tank shooting, and the AK is more noisy.)

There are 2 main trends in the sound mods- or at least I think so:

the trend of sounds heard in the perspective of the shooter (4me, FDF) where your rifle is the loudest rifle at the battlefield, and you hear very sharp sounds (- but from all directions)

And the battlefield trend where you have a fantastic echoes and longer sound duration, but if you shoot the shot sounds are (4me again) about 30 meters away (because not heard instantly and not very sharp, like hearing the shooting range)

this mod is from the second category. Unlikely there is no way to combine these 2 directions. To do this it would be needed 2 separate sounds for all rifles: one for the rifle hold in your hand and one for the rifle that is away. That would be great… but 4 now impossible.

I play smaller fights than big battles and prefer the FDF shoots because they are more shocking and heard personal.

it is possible my freind just you have a different sound load at differing distances (like lod's for models) the thing is having a scripter that can do it and at this stage fromz is the only person attempting it so in time i believe he will perfect it but as anyone can say its down to the personal choice of the maker and if they believe their sounds are realistic on the day then for them they are as real as they want them its up to the community to say hey i dont like this aspect or that aspect or could you increase this volume or quieten that volume ...could this have more treble or bass

with community help a lot of the sound mods are improving but as with all of them they are the interpretation of one persons veiw of the battlefield and unless you have truely been on a battlefield well how can they be judged as really on the money or not

in my opinion they all have good and bad points some less than others but lets keep encouraging the sound designers and keep these mods improving

After all it's just a matter of taste..But i after trying most of the sound mods out there, i'll stick with ffamm one as i find the sounds to be closest to the real ones.

Well done Fromz!

Very good job Fromz. I was in love with the FFAMM 1.3 but 1.4 is more immersive wink_o.gif

I was looking for sounds like in this video (

), now it's done.

Thank you !

Foxhound, I fully support your point of view, and I appreciate armaholic for a long time.

But The red "Download disabled for violating the FDF sound mod license."

really humiliate me, And for now it's still stayed in the download page.

I will keep my work. Everone paid out hard work, I cann't say that the future if there is another similar supersonic cracks sounds to mine, it's must be "violate the Fromz's sound mod sounds and scripts".

Stop the argument and make friends. We all love this game. Goeth, We are friends right? I'd like to apologize to you, and I will changed all the sounds similar to yours.

Quote[/b] ]No more CSM for me.

Both of our have good work! No more comparison please. And thanks for overpraise smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The same here. The fly-sound is overdone. (By the way flies come and "visit" a dead body not when the body just died. They only come if a body is dead since 5 hours or so).

Emmm, I will consider improve them. Thanks

Quote[/b] ]"Cannot create system memory surface 4444, 1024 x 768 (size 2097152 B)

Error code 8876086c"

I didn't error in the test, I will fix that and update.

Quote[/b] ]The sounds are very good. I'm impressed. The tank guns are to quiet, and that is strange 4 me.

Yes, Same opinin, will refine.

Quote[/b] ]The A10 gun sounds weak compared to the Harrier

Because you don't use the 1.09hotfix right? I will check, Thanks

Quote[/b] ]small preview vid on youtube
smile_o.gif

The FFAMM1.4 Perfect verison coming very soon...

Really great sound mod! Only complaint is that the M240 and M249 have too much hiss in them and have almost no pop.

Keep up the good work.

Quote[/b] ]The A10 gun sounds weak compared to the Harrier

Because you don't use the 1.09hotfix right? I will check, Thanks

Ahh i dont run 1.09 is that the case perphaps? Ill try when getting home!