Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

biggrin_o.gif

YAY! YAY!

Well any progress on UK stuff is good for me.

Will they work, or be just for show?

Also is there a “strokegun†animation in ArmA or are you making your own animation?

Also is there a “strokegun†animation in ArmA or are you making your own animation?

of course they'll work. We're not about to (when I say we, I mean chris of course) model the bayonets just because it looks pretty. The bayonets will work as they did in OFP.

we'll make our own animation, as we did with ofp.

sweeeet smile_o.gif looking good, glad to see the bayonet will be back, will it be similar to the OFP version in that when you get a certain distance from an enemy with the bayonet equipped it will automatically kick in the anim?

I loved the UKF bayonet addon, what i always wondered though was it killed the enemy in one swift motion and straight away, would there be an addition to the new script that say, made it 50/50 whether or not the bayonet strike would kill the target?

I imagine that would be abit of a pain but you dont seem to have much else on at the moment!

of course they'll work. We're not about to (when I say we, I mean chris of course) model the bayonets just because it looks pretty. The bayonets will work as they did in OFP.

we'll make our own animation, as we did with ofp.

Splendid.

However, i could never get the OFP ones to work, and i assumed you had used the inbuilt strokegun anim.

This is good news. Another reason for the SLA to worry;

"The British are coming", and the have bayonets!

nope, they used a custom anim in OFP and a script to sense when an enemy was nearby... all you had to do (in principle, and this worked for me at least) was attach the bayonet and run screaming towards your enemy. The anim would kick in, and he'd drop dead.

Splendid.

However, i could never get the OFP ones to work, and i assumed you had used the inbuilt strokegun anim.

This is good news.  Another reason for the SLA to worry;

"The British are coming", and the have bayonets!

Well they weren't really actually very practical since it was

hard to get close enough to an enemy to stick it up them

(speaking about AI enemies, at any rate). I recall that to

test it out I had to resort to murdering some unfortunate

Nogovar civilians. wink_o.gif

Still a great feature though, and adds to the "British

character" of the addon. If I ask nicely maybe they might

even help me out with my SLR bayonets.  smile_o.gif

agreed, it was a little tricky at times if you had to make a 30m sprint to stab the bastard, but for CQB work, and not quite knowing what was around the next corner, it was nice. Had quite a few of the guys who i play MP with get some bayonet kills in missions.

once we get a working bayonet script, we can see about sharing with others. Can't see why not.

Yeah, it was, and I imagine it will be, hard to close with the enemy to use it. But as said, we notched up a few in MP OFP, and certainly within VCB, "Confirmed Bayonet Kills" became bragging rights and were oft tally'd in a persons signature. biggrin_o.gif Think I had 5 tounge2.gif

biggrin_o.gif the irony

having the capability to model and simulate the worlds most advanced killing machines and weapon systems...........and stabbing

saw a trailer for some HL2 mod that had blood splash across the screen for knife kills...is this sort of jiggery pokery possible in ARMA? in this case if done well would enhance this concept....

looking forward to uk troops in ARMA....

saw a trailer for some HL2 mod that had blood splash across the screen for knife kills...is this sort of jiggery pokery possible in ARMA? in this case if done well would enhance this concept....

You don't get blood splatter over your eyes when someone close by is stabbed. The blood splattering is just a silly gimmick that makes no sence.

If you hit the carotid artery you will, but seeing as you don't shove a bayonet into someones neck, rather you aim for the really big bit of the body with all the vital organs in, its a null point at any rate.

Even then... there is NO blood spatter over your eyes like that, if blood got into your eyes you would instinctively close them and wipe it out (would burn pretty bad)...

Now if you were wearing a helmet with a plastic visor/mask over your face thats different, but even then... come on guys, lets be realistic here.

like I said, its a null point... i.e. lets move on from inane discussions about blood splatter.

Are we going to see the blank firing weapons making an appearence in the new release?

Our we looking at a release in the very near future? Are you waiting for the patch to be released first or is it more of the case not for a while but its going to be a massive release. The only reason I ask is I'm sorely tempted to try and convert my own L85, its little bit more high poly then your current release, nothing personal I do know there ports from Flashy. But I'd rather not re-invent the wheel so to speak if theres a release near. Looking forward to the mod in either case smile_o.gif

BFA's will see a return, with some extra BFA models (GPMG etc)

Very near future would depend on what you gauge as very near future, but in all likelihood it'll be a no. We're waiting on a lot of different factors.

Umm i know it might be too early to tell, but can we expect any interesting features with the landies?

depends what you mean by interesting?

They'll do what their real life counterparts do, no more no less. There's the odd easter egg of course, but I wouldn't call them interesting.

Sorry that was a bit vague lol. I meant in terms of any towing trailer scripts or mud scripts and stuff like that really? By easter egg i hope you mean Lilt can yay.gif !