Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

Not that I wish to begin this line of conversation, but no, thats entirely untrue.

Without the VBS work and associated help and deadlines, we'd have completed perhaps one fifth of what you see in that video, perhaps even less. In 6 months of that work, we created three times as much content as 5 years of OFP work.

Without going into specifics and getting into trouble, we made sure that we were allowed to release everything we made for VBS for the ArmA community. You've not lost out, other than being second in line, but if VBS hadn't have come along, we'd not be as far down the line as we are now. In essence, you're due a greater amount of content, at a higher quality in a shorter space of time, thanks to the VBS work and BIA.

I can't comment on who made the other content, as I don't know.

Abs - Thank you. Its always nice to hear that from another old timer  biggrin_o.gif

ck-claw - Hopefully not too far away. I'm unemployed after December, so it would appear that I have some free time under my belt.

Messiah, i perhaps have to say sorry for my above statement but i hope you could understand the feelings perhaps a single bit.

Please keep up your work, team smile_o.gif

Things are going slow, but mainly thats because we're still coming down from working insanely long hours making the VBS content. If BIA are correct, the UK content numbers 137 vehicles, of which I think around 100 are our work.

The problem with getting them up to scratch for ArmA is having to revisit every single texture and remove shadows and highlights, and create normal and specular maps (VBS2 uses neither, so we have to paint them on the textures). This takes time, and its also hard to bring yourself to revisit projects that were 'done'.

The difference between having no glitz, and adding the glitz is far too great for us to ignore (Before you get any ideas about us releasing them without). I had planned on finishing the Jackal for the end of November (UKF's Birthday) but alas other things took my attention away from anything computer related.

All in good time gents. Perhaps it may end up being ArmA 2, perhaps nothing will be released. It depends on the developers and what time they feel they want to spare now we've completed such a major commercial project.

At any rate, here's a video from BIA showing the UK vehicles:

Linky

r u all making also recon units and sas units or only normal soldiers? inlove.gif

guys just to let you know,

im still alive and started on the diemaco´s but due work i´m working fast as a snail on these atm :/

christmas is coming soon and ill have some time more time on my hands.

cheers!

Wow, that nearly brought a tear to the eye.  biggrin_o.gif  Astonishing video guys, hard to believe you managed to make every unit I ever wanted to see and so much more. Hell, I think I even spotted some bridge layers in there! I can only hope that some of these see the light of day in ArmA.

Congrats for what you've achieved and good luck finding the time and motivation to convert them.

some of the engineer vehicles are a little tricky to implement given our lack of a scripter etc. We'll probably release them to an extent with some sort of functionality, but the Titan and Trojan are a bit problematic.

Neph, good to hear. Sorry I've been rather silent for the last two months or so, but work and real life, as well as trying to run a business has been taking up my time. No rush like I previously said. We need to make adjustments to the SA80's to take into account the new additions.

On the good side, we've been offered some help (well I should say more help in this guys case, given how often he's popped up and fixed stuff for us) to get things configged a bit quicker whilst our own commitment is a bit poor. Hopefully this should speed things up no end.

Great stuff and I don't mind being second in line as long as they will be available to the community in the future. Hopefully, not the to far distant future! biggrin_o.gif As a "Yank" I have always been fastinated by UK kit as well as a few other countries. I still remember all of the stuff that was made during the OFP days, I loved it!

Things are going slow, but mainly thats because we're still coming down from working insanely long hours making the VBS content. If BIA are correct, the UK content numbers 137 vehicles, of which I think around 100 are our work.

The problem with getting them up to scratch for ArmA is having to revisit every single texture and remove shadows and highlights, and create normal and specular maps (VBS2 uses neither, so we have to paint them on the textures). This takes time, and its also hard to bring yourself to revisit projects that were 'done'.

The difference between having no glitz, and adding the glitz is far too great for us to ignore (Before you get any ideas about us releasing them without). I had planned on finishing the Jackal for the end of November (UKF's Birthday) but alas other things took my attention away from anything computer related.

All in good time gents. Perhaps it may end up being ArmA 2, perhaps nothing will be released. It depends on the developers and what time they feel they want to spare now we've completed such a major commercial project.

At any rate, here's a video from BIA showing the UK vehicles:

Linky

Thank you guys for your hard work.  I am a VBS2 owner and I enjoy the fruits of your labor.  BTW whats the name of the desert looking Palidan 155mm self propelled cannon.  I can't find it in the GB section of VBS2. smile_o.gif

As another VBS2 user I would also like to say thanks and keep up the amazing work...respect notworthy.gif

At Kooky thank you....That'd lol I corrected my spelling from guyd to guys... biggrin_o.gif Where do I find the AS90?

Please ask those sort of questions on the VBS support forums.

This thread is solely for discussion of UKF development for ArmA (Messiah only brought it up here because it has influenced ArmA development). IIRC, general VBS discussion is also prohibited by the forum rules here.

So RKSL have unveiled their dynamic cargo system! I know that your team has worked with RKSL before, just curious if your vehicles will have the system built in?

notworthy.gif

Listen to what Rock says in the DCS video. Your answer lies in your ability to listen.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I did listen to the vid,

just wanted to hear a yay or nay from PUKF.....

I hope the lads don’t mind me answering for them but since I am likely to be the one writing the configs for them... yes the UKF stuff will be Cargo System compliant.

Hey all , started work on converting some of the vehicles for arma ..apart from some re-modeling there is still plenty to do to get them to arma standard

some w.i.p's of the spec/difuse

war1rd7.th.jpgwar2tn8.th.jpgwar3yj3.th.jpg

war4vx4.th.jpgwar5uj5.th.jpgwar6mj5.th.jpg

Looking good guys!

Absouletely sensational! notworthy.gif

Good luck with the project!

Stew notworthy.gif

Some damn fine work on those vehicles, loving the normal maps. thumbs-up.gif

BTW: How's the work on landies going?

Hi, that Warrior IFV looks just awesome, i hope that the rest of the

ground units look as impresive and good as it does, seems that that

could mark the difference that the BLB UK SAS units & the OFP's