Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

A question about heightmaps...

Hi ok i have my heightmap and it all works. BUT kindof having a small prob. Now when i import it to vistor its not at the height i want it to be. So then i change the .pbl max height to anywhere from 3000 to 10000 i know this is extreme but its the only way i can get my terrain looking as it was before vistor.

Ive tried making the heightmap lighter in ps but still no joy. So im wondering if its possible to edit the height of the heightmap in wilbur at all or anyother program that does the job? And yes i have changed the height whilst making the heightmap in L3DT several times with still no luck.

Also if i have the map set to max height say 5000 then i start to see limitations of flying a MH6 as it doesnt fly very high only halfway of my actual maps height.

Thanks in advance

Hedcrusha

Make sure your heightmap image contains the full contrast range, from pure black and pure white. This will ensure your PBL config values will relate to the highest/lowest points on your heightmap.

ArmA might not be able to render extremely high/low terrain. I know OFP would crash when loading a terrain with a height over 4000m or so.

Its got full contrast but ill play further.

About the min height ive tried 5,10 and 120 as posted on some some other .pbl files on the forums. 120 mind you seems to produce a slightly better terrain though.