Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

Kind words all .. thanks smile_o.gif

@TheSun , I know Messiah and the other lads are still shell shocked ... but i believe the plan is to resurrect everything in the New Year... and hard as it may be to believe , but i think Messiah has ditched his landies and run off with the new Jackal  inlove.gif  tounge2.gif

this stuff above isnt in arma yet and still needs more work on the textures , interiors and LOD's

You can look forward to some more good news soon in an official news release

till then have a Happy Holiday from the PUKF Team xmas_o.gif

is there gonna be any FV-101's?

The Scorpion was retired in the mid-90s so it comes from an age long before the addons we're making.

It's unlikely to be made for ArmA unless Bennyboy really wants to (the Scimitar model he made started out life as a Scorpion in OFP).

No. Unimogs haven't been used by British forces apart from a couple of older generation ones (U1100 I believe) used by the SAS in the Gulf War etc, that we captured during the Falklands war.

I couldn't find much info about thse, but any news of any MAN type trucks? I read the British forced made a mayor order in 2005? of the 4x4 and 6x6 versions (don't think we already shipped the 8x8 versions) . I work on the Belgian docks since 2007 and i have seen and droven many onto the ships to the UK. I was just wondering, if those are already in active service and if UK forces MOD is planning to make some?

I'm refurring to these trucks:

uk receives first new man article

If you to the UFK webpage I'm pretty sure ukf posted a few wip pics of the MAN trucks. smile_o.gif

VXR and Monty are correct.

Yes there are already hundreds in service. A number of them deployed to Afghanistan with 3 Commando Brigade in October, and IIRC we have some in Iraq too.

In the end the UK should have 42 different variants based around:

5213 6 tonne CV(L) (MM)

376 9 tonne CV(M) (MM)

105 9 tonne CV(M) (IMM)

923 15 tonne CV(H) (MM)

230 9 tonne UST (MM)

81 9 tonne UST (IMM)

288 15 tonne RV (IMM)

CV = Cargo Vehicles (Light, Medium, Heavy)

UST = Unit Support Tankers

RV = Recovery Vehicles

MM = Medium Mobility (MAN HX series)

IMM = Improved Medium Mobility (MAN SX series)

Jtec's made a selection of different versions of them for UKF (AFAIK they're in VBS2 already so I'd have thought you'd have played with them?). Anyway, there were some pictures of them in our last official news update.

Oeps, my bad. They are indeed already in the VBS2 patch.

crazy_o.gif Strange i looked over them...maybe it is the fact i always see them without the modified backs (they come here without stuff on the back..so pure frame work) and without the extra cabine roof extention or uparmoured versions (all mods that apperently get done once they get in the UK).

So never mind.

@ Orson - All look good, can't wait for yours and UKF's quality addons! The Brits are coming Yay........

notworthy.gif

@TheSun - Lannies will, eventually, make an appearance. As Orson said, the Jackal represents the best work I've personally ever made in the last five or six years (nothing compared to what Orson seems to pump out in his sleep mind) and I'm keen to finish that project off. Once done, I'll see about the land rovers again.

I may end up releasing them vehicle by vehicle, given that so much has changed in the last 6 months since I initially 'finished' them for the VBS project. Snatch will probably be the first one I throw myself into, and then onto the EWMIK.

After the new year, I'll have to supplement Orson's amazing screenies with a few of the Jackal, just to show I'm not lying... much biggrin_o.gif

I haven't lived in the UK for a couple of years now, but last time I was there, I seem to recall there being a can variety, although the plastic lumi-glow bottle seems to be more popular

I haven't lived in the UK for a couple of years now, but last time I was there, I seem to recall there being a can variety, although the plastic lumi-glow bottle seems to be more popular

Imposter!

You can still get it in cans yes.

I swear they only sell it like that in chip shops though: Bought one yesterday when I went to get chips and curry sauce to eat with the vast amounts of cold, leftover turkey and beef my parents force me to take home from Xmas and Boxing Day (every bloody year). xmas_o.gif

I could swear we've spent more time discussing the virtues of carbonated pineapple and grapefruit beverages in this thread than anything else. Anyone'd think the community cared less about having decent British land systems in ArmA, than the taste of the Caribbean. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, UKF hope you all had a good Christmas.

I could swear we've spent more time discussing the virtues of carbonated pineapple and grapefruit beverages in this thread than anything else. Anyone'd think the community cared less about having decent British land systems in ArmA, than the taste of the Caribbean. biggrin_o.gif

That's probably because we haven't exactly given them anything else to talk about...

oh, look what I found here:

Piccie 1

Piccie 2

Just to show I'm not completely out of the ArmA frame of mind, just taking a minor rest whilst I entertain the real world for a bit. It will be finished eventually, and hopefully you can see why its taken some time, and why the land rovers took a back seat (and not quite as nice as Orson's stuff, but I'm a happy bunny never the less)

Its unlikely that we'll bother, other than a few generic items that could be used in such a role, but aren't specifically special forces.

That's awesome, i see why you want to finish these first thumbs-up.gif