Sign in to follow this  
-10thMT-Tack-Up

Backpack idea

I have thought about this long and hard. And i have thought that long patrols or long battles would be much better if we had a pack to store extra magazines, grenades, smoke, m136 rockets and so forth. So i will begin working on this addon as long as i have a good deal of help. Because from what i imagine this will be slightly difficult. Heres what i can do: Texturing and script/config work.

Always a good idea. Did you see the UK Bergans in OFP?

I've never tried the UK Bergans but the packs in WGL had a model attached to your unit (setpos'd I believe) that could be dropped and accessed like an ammo crate. I was tying to find an image for you as I don't have OFP installed at the moment but no joy.

Im downloading the mod now, im going to try and get in contact with the makers, and see if i can have permission to try and import it into ArmA.

I'm assuming he's either seen or will see this thread but probably (correct me if I'm wrong whistle.gif ) the best person to speak to about conversion permissions is Q (former WGL now PROPER Mod). A PM in his direction should get you a response either way yes or no.

well .. i just wonder ... aren't there standard arma units with backpacks attached? ... i remember engineers and others ...

A few buddies of mine have been currently looking into creating a backpack mod for the very reasons you stated. But it looks like their slackin'. Hopefully someone will come out with one.

But if an interim solution could be had in the next few days I'd take that over the next month or 2 (minimum I would assume*). Keep us updated Tack-Up, if you do get approval and do go ahead with an attempt at converting it.

edit: I didn't think the model classes of soldier (backpack or not) had any effect on carry capacity but had never actually checked. So after checking... there is no difference (as I assumed). So an addon backpack like the aforementioned WGL one would be of much use I believe.

*<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>this statement is not intended to flame nor whinge about delayed content and is based on no evidence, my assumption only.</span>

I believe the RAAB guys may have included ports of the OFP ones in their RAABOpen addon.

Not in the public version though.

GSHscreen4.jpg

And you can only take things out (pre-set) through the action menu and you can't put anything in.

Bill mate, long time no chat, hows things?

Aye we ported a version over to ArmA from OFP. Slightly different from our OFP ones cause of ArmA script nature, however ours still carry extra magazines, AT Rocket, some strobes and flares, a first aid kit and a parachute (cause we cant be bothered to model it tounge2.gif )

I had a prototype going for OFP, but it fell on the "ammo-bug".. I haven't done any testing regarding that bug in arma so maybe now is the time to dig this up?

Feel free to do whatever you want to.

The model is very simple, I made it to demonstrate my idea..