Sign in to follow this  
walker

Cloverfield

neutron bombs smile_o.gif should sort anything biological in area smile_o.gif

Meh... when i first saw the trailer I hope for an Alien/sci fi movie (We haven't got any in a while and no I am A Legend was not an alien sci fi movie and AVP2 sucked... so ya nothing great since Transformers).

Now I realize its gonna be another Godzilla kind of movie. sad_o.gif

Meh... when i first saw the trailer I hope for an Alien/sci fi movie (We haven't got any in a while and no I am A Legend was not an alien sci fi movie and AVP2 sucked... so ya nothing great since Transformers).

Now I realize its gonna be another Godzilla kind of movie.  sad_o.gif

made with a shoddy camera and 'fake' monster.  I mean really, the amount the US can mobolize in the New York area would kill that monster in a matter of minites.  I highly doubt anything could survive a barrage of Sabot, Javelins and Squadrons of fighter/bomber no matter how big and bug like.

watch the trailer. All monster movies portray american troops as people who just discharge there weapons wildly into the air. biggrin_o.gif

There's a picture of it floating around on imdb. From what I've gathered from the descriptions, if zoidberg a squid,kangaroo and an ape had freaky sex their baby/abomination would be the monster.

i heard it won some nominations on worst movie already lol

i heard it won some nominations on worst movie already lol

Really unexpected! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i heard it won some nominations on worst movie already lol

ummm...now you got me interested. I´m a fan of "bad" movies.

The monster is very weird looking its a mix between a man and a praying mantis if you like to see a photo send me a message.

There's a picture of it floating around on imdb. From what I've gathered from the descriptions, if zoidberg a squid,kangaroo and an ape had freaky sex their baby/abomination would be the monster.

EEKK! Zoidberg getting it on with anything is bad enough, let alone producing something!

Oh baby that movie was fun. If you hated Blair Witch or your a movie "snob" don't bother going though. I'll go see it at least one more time since seeing it on the big screen is a must. Very cool.

Edit: A lot of haters complaining about this movie in the viewer reviews. I seriously think you have to be a complete idiot to knowingly go see this movie and then complain about the plot and camera work. It's like complaining about the plot and camera work after seeing the Pamela Lee video.

Oh baby that movie was fun. If you hated Blair Witch or your a movie "snob" don't bother going though. I'll go see it at least one more time since seeing it on the big screen is a must. Very cool.

Well, I liked Blair Witch Project a lot indeed to say the truth, even if I'm a "snob".

Mmmmh, you've made me interested on it again......

Quote[/b] ]Edit: A lot of haters complaining about this movie in the viewer reviews. I seriously think you have to be a complete idiot to knowingly go see this movie and then complain about the plot and camera work. It's like complaining about the plot and camera work after seeing the Pamela Lee video.

Interesting perspective indeed! biggrin_o.gif

I saw it last night and I thought the movie was awesome. I had been waiting since Transformers and since I hyped it up so much in my head I figured I was going to be let down but man did it blow me away. I would definitly recommend seeing it.

Quote[/b] ]All monster movies portray american troops as people who just discharge there weapons wildly into the air.
Not really. They're shooting at the monster. I don't know why they think the 5.56s are going to do anything that SABOTs don't seem to be stopping but they aren't just randomly firing. I really liked the fight scenes to be honest and I was expecting them to suck after seeing the trailer but they obviously didn't. I guess they could've been better but most things can.

Well, I liked Blair Witch Project a lot indeed to say the truth, even if I'm a "snob".

Mmmmh, you've made me interested on it again......

Quote[/b] ]Edit: A lot of haters complaining about this movie in the viewer reviews. I seriously think you have to be a complete idiot to knowingly go see this movie and then complain about the plot and camera work. It's like complaining about the plot and camera work after seeing the Pamela Lee video.

Interesting perspective indeed! biggrin_o.gif

I'm just a little shocked after reading IMDB off and on today. I just can't understand some people's reasoning for hating this movie. Motion sickness I can understand, but most other complaints you can explain away by the viewer "just not getting it."

