Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thsense.eu presents: "pack2"

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Proud to Present to you: 6thSense.eu Pack2</span>

Pack2 exists out of 4 Modules

You do not have to use every included Module, remove any you don't like

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Contents</span></span>

[*] 6thSense.eu AIAccuracy - Based on TrueRangeAI - Gives the AI better ability to spot and identify enemies. Unlike TrueRangeAI, it is a lot less aggressive

[*] 6thSense.eu AIRange - Based on TrueRangeAI - Gives the AI the possibility to engage from further ranges. Basicly, they are a little better able to spot due to AIAccuracy addon. But they are able to fire back from further or engage earlier due to AIRange

[*] 6thSense.eu Reloadtime - Updated reloadtimes of rifles with values that are closer to reallife

[*] 6thSense.eu Weaponsway - Updated weapon sway values. Rifles move more realisticly in hand while standing, sitting, laying down etc. etc.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Info</span></span>

<span style='color:BLUE'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Please check the Pack2 Wiki for more info about the Pack,

DOCS, Background, Contents etc. etc.</span></span>

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Download</span></span>

[*]<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Download Pack2 <span style='color:blue'>v0.1</span></span>

Feedback & Comments as always welcome.

Basicly, these modules were laying around on my hdd, and are already part of 6thSense.eu Mod. Some guys were asking for standalones so hereby I provide smile_o.gif

Cannot download:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No input file specified.

firefox

Cannot download:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No input file specified.

firefox

sry, our web had some dip, plz try again biggrin_o.gif

Cheers buddy smile_o.gif

Interested to see how it works out. xmas_o.gif

Nice one mate, I like the sound of the range engagement changes particularly.

*edit* to clarify: I used TrueRangeAI until recently, I thought it was among the best of the AI enhancers. But with DAC it became overpowering, so I had to lose it. I'm looking forward to seeing how this fares.

Im curious as to what the WeaponSway part does, Does this mean we'll be able to somewhat accurately step and fire now?

Thank you sickboy, and others involved in 6th sense addons, for this mod (+Pack1 update !wink_o.gif.

You make ArmA a lot more complete smile_o.gif Keep up !

Malick

Hi!

AIAccuracy and AIRange must be on the server to use it in MP?

If not - how this will work for players that doesn't have

those addons?

Hi!

those addons?

When we play both client and server has it.

It is necessery for server to have the addon because it is server that controlls enemy behaviour in COOP.

As for client - I am not sure if it is necessery, probably yes.

@ Jan. 07 2008,21:06)]
Hi!

those addons?

When we play both client and server has it.

It is necessery for server to have the addon because it is server that controlls enemy behaviour in COOP.

As for client - I am not sure if it is necessery, probably yes.

I think it's the case that AI under your (the client's) control is local, and is subject to local settings & code.

Thanks for the Praise, Frontpaging and mirroring mates!

@Dmarkwick; Im looking forward to your results mate.

AIAccuracy is just a very very simple adjustment and not agressive at all. The AIRange just gives the AI the ability to engage you IF they somehow spotted you from a far distance, or you put them under fire. This is imho important because at some times you are engaging enemies from 300-600m away, but all they do is run into your fire without engaging back. This was my main reason for the way it's setup atm.

@Icehollow: WeaponSway is afaik the steadyness of holding the gun in prone, crouch and standing position, if I named it wrong then my bad smile_o.gif

@Dmarkwick; Im looking forward to your results mate.

AIAccuracy is just a very very simple adjustment and not agressive at all. The AIRange just gives the AI the ability to engage you IF they somehow spotted you from a far distance, or you put them under fire. This is imho important because at some times you are engaging enemies from 300-600m away, but all they do is run into your fire without engaging back. This was my main reason for the way it's setup atm.

Yeah I found the same problem with TrueRangeAI - on it's own. But in combo it became quite effective.

The combo that seemed to give the most pleasing & realistic effect was to use TrueRangeAI + 2ndSuppression + UPS. Now the second two of that combo work fine on their own, great addons, but as you say the TrueRanegAI made distant units run a straight path into enemy fire. But 2ndSuppression makes them hide from incoming fire, and UPS makes them calculate a flanking maneuver. The effect of this is that you fire on a distant group, who seem to disappear into bushes of nearby streets or whatever. Then you got the occasional glimpse of approaching units to either side, who still hide when you fire on them.

Also, 2ndSuppression introduces weapon shake & ill discipline to units under fire, and TrueRangeAI slowed down rates of fire over distance (so as not to deplete units unnecessarily) making long range firefights quite realistic & protracted.

I haven't found the right (or similar) blend with DAC2 yet, it's quite a difficult & subjective thing to test, but the testing itself is quite enjoyable smile_o.gif

Cheers.

Hmm my experience is a wee bit the opposite.

What I meant was that without TrueRangeAI or without SIX_AIRange, the enemies just come running into your fireline until they are within engagement range: Usually between 100-250m.

Now, with TrueRangeAI or SIX_AIRange, they do return fire from major distance.

