Sign in to follow this  
stealth squirrel

Britain

does this country exist anymore? im not in on the politics, but is it possible to actually calle the UK truly a united kingdom,apart from the fact there is no king but neither are we united, yes devolution,,VIVE LA RESISTENCE

Did you know that the most common surname in the Britain is not a British surname its something like [atel which aint right.

Sorry Patel, but i mean that aint right.

unfortunetly it is still Uk or GB im scottish and resent that and want my country seperated from UK not literally, but alas we have to wait more time. -[[

Does this have to do with anything "about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army"?

hehe

selective moderating, ahh.....

biggrin.gif

Hilandor if Scotland became independent from Britain then britain would have to keep all of the armed forces because their role is to protect the queen.

and i dont think a highland army would be very successful considering what happened at the last highland charge (cullodden)

ehh if i remember my history correctly the culloden battle was a battle between the clans of scotland after they had marched to almost 100 miles north of london after conquoring carlisle and other large cities on the way and prince charlie decided to regroup back at homebase basically.

And i imagine our own army would consist of regiments that are scottish anyway and existed before the union was created.

quite a formidable army with regiments such as the black watch, the highland fusileers etc biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Angry Radish @ Feb. 26 2002,19:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does this have to do with anything "about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army"?

hehe

selective moderating, ahh.....

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well no but at least its got a topic that is a damn site better than " vote for the boyband u want to see shot" or whatever crap it was

and i also see out of all the replies that are to this thread yours is the only one that really is the stupid one does that not say something biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Feb. 26 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would the Queen be head of state in your Independant Scotland Hilandor?<span id='postcolor'>

if that was possible yes i would be most happy with that i did swear my allegiance to the queen.

I would just like an independant scotland where we can decide our own fate and future.

kinda funny(or ironic)

Scotland wanted to join UK in 1700's(?) and now they say they would reconsider it.....guess they found out that foods at south of the island is not much better tounge.gif

At the risk of offending many 'patriots' I'm Edinburgh born and have lived my whole life in Scotland but I am British. I have never called myself Scottish. And the idea of an independent Scotland really frightens me.

'Our' Parliment has been a fiasco thus far but it seems to me as a general rule you want to keep your government as far from you as possible. No, lets keep the UK whole ( if a little cracked in places ) and our government as far south as possible.

But then I'm pro european anyway so I'm perhaps less than typical of my countrymen.

surely a parliment that is relativly new has to have a chance to sort its stuff out tho its still in early days yet really

oh im not much further away either across the forth smile.gif

down with scott parliment, next the welsh will want it and before you know it birmingham will be a new country and renamed........well something with stan on the end like.........Birmistan

Jeeez, the UK must be the weirdest country in Europe!! Why can't you be a normal centralist state like France or Greece, or a normal Federal state like Germany??

I simply don't understand WHAT the UK actually IS!?

over run with illegal immegrants with 8 children claiming benifts from my parents hard earned cash.

United Kingdom

Yes it's united but I dont like that name it looks kinda lame, I prefer Britain

United we stand !!

This is my d*mn country, my island, its beautiful and green. I love the Chalk cliffs and the green fields. The forests and the sea's.

I will go where ever the hell I want in these Islands and call them my home. That includes Southern Ireland. It's all the same land mass and yer crazy if you think we should divide it up.

What difference will it make anyways? Im English but I dont give a sh&t about England, I see myself as British and that will always be my view.

Lets tear apart the UK and see what we are left with? A bunch of tiny countries with pointless discrimination ie welsh & sheep.

Just accept the Queen and think of it as a whole country, we dont stand a chance in hell in this world if we try and divide the country any more than it already is.

How powerful is Southern Ireland? How powerful would Scotland and Wales be without England?

We would be far worse off if we split, there would be more political problems with money/law/troops and we sure as hell wouldnt make much of a difference to the world.