Sign in to follow this  
Mok Sith

Speed racer

i originally made these for my brother, but thought i would release them since the movie is coming out and that someone showed me how to make them jump like in the cartoons.....

thanks Pulverizer!

from my readme:

Quote[/b] ]

Speed Racer addon for Operation Flashpoint - Beta 1.0 by Mok_Star

*********************************************************************************

this pack includes:

[files]

Readme.txt

OFPSPEED.icon

sample.jpg

[addons]

MACH5.pbo <- the mach 5 race car

Speedracer.pbo <- speed racer unit

RacerX.pbo <- racer x unit

Shootingstar.pbo <- racer x's car

Snake.pbo <- snake oiler unit and his car

Duggery.pbo <- duggery unit and his car

F512S.pbo <- Ferrari 512S race car

Racers.pbo <- six generic racecar drivers (#'s 3,6,11,18,23,42)

hilldrive.pbo

hilldrive_texuren.pbo

[missions]

speedracer.eden.pbo

*********************************************************************************

description of contents

[unit : vehicle]

Speed Racer : Mach 5

Racer X : Shooting Star

Snake Oiler :  C.A.T. 12

Duggery :  Lola T70 MKIII Custom

[sample mission]

as Speed, help Racer X, ( unknown to Speed, Racer X is his older brother Rex Racer, that ran away from home many years ago....), an agent for Interpol, escape with the secret Russian plans. You will have to fight your way out of the occupied town, find the Mach Five, and drive to the Allied encampment. You will need to use the special gadgets of the Mach 5 to make it safely tot he base.

actual sounds for Speed Racer cars/mission sampled from the actual shows....

added HillDrive racing map for those that don't have a race map.

Installation:

copy contents of the addon folder to your OFP\Res\addons folder, copy contents of the mission folder to your OFP\missions folder.

all untis can be found under Civilian\Team Goh

All cars with drivers can be found under Civilian\Team Goh - Cars

empty cars found under Empty\Team Goh - Cars

Credits:

Jump Script by PULVERIZER!

whom ever made hilldrive race map, could not find a name....

Snake's Car model and texture by DoubleD

F512s model by Kriegspiel

all the folks you have asked questions at all the OFP forums so i didn't have too...

all the folks who have answered questions at all the OFP forums!!!!

All the modders for their work, which i studied to understand how all this works...

Tatsuo Yoshida and Trans Lux for creating Speed Racer to begin with...

and of Course BIS and CodeMasters for making the best damn game ever!!!

and lastly, my lil' brother ( MalHavic ) for the inspiration to make these, supplying me with his collection of Speed Racer Toys, and DVDS....

plans for update(s)?:

better textures all around ( except Snake Oiler's car ).

Captain Terror and the rest of the Car Acrobatic Team!

operational & animated saw blades for the Mach 5!

Infravision optics for driver of Mach 5.

Team Assassins cars and units.

Racing map with a hard/dangerous course with lots of jumps and cliffs to fall off.

various generic racers and cars...

tools used:

O2lite + Buldozer

Photoshop 8 cs

CarCAD 1.4

MS SoundRecorder & MS mediaplayer

Tex-Veiw 1.1

CHOFPSE by Chris Henderson

Make PBO by Amalfi

PBO Decryptor by Amalfi

Pbox by WrpTool Development Team - Dschulle & Snake Man

This is NOT an official Addon. Use at your own risk.

Speed Racer â„¢ and all related characters copyright of "Speed Racer Enterprise"

here are some screens....

sample.jpg

sample2.jpg

sample3.jpg

sample4.JPG

link to ZIP file ---> Speed Racer Addons

these are in the beta stage, and nowhere neear complete....if you have any problems just PM me....

enjoy all....

*Edit:

this is my first addon and first release, so if i am going about this all wrong please let me know....

also, this is the first time i am using the file sharing site, if there are any problems getting the file, let me know so i can find somewhere else to host it...thanks

well this came from far left field but thanks fer having the the sack to release the beta. I reac a lot in OFP, maybe should release the car pack of mine also. Sure folks geta kick out of them as I did these..

Hehe, this kind of stuff is exactly what keeps OFP alive for so many years. Keep it up!

Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, Gooooo.

Models and textures look good. Never would have thought of this for OFP. Guess there aren't really too many limitations on what can be done. xmas_o.gif

whatever happened to this? im looking all over the place for these addons...

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

If this thread ever needs to be unlocked in the future, don't hesitate to contact a moderator. :)

Thread locked.