But unlike TrueRangeAI, SIX_AIAccuracy does not give the AI godlike spotting abilities. As I was feeling like a mere pesant when in forest area, while the ai felt godlike and spotted me from 1km away through a forest biggrin_o.gif

I still think SIX_AIAccuracy could be made more aggressive, just not 'as' agressive as TrueRangeAI.

With DAC, I would not mix it with 2ndSuppression. Because 2ndSuppression influences the AI artificially, and this can give weird results with DAC which is waiting for conditions etc. etc.

This is just a feeling, an idea, I havent actually looked into 2nd Suppression, or combined with DAC.

However, I would think that copying the AI_1 scripts to AI_2 or whatever, and then building in the suppression abilities and stuff would give the best results. Again, not tested, just feeling smile_o.gif

Hmm my experience is a wee bit the opposite.

What I meant was that without TrueRangeAI or without SIX_AIRange, the enemies just come running into your fireline until they are within engagement range: Usually between 100-250m.

Now, with TrueRangeAI or SIX_AIRange, they do return fire from major distance.

But unlike TrueRangeAI, SIX_AIAccuracy does not give the AI godlike spotting abilities. As I was feeling like a mere pesant when in forest area, while the ai felt godlike and spotted me from 1km away through a forest biggrin_o.gif

I still think SIX_AIAccuracy could be made more aggressive, just not 'as' agressive as TrueRangeAI.

Yeah the super spotting abilities of TrueRangeAI became overpowering with DAC so I had to remove it, which is why I'm interested in this new one smile_o.gif I'm particularly interested in accuracy & rate of fire over distance.

With DAC, I would not mix it with 2ndSuppression. Because 2ndSuppression influences the AI artificially, and this can give weird results with DAC which is waiting for conditions etc. etc.

This is just a feeling, an idea, I havent actually looked into 2nd Suppression, or combined with DAC.

However, I would think that copying the AI_1 scripts to AI_2 or whatever, and then building in the suppression abilities and stuff would give the best results. Again, not tested, just feeling smile_o.gif

2ndSuppression causes script errors when used with DAC, so sadly I had to lose that as well. Which was a shame, because I really liked that one.

Oh BTW I forgot to add in two lesser combo enhancers, VFAI and DMSmokeGrenadeVB, both together give a very nice battlefield activity, viewblock smokeshells used by AI really do add something to the battle, and work particularly nicely with all the other combos I mentioned. However, since DAC is released as I said I'm busy looking for a new magic combo smile_o.gif I got a DMSmokeGrenadeVB that works with DAC smokeshell logic, so I should be releasing that at some stage (as soon as I hear from Silola).

hi iv just dl this mod and put it in the ArmA folder and add -mod=@SIX_Pack2 to my shortcut as with my other mods but in the read me its says, Place the wanted Keys and SignFiles in place. I signed every addon twice: Once with individual keys for server

operators that only wish to allow some components and once with the SIX_Pack2_01 key to allow all at once. I dont get this part? Does this mod work if i just put it in the ArmA folder and put -mod=@SIX_Pack2 in the target line of the short cut?

Replaced TruerangeAI with SIX_AIRange and Accuracy on our server.

Seems to work fine but yesterday we played coop mission where everyone had sniper rifles and we were attackin from 500+ meters. We started firing and AI didnt shot us a single time from 500m so we we(3 guys) were able to snipe about 20 men before we finally had to retreat because they were flankin us.

They seemed to know where we were but they really didnt shot us.

Same mission played with truerange, AI also tried to flank us but they also returned fire.

Otherwise this is more "human" than truerange because almost all missions are designed for basic AI and so impossible to complete with truerange.

BTW. Does AI skill affect spotting much?

BTW. Does AI skill affect spotting much?

This might be the case. I don't know what are the default settings atm. but in the past there were around 0.4-0.7 range.

But you'll have to wait for Sickboy since he knows the exact answer.

With this addon pack enabled I lose all my map unit icons, is this by design? I thought I was going mad for a while smile_o.gif in DAC with all map info enabled ('cos I'm a nosey SOB wink_o.gif) I just saw loads of thin lines crawling over the map, no icons. I ran a simple editor test and no unit icons.

Disable addon pack 2 and they come back.

I haven't done any tests of AI engagement ranges as I'm busy doing some work for someone's addon here, but I do like the sway & reload changes.

*edit*

Never mind, might not be this addon. More testing needed smile_o.gif

hello i'm getting lot of error in bones index with "valueamovppnemstpsraswrfldnon.rtm"

is it possilbe that FDFsounds_c and SIX_Repl_Sway are in collision somehow ?

or are these errors are normal?

thanks in advance

hello i'm getting lot of error in bones index with "valueamovppnemstpsraswrfldnon.rtm"

is it possilbe that  FDFsounds_c and SIX_Repl_Sway are in collision somehow ?

or are these errors are normal?

thanks in advance

Is there any day you actually do not experience problems Dwarden? (no offense intended mate tounge2.gif)

Have you tried moving SIX_Repl_Sway away, and did the errors go away then?

Hi man smile_o.gif

Can i mix the "1st Pack" with the "2nd Pack", Will be there problems or something?.

And gr8 job.