Sign in to follow this  
ba2

Spanish army mod pack 2

The problem is that an script called rappel should have been included in the PBO but hasn't so each time you add a helo in the editor that message pops up.

Now they are reviewing some bugs and problems that have been detected in this version of the mod so they get solved for the next one.

Hope it helps

The SH-3 Sea King has a huge bug, projectiles go through it (bullets and M136 rockets). It also has way to much armor, after putting 600 rounds from the M240 through it, I was able to crash the helo (into the ground, trees and buildings) six times (seven if you count when it finally exploded).

It also took over ten FFAR rockets from the UH-1 fired at the ground around it before it exploded.

The problem with the rappel is that the file with the script was not published. ffaa_scripts.pbo, the script it's not done, and we forgot to remove the action.. sorry for the inconvenience.

The people from the mod we will continue working fixing all the bugs you find.

Is there any way to make it so it can be in english as well?

if it would be repacked as a pack of addons instead as a instaler and with zip7 , it would be 467 MB size wink_o.gif

Any efforts to reduce the mod's size would be much appreciated by those with third world internet connections. smile_o.gif

800mb is a third of my monthly international bandwidth allowance.

if it would be repacked as a pack of addons instead as a instaler and with zip7 , it would be 467 MB size wink_o.gif

+1

It's a great pack - 34 hours 10 min to DL with my crappy connection!  rofl.gif

It's fantastic -

Thanks (and Gracias!wink_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Stew

plz give us a 7zip version

ive now d/l the installer from 3 different places and still dont have a working version!

each occassion i d/l it is missing something!

different files each time,must have 3/4 of files i need

maybe some kind soul can upload the files i'm missing too rapidshare or something,if thats allowed?

if so pm me and i can give you a list of the files i have/need!

i'm starting to see why you guys dont like installers now banghead.gif

BiGGiBs

I cant open the exe.. it say

"Este archivo contiene datos invalidos."

WTF?!  crazy_o.gif

For those with no so fast connections let it be known that the addon is going to be released in the form of a packed addon, comprimed with 7-zip so it will weigh something like half the size it weighs now.

Expect it to be uploaded and ready tomorrow.

cheers

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

pistols.gifyay.gifgoodnight.gif

i hate that damn bananna

For those with no so fast connections let it be known that the addon is going to be released in the form of a packed addon, comprimed with 7-zip so it will weigh something like half the size it weighs now.

Expect it to be uploaded and ready tomorrow.

cheers

Well played!

Hi, I'm making the 7-zip compresion of the month, It will be available in less than an hour..

the dta folder contains the U.I. and it seems that in some resolutions give those errors that make the game CTD, you could rename it, or delete it.

voice.pbo can also be removed, as are only the spanish translations of the original voices of the game, as it doesn't come fully translated from the box.

there is also a light version of the IM in a folder inside the mod folder (otros). replace them if you have a lower spec pc.

Edit:

here is the 7-zip file. notice that you need this program to unzip the file.

mod ffaa 3.1.02 (7z) -468 Mb Aprox.

Hi, I'm making the 7-zip compresion of the month, It will be available in less than an hour..

the dta folder contains the U.I. and it seems that in some resolutions give those errors that make the game CTD, you could rename it, or delete it.

voice.pbo can also be removed, as are only the spanish translations of the original voices of the game, as it doesn't come fully translated from the box.

there is also a light version of the IM in a folder inside the mod folder (otros). replace them if you have a lower spec pc.

Edit:

here is the 7-zip file. notice that you need this program to unzip the file.

mod ffaa 3.1.02 (7z) -468 Mb Aprox.

Excellent. Is this still the full mod but packed in 7-zip format? In other words, exact same thing as before just smaller dl. Or is this version just the ffaa AddOns

full mod folder, as the installer, but half size. The installer is mainly for all the players who doens't know how to install the mod.

Mmmm, nice.

Now, a couple of questions. What do the otros and dta folders do and do I actually need them? Isn't it just a case of dropping the pbos from the addons folder into my addons folder?

Also, an English readme would be good for those of us who are linguistically challenged. smile_o.gif

the dta is only the User Interface, with comes with a logo of the mod, so it's not necesary, could be removed.

The "Infanteria de Marina" (IM) comes in two versions in the mod. One version (installed by default in addons folder) are models made from scratch, and the second version (in "otros" folder) are retexturized soldiers from the game. in both cases the class names are the same, so you could replace them with out loosing your missions, the diference is that retexturized soldiers are lighter than the new ones, and fps rates are higher, thats all.

if you want higher fps, use the ones from "otros" folder, replace them in addons.(make a backup of the originals).

voice.pbo is not going to be removed from the zip, or the install exe, because are the voices in spanish and part from the mod. if you don't like them, just remove it, no matter.

We know we are not perfects, so any bug you encounter, report here (or by p.m. me) so we could track it and fix it for the next release. or patch.

Thank you.

Also, an English readme would be good for those of us who are linguistically challenged. smile_o.gif

If u check armaholic.com download page you can read it in English.

But there is no so much info on it, but content, credits and 1 known issue.

I have translated it, as some others have already notice biggrin_o.gif

you snuck a new ship in there too..... too bad its only static and if you walk around on it you fall thru the deck and cant get out

Did I see an AAV7 Retexture a few pages back?? Did the gentleman in possesion of them get permission to release those retextures?

Also, and please dont jump on me, im simply curious here, why is the permission to release a retexture of a vehicle needed? I can understand direct changes to the model, or claiming the model to be yours, but if you only are releasing a new texture entirely created by you to replace a texture already in your game, and you give credit to the author of the model you are texturing, for example, Bi, isnt that like a modification of a mod? We need not seek the permission of BI to release retextures of their units right? Isnt it the same way? Im not to sure here, and like I said, please dont blow a gasket, real innocent question...

Anywho, im really excited about this mod!! Great work!  yay.gif

Also, and please dont jump on me, im simply curious here, why is the permission to release a retexture of a vehicle needed? I can understand direct changes to the model, or claiming the model to be yours, but if you only are releasing a new texture entirely created by you to replace a texture already in your game, and you give credit to the author of the model you are texturing

Because, so often what I've highlighted in bold is NOT the case. Whoever does the reskin packages the addon as "Joe Schmoes AAV7" rather than "Joe Schmoes Reskin of Someone Elses AAV7".

Bi, isnt that like a modification of a mod? We need not seek the permission of BI to release retextures of their units right? Isnt it the same way?

While this is quite true, BI's stance towards the community (i.e. encouraging modding) means that they tend not to mind not being credited/asked for permission. That being said, I'm not sure how they feel about the game content being ripped apart for the numerous (and more often than not hideous) "kitbashing" copy/paste addons. But I certainly DO NOT speak on behalf of BI, they might not mind.