Sign in to follow this  
ba2

Spanish army mod pack 2

The siren on the nissan x-trail is not working properly ?

There's no sound and the lights dont flash (turn round, whatever lol)

is it just me ?

no.. it's not only you, we haven't time to finish the script for the siren, the sound is not in ogg (i've 3 diferents sounds effects to choose in my pc) and the lights only turns once, and you can only see them by night.

Anyway there are some bugs already fixed, and i think we will release a patch this month.

Thanks for the respond.

Can we also expect the police units to have cars with sirens ?

Also, and please dont jump on me, im simply curious here, why is the permission to release a retexture of a vehicle needed? I can understand direct changes to the model, or claiming the model to be yours, but if you only are releasing a new texture entirely created by you to replace a texture already in your game, and you give credit to the author of the model you are texturing

Because, so often what I've highlighted in bold is NOT the case. Whoever does the reskin packages the addon as "Joe Schmoes AAV7" rather than "Joe Schmoes Reskin of Someone Elses AAV7".

Bi, isnt that like a modification of a mod? We need not seek the permission of BI to release retextures of their units right? Isnt it the same way?

While this is quite true, BI's stance towards the community (i.e. encouraging modding) means that they tend not to mind not being credited/asked for permission. That being said, I'm not sure how they feel about the game content being ripped apart for the numerous (and more often than not hideous) "kitbashing" copy/paste addons. But I certainly DO NOT speak on behalf of BI, they might not mind.

Ah, I see, I believe you should always give credit to the author of whose work you are editing.

Thank you for your reply.

Quote[/b] ]Can we also expect the police units to have cars with sirens ?

Yes, we are working on it.

Hi m8,

I have some sounds that i am using on your choppers.

Let me know if ya want a link for em.

If you want to use thm that s'cool but i will ask ya's to also use the volume settings that i'll pack with em.

I ve been doin sounds for years in OFP and used to do audio engineering.So i hope you dont think iam a pushy 14year old lol.

Anyhow Great work on the Mod!! biggrin_o.gif Thanx

P.s if you guy's have a vehicle-respawn scrpt that will respawn choppers on deck of the LPD i would love to get a hold of it.I 've tried two so far but they both put em on the ground.

Thanx again m8. biggrin_o.gif

That looks very good, awesome update thumbs-up.gif

Hi again to all

New pics of the Spanish Army AS 532 Cougar. It is a WIP and still lacks a lot of details in the textures, numbers, also some work with the materials (such as in the case of the glass of the windows) an linking some animations to the config.

http://foros.ffaa.es/download.php?id=399&mode=view

http://foros.ffaa.es/download.php?id=400&mode=view

http://foros.ffaa.es/download.php?id=401&mode=view

hope you like it.

There are also planned some other versions such as the SAR (in spanish it means Servicio Aéreo de Rescate, Air Rescue Service) version.

This mode is vary nice needs a lot of tweaks in them choppers vary buggy, the units are lovely vary nice plz fix then choppers they look awsome wink_o.gif

man i like the gear on these units, wish someone would make some US SF dudes like that.

man i like the gear on these units, wish someone would make some US SF dudes like that.

was made by peloton, a very talented guy, he had released a few addons after he joined spanish army mod... smile_o.gif

Great work.

Mucho animo, Txalo, estais haciendo un curro cojonudo.

you guys did some very nice work. In the future so you plan to add door gunners to the SH-3 or Huey?

This is an vary nice mod like the details on units vary nice biggrin_o.gif Is there any updates or news on this mod in english? Looked on there web site but i dont know spanish. Is there any way of makeing this mod in english version?

You put a lot of effort in this and I appreciate your hard work - I think it'd be a good idea to give you some honest feedback instead of the usual fanboy chatter:

It's a very extensive mod, I give you that, but so far this pack is pretty low quality.

I'll just briefly - and paradigmatically - address the infantry weapons here, and I do sincerely hope you don't get me wrong.

The rifles seem slapped together with last-minute features added to them. As neat as these may be (and I love them! ): They won't work properly (static texture for a EOTECH reticle, for instance). Flawed bullet retraction animation that stops at ~10% remaining capacity (due to some overlapping model bug, I guess?) oddly compressed textures and weird weapon settings regarding recoil and accuracy ruin game play. I doubt even Chuck Norris would be able to shoot an MG3 standing with a bullet spread of roughly the size of a dinner plate on 75 meters. Many models (the G3 in particular) look a lot worse than models used in Half-Life 1 mods back in 1999. A proper English translation couldn't hurt either.

It doesn't yet fit to what "the rest of ArmA" looks like and delivers.

There's a lot of stuff that needs to be revised for such a huge and extensive mod like yours if you aim join the ranks of the ArmA Quality Modding Pantheon (think of the stuff brought to us by Solus, sickboy, RobertHammer, rg7621, fromz, chammy, so many many more, who released add ons that put the original ArmA concepts to shame)

Personally I'd be most delighted to see you get there. So far this looks very promising and I highly encourage you to go on. It's just not "everything's great, woohooo, let's make babies", yet.

Yes, I know it's a fan mod. I know it's a hobby, done in your free time. I don't tell you this to make you feel bad or make me feel good (for whatever weird reason) - just thought I'd share my two cents with you on this so you might get some actual feedback.

Now beat me for it, if you feel like it. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the hard work so far, and all the best of luck for the future! Gracias smile_o.gif

The.D, certainly not the way to provide an objetive and clear list of things to be improved and/or fixed.

Yup, I doubt a complete list of things in need of fixing could be written so easily, though.

I tried the mod, thought "Wow, not bad - but still far from good for now."

So, all I'm saying is "keep at it, you're getting there" in a ... erhm.. quintessential way. I never raised the claim to keep this objective but so far several people agreed with me.