Sign in to follow this  
bella1

Larger playground

I have a sugestion. If bis could make a inland ore a pinensula scenary that in the editor was divided in difrent pieces but ingame you could goe from one erea to another without having to abort the game. Maybee if you cross a line the athor world\island would be loaded. is this possible? biggrin_o.gif

It might be possible but would ask a lot from both software as ones hardware, then offcourse MP games would add a whole other question, if one would fly out of the border of an island to get into an other island while the rest of the server is playing on the current island what should happen? having both islands loaded on the server?

I would say the environments are large enough as it is. In ArmA you can have a 52km x 52km terrain no problem (and bigger if I remember correctly) ....... that is a HUGE area to get lost in.

So long as ArmA or ArmA2 improves memory handling so islands this large can be common in SP and MP as computer CPU & memory power increases over the years.

This battleground in ArmA is quite ok. Maybe someone is developing few nice islands (on one map) only connected by bridges and small land area.

It's not that "easy" like working with Bryce Tools. wink_o.gif

there is a test island (forgot by who) that is 205x205 KM just over 42,000 square KM

To be honest i would rather have populated towns and life in the already large world (integrated DAC alike system).

I think Arma must already have a limited system like this wich spawns the insects and birds..

Food for thought wink_o.gif .

Maybee some of you misunderstood. Take this for an example. nogova and evron are two island we all now off. you take a plane and take off from everonheading south and you fly to the end of the map. when you reach the end of everon nogova are loaded whitout having to abort the game.

That would only be feasible in a single-player only game or something with an MMO type structure for multiplayer (the server would have to have all islands loaded in order for it work seamlessly).

Since the island is streamed, it could work but the islands would need to be quite close, probably so flying a few thousand miles to get from one island to another won't happen.

There was in OFP in the campaign first fligth mission with A10 and you took off from Malden to fly in Kolgujev but it was separated to two different missions. It could be great addition in one kind but I dont see too much value it yet there is such of billionz more important thing to do. Its time to start from small scale not bigger anymore.