Some of these people see the movie Blazing Saddles and complain about comedy ruining a western.

Edit: After reading some more comments I can see why there is no innovation in Hollywood. Most people just want to be spoon fed the same tired and boring formulas even if they say they want something new. They really just want more of the same, but packaged differently and if they do get presented something "different" they complain. I hate people.

With all these negative comments about the film I wasn't so sure about seeing it. But Ebud and Jakerod's comments have got me excited about seeing it.

Roll on Feb 1st.

people have a right to complain about the plot. Just because its a monster movie dosnt mean its going to have a bad plot. Monster movies can have good plots and bad plots too.

Obviously. But that is not the point. It seems most people just like to bitch. I mean just look at what happened with ArmA. At the start most threads were just full of insults. Not useful criticisms.

I just saw it. I thought it was thoroughly entertaining. If I have only one gripe it would have been to see at least some sort of clue as to where it came from in the movie (like we saw on the websites related to deep-sea drilling)

I just saw it. I thought it was thoroughly entertaining. If I have only one gripe it would have been to see at least some sort of clue as to where it came from in the movie (like we saw on the websites related to deep-sea drilling)

Allegidly, if you watch that last scene on the last seconds of the tape on Apr 27th or so, there is a big clue to where its from in the background. I work at a movie theater so I saw it the other night but missed the big clue and while I was working today I tried to see if I could find it but I didn't. I might have been looking at the wrong section of screen or maybe someone is just a total BSer but allegidly there is a hint.

I saw the movie yesterday, and it was a decent movie. I've got to admit, I've got mixed feelings about it.

<span style='color:red'>*Spoiler Alert*Highlight to see text*</span>

Quote[/b] ]<span style='color:white'>It wasn't as much a movie about the monster as it was about people running away from the monster. I also didn't understand the point of wrapping it up as a DoD movie, as I'm sure that if I had a pick of all DoD movies to watch I'd watch something more interesting (like the JFK assassination, or a movie about UFOs).

On the other hand, the acting was done pretty nicely (except for the girlfriend of the brother who died, who looked constipated or on the verge of laughing the entire time). I still wish I knew exactly what happened to Marlena (that was gross).</span>

I also appreciated the sense of humour...there was good dialogue and nice interaction between the characters. Overall, this might be more DVD worthy than something you'd see in theatres.

(Also, don't go see Sweeny Todd. It's a little boring.)

Abs

Blair Witch meets cheap monster flick? I'll pass on that one...

I outgrew my sarcastic phase where i watched bad movies for a laugh.

... and how is this innovation? It's Godzilla repackaged.

Its definitly not Godzilla repackaged. I will admit it was inspired by Godzilla but it is definitly something totally different.

Your loss though if you don't see it. I think its one of the best movies to come out in a long time and I tend to see everything or atleast hear about everything since I work at a theater.

Its definitly not Godzilla repackaged. I will admit it was inspired by Godzilla but it is definitly something totally different.

Your loss though if you don't see it. I think its one of the best movies to come out in a long time and I tend to see everything or atleast hear about everything since I work at a theater.

I dunno it's probably a nice movie, i just don't seem to enjoy any recent movies at all, i can look at older ones i used to like and still like those. But most movies past 2003, i hate their guts... Must be the overuse of post processing filters or something.

Everything looks so fake and clean in these highly stylized movies. Cloverfield is the same, a bunch of effects, i already saw star wars ep 2 and 3, effects don't even phase me.

Now for some ridicule: What's with the Sinspawn coming from Cloverzilla anyway? Did the monster make a trip to Spira or something? And that Hud guy must've been through some things already in his life to steadily keep filming vicious monsters that are about to kill him.

I saw it and it was spectacular. The first scene showing the US army confrontation was exciting plus frightening. The creature itself is awesome its the United States' first Kaiju(japanese for giant monster) since King Kong. This guys is a mean motherf***er.