Sign in to follow this  
maxqubit

Battlefield:bad company

Just saw some vids from the coming Battlefield:Bad Company (console only;) ... Now i'm not going to get into BF good/bad ... i never quite played BF (understand that some mods on pc are 'realistic') but anyway, what i would like to share is the destruction thingy ... that looks great ...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/842/842156p1.html

One of the devs says in the vids that once you are accustomed to 'destructable environments' you don't want to go back ... and i tend to believe them (i don't think OFP2 and/or ArmA2 will bring this stuff to their games, but i could be wrong)

From a technical point i'm really looking forward to BF:BC on 360 (as we don't have Crysis (yet;)) ... and hey, i might be a decent game altogether. For sure this 'destructibility' automatically adds 'realism' points to the game ... if a bit 'non-arcade' gameplay is added to the mix ... i could be a happy gamer

Guest Ti0n3r

It looks quite impressive from the trailers I've seen. Nice to see that some devs don't give up as easy as yes indeed.

Yay.. Just drove past the building with their offices and a little DICE-logo (along with an EA-logo, but meh) on the outside, hehe.

Cool vids, gonna put this game on my purchase-list smile_o.gif

One of the devs says in the vids that once you are accustomed to 'destructable environments' you don't want to go back ... and i tend to believe them (i don't think OFP2 and/or ArmA2 will bring this stuff to their games, but i could be wrong)

Meh... Crysis was all about destruction and i never left, tbh im 100% positive that i will never install/play Crysis again.

Whats the point in blowing up a shack into 1 thousand pieces when you cant blow up a factory complex with a nuke? After the wow factor wears out you will be waiting for the next "big thing", again.. while Arma just keeps on going.

I think BIS ruined the industry, to me that is crazy_o.gif .

when you cant blow up a factory complex with a nuke?

Source?

Source?

Me, i finished Crysis SP and nope, you wont see Crysis level physics on a town the size of Paraiso any time soon (let alone Sahrani), but here's the catch:

Will you rather have a town the size of Paraiso (fully destructible but with poor physics) or tiny villages whose number of buildings is restricted by the physics engine? wink_o.gif .

My point is that great graphics and physics dont make for a great game.. as you know wink_o.gif .

Source?

Me, i finished Crysis SP and nope, you wont see Crysis level physics on a town the size of Paraiso any time soon (let alone Sahrani), but here's the catch:

Will you rather have a town the size of Paraiso (fully destructible but with poor physics) or tiny villages whose number of buildings is restricted by the physics engine? wink_o.gif .

My point is that great graphics and physics dont make for a great game.. as you know wink_o.gif .

I'm just curious to what BF:BC will bring me. I like some ingredients they seem to put into the game, so for the moment, i have an 'open mind' towards the game.

The video looks really great, thats the kind of explosions and debris I want in my wargames. And with Project reality mod to this game could be something if "others" fail to deliver. I normally dislike the battlefield games but that destructable environment looks great. But it needs more smoke coming up though doesnt it? I mean when you blow something up the debris and smoke stay alot longer?

**edit** dam it, is this game only for console!?*

The video looks really great

**edit** dam it, is this game only for console!?*

nener.gif  hahahahaha LOL

Now, i'm just joking, if pc gamers would like to pay/play BF:BC i hope they will get it on PC as well

(as i would like to have OFP2, ArmA2 and GroundBranch on 360wink_o.gif)

I agree... a book is a book. you can publish it hard cover or paperback cover. or print it in next-gen paper(whatever that is) but the content is, depends on the reader (and the writer)

just like games... though i agree that BF:BC look so pretty... too bad its console only

My point is that great graphics and physics dont make for a great game.. as you know ;) .

I agree... a book is a book. you can publish it hard cover or paperback cover. or print it in next-gen paper(whatever that is) but the content is, depends on the reader (and the writer)

just like games... though i agree that BF:BC look so pretty... too bad its console only

But i dislike the attitude 'Nice cover, must be a bad book' (aka 'Nice gfx, must be a bad game') on beforehand

(I will give a ot example. Just dl'd the 360 demo of Burnout:Paradise, not into racers myself but think it looks fab and plays fab ... mij son (4 yr) played it already for hours. What did he do ... just driving around ... nice gfx, nice physics can be entertaining even without a 'game' because it 'works', it relates to 'reality' in a natural manner. I was surprised but he seems to prefer visuals/physics of B:P over Wii stuff when racing, and at that age he doesn't have any 'opinion' he acts just natural:)

But i dislike the attitude 'Nice cover, must be a bad book' (aka 'Nice gfx, must be a bad game'wink_o.gif on beforehand

(I will give a ot example. Just dl'd the 360 demo of Burnout:Paradise, not into racers myself but think it looks fab and plays fab ... mij son (4 yr) played it already for hours. What did he do ... just driving around ... nice gfx, nice physics can be entertaining even without a 'game' because it 'works', it relates to 'reality' in a natural manner. I was surprised but he seems to prefer visuals/physics of B:P over Wii stuff when racing, and at that age he doesn't have any 'opinion' he acts just natural:)

good point there maxgubit... dont judge the book by its cover smile_o.gif

tracers point both ways