Sign in to follow this  
ba2

Spanish army mod pack 2

Is there a chance you can upload your pics elsewhere? I am getting only half of a picture or no picture at all.

A few do load completely though smile_o.gif

Some new pics of corrected vehicles from the previous version

AAV-7

New materials, increased FPS and more speed in water

http://foros.ffaa.es/download.php?id=440

http://foros.ffaa.es/download.php?id=441

Hummers

They don't have problems with bridges anymore. And also cargo SO and TOW versions have been added.

http://foros.ffaa.es/download.php?id=442

http://foros.ffaa.es/download.php?id=443

http://foros.ffaa.es/download.php?id=444

are the unit names etc. going to be in english instead of spanish in next updates ?

my spanish is getting rusty and i presume a lot of people aren't familiar with the spanish language

I wonder if it's possible to make the SLA and RACS guys speak Spanish? It bugs me that everyone speaks American English while Sahrani place names are in Spanish. A separate add-on would be great.

As for the Fuerzas Armadas mod, it's a bit frustrating that interface texts are in Spanish, eg. fire selectors on guns, and unit names in editor. Please use English for that sort of stuff. If Russian mods used Russian, German mods German, Finnish mods Finnish, Star Trek mods Klingon etc. we'd be in an impossible situation. Having voices acted in non-English is another thing, because there's still English subtitles for orders.

Overall the mod was of high quality, but with still a lot of rough corners to polish. Especially vehicle interior textures aren't that great. The Huey (I forgot the Spanish code) behaved strangely, especially when taking off. And vehicles with 40mm GL have that insane recoil as with original BIS vehicles. I hope that future versions improve old things, not just add new stuff. Anyway, I like! High five!

borat.jpg

I wonder if it's possible to make the SLA and RACS guys speak Spanish? It bugs me that everyone speaks American English while Sahrani place names are in Spanish. A separate add-on would be great.

As for the Fuerzas Armadas mod, it's a bit frustrating that interface texts are in Spanish, eg. fire selectors on guns, and unit names in editor. Please use English for that sort of stuff. If Russian mods used Russian, German mods German, Finnish mods Finnish, Star Trek mods Klingon etc. we'd be in an impossible situation. Having voices acted in non-English is another thing, because there's still English subtitles for orders.

Overall the mod was of high quality, but with still a lot of rough corners to polish. Especially vehicle interior textures aren't that great. The Huey (I forgot the Spanish code) behaved strangely, especially when taking off. And vehicles with 40mm GL have that insane recoil as with original BIS vehicles. I hope that future versions improve old things, not just add new stuff. Anyway, I like! High five!

Will ask to the ffaa guys for permision to translate it smile_o.gif

Regarding the helis, yes, they need a big improvement regarding textures, but you have to take a look at the new ones, they are simply amazing smile_o.gif

Also they are working harder on bugfix, don't know if they plan to release a patch or will wait until next release (it's now in close beta)

Here you have a few selfmade shots of the beta pack 3 smile_o.gif

ffaashot1.jpg

ffaashot2.jpg

ffaashot3.jpg

ffaashot4.jpg

ffaashot6.jpg

ffaashot5.jpg

When I try to start up ArmA (after installing this mod) the game just blanks back to windows and a meesge saying :

Cannot create system memory surface 1555, 1420x850 (size 3017504B)

error code 8876086c

Can you help me please?

IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!! pistols.gif

When I try to start up ArmA (after installing this mod) the game just blanks back to windows and a meesge saying :

Cannot create system memory surface 1555, 1420x850 (size 3017504B)

error code 8876086c

Can you help me please?

IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!! pistols.gif

What ArmA version are you running? Are you running any other mods as well? What's in your main AddOns folder, anything in addition to the vanilla BIS files?

Give a little more info and I may be able to help you out, others as well. I haven't used this mod in a few months but I've never had that occur, to my knowledge. Someone else may have posted this problem as well but I couldn't see anything at first glance.

I just installed a new Bin.pbo into ArmA and it started working but thanks for replying anyway.

Nice Terrorists smile_o.gif ,but why u putted 3 same pics biggrin_o.gif

Ups!! biggrin_o.gif

Fixed wink_o.gif

Nice and that CH-47 godlike thumbs-up.gif

BTW have got some plans to make USA version of that CH-47 Chinook ?

first times a very beautiful addon! is it possible that you offer the AAV7, UH1 and CH46 as USMC to texture pack? would be genuinly mad from you.

sorry for my bad English sponsoring by babel fish sad_o.gif

These terrorist models don't fit at all with the context of the MOD since they look from the Middle-East, whereas they are supposed to be from 'North-Africa'.

Check out some videos on the net showing 'north-african terrorists' in action (Mainly in Algeria), you will notice that they don't wear baclavas and don't have these 'Hamasish' bandanas, the same goes for 'Shamaghs'.

In oder words, north african terrorists, except some old soviet military kits, they aren't different from any civilian.

Regards,

TB

That second pic of the terrorists shows why the CH-47 needs door guns!!! Without door gunners its a nice easy target for guys with AK's. Speaking of which... AK-47's would be nicer on them rather then AK-74's. You guys are welcome to use my mod's AK-47's once they are released (or I can send you guys the models and textures). Quite honestly your mod's insurgents blow away the ones in my mod (who have very crude headscarfs on ours). I would recommend that your mod perhaps release the terrorist pack as an independent pack (not dependent on the rest of the mod) so that they can be used in a wide variety of missions with many other mods.

At any rate, overall your mod is amazing and the new helicopters are fabulous. But at least a door gun on the rear ramp might be good.

Keep up the great work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Technically, the models look so far good but as stated in the previous page, they are slightly wrong when it comes to the authenticity, and need to be reworked in order to make them fit with the MOD's perspective.

regards,

TB

True, but I wouldn't mind them releasing them on their own for others to enjoy nonetheless. tounge2.gif

That is not correct Spain has troops in countries like Afghanistan, Morocco single is an enemy.

It will try to release the terrorist units without they depend on the rest of mods.

Pardon by the English

Quote[/b] ]That is not correct Spain has troops in countries like Afghanistan, Morocco single is an enemy.

The relation between Spain and Morocco is far from being that hostile, as they have numerous common economic and governmental agreements and partnerships, despite some political divergences and territorial disputes (Leila's/Persil rock crisis in '02...).

Concerning the models issue, since the afghan and arab cultures are essentially different, I would suggest to get rid of the model with the green bandana/baclava as you will rarely notice talibans wearing them.

Regards,

TB