Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Suggestion-list for the final arma patch

Quote[/b] ]Exactly, but why not doing this? It mainly shows that people need a topic like this to express themselves :P

You mean:

BIS Forums presents: wish & blogfest! biggrin_o.gif

Topic of this thread is SUGGESTION-LIST.

So hack off whiners  wink_o.gif

Yeh sure "suggest". And as per typical, when the next patch comes out it will be 100x ;

Quote[/b] ]What happen! I and (insert 20 other wishlist people) asked for this in (insert # of threads) threads here and still BIS DID NOT LISTEN .... blah blah blah ... they are the worst developer in the world/solar system/universe/everwhere(cross out not applicable)

The game is a TOTAL mess, unplayable, full of bugs .... cya bye, I'm off to play ArmA online cuz those other games blow

And DM is right, some requests are unreasonable and are "new content" in a technical sense. An RPG to fly forever (you know the ones, 30 of them fired at a passing chopper ! ) would cause the game to eventualy crash. Some (more) stuff (on top of 1000 other things being tracked ingame) just can not be resonably simulated without a (insert latest super-computer).

Other stuff will be ignored because it may only affect 1 persons in 100 for 2 seconds of total gameplay.

Getting AI crossing bridges is for example resonable.

If someone wanted to be constructive with this, they'd catch every suggestion and every serious bug reported in the 1.09b threads and do a poll, ask each user to vote once for what they would most like fixed next patch. And no, they don't get to vote on 30 different suggestions, just 1-3 maybe.

.... and yes I know it would be a long list LOL and yes I know these forum polls can't do it ..... but hey theres other poll web sites that provide this service.  tounge2.gif

So hack off whiners wink_o.gif

But it is for a patch, not a new game. No point wishing for certain things for a patch wink_o.gif

Guys, I'm not talking about pink ponys. BIS! Introduce them, if not - I don't like you anymore!!!111

I just know that BIS follows the community's work (addons, fixes, sometimes ideas - the best example for me are 1.09 FFARs tounge2.gif). What I'm doing there is just giving ideas, I won't cry if BIS won't make them. I bought ArmA to support their good work.

So hack off whiners  wink_o.gif

But it is for a patch, not a new game. No point wishing for certain things for a patch wink_o.gif

As I said - thread evolved  biggrin_o.gif

ArmA is evolving too  wink_o.gif

Some part of my wishlist would probably take several seconds to fix wink_o.gif

Maybe extra threads would be better?

"General ArmA wishlist"

"Patch 1.09 final - suggestion list (depend on betapatch)"

Tweak rate of fire for AI.

Basically i was really positive surprised that Infantry-AI M240 gunner, using now short bursts of 3 shots when attacking and range independend, which is better than before with their stupid single-shot behavior.

Still AI in Tanks like BMP (talking about PK in this example) use something like a range-depending rate of fire.

I tested this many times and it seems they still attacking me with the "real" rate of fire, if i'm nearer than around 20-50m. But as soon as i'm farer away, they "cut the rate of fire by halve" or even more.

I don't know if the MG's in Tanks have a rate-of-fire selector, but i doubt it, so please let them also fire in short bursts even if i'm 200m away.

Oftopic, yes i will summarize the request soon, but i will first talk with some guys to decide which suggestions are "appropriate" and which not. Be sure that additional-content and wish list-things will be not on the list.

Regards, Christian

To me, the rate of fire seems like 'fire a shot, when it hits fire another'. Try having a helo or plane attack with guns. Demonstrates this action clearly. Would be nice to patch up

Removing the Ai sniping with a ak. 1 shot 1 kill at 300 meter +

Really not fun. Not real imo

Change the ai's precision settings in your profile file with notepad to something around 0.650000

hey ok this is what i have for the ai precision under regular

precisionEnemy=0.184681

...will try the 0.65000 number.

thanks

P.S If i change the number do i have to change anyting under the difficulty setting in the game?

in final patch I would like to see:

- naked women;

- pink colour menu and GUI;

- more sadistic effects - dying, starvation, wounded;

- such warriors:

pingu.jpg

pingu.jpg

I say change the speeds of the helicopters. Going a bizillion knots is not realistic and makes them very hard to control at NOE. Helicopters are not fighter jets.

Limit the Little bird to about 90 knots max. The AH model with full bag of gas and ammo can just about achieve that speed in real life. The helicopter only goes about 110 to 120 knots (with doors on, that does make a difference) in real life empty weight and at that speed it vibrates really bad. You have the feeling the rotors are going to rip off.

The Blackhawk should be limited to about 120 knots max. With a full bag of gas and stuffed to the gills with PAX (passengers for you non-flyers) 100 to 110 is a acceptable cruising (and I mean str8 and level) speed. When I flew L models I only acheived 130 and above in a dive with a empty cargo and all doors closed.

The Cobra should be limited to 120 knots too. The normal attack speed is between 80 and 110 knots.

BIS please change this. Military helicopters are not AirWolf.

Instead of suggesting individual tweaks to the flight model, I'd like to suggest to BIS to DUMP the entire ArmA FM and replace it with OFP's flight model which garners about almost no complaints when compared to the current flight model, and I mean that both for planes as well as for helicopters...

BUZZARD @ Jan. 08 2008,15:53)]Instead of suggesting individual tweaks to the flight model, I'd like to suggest to BIS to DUMP the entire ArmA FM and replace it with OFP's flight model which garners about almost no complaints when compared to the current flight model, and I mean that both for planes as well as for helicopters...

Oh just not that. Anything but that. That FM is worse that ArmAs one.

- A fix for AI getting stuck behind walls/fences if possible.

- AI accuracy decreased on all difficulty settings (currently they are 90%+ accurate and only fire when they have a precice shot. I would like to see them fire for effect/supressive, making the battle scenes more realistic and exciting).

- Fire and explosions. I would like to see these made more dramatic and realistic. They are OK as they are, but some vehicles seem to only burn for a matter of seconds, and some tend to stay in once piece even though they should be nothing but dust particles.

- Urban/In-doors combat. Not sure if this is at all possible, but i would like to see the AI in buildings, not just stupidly stood about waiting to hear a shot, lie-down, turn and kill you in 1 shot from 500 meters away.

Many Thanks!

BUZZARD @ Jan. 08 2008,15:53)]Instead of suggesting individual tweaks to the flight model, I'd like to suggest to BIS to DUMP the entire ArmA FM and replace it with OFP's flight model which garners about almost no complaints when compared to the current flight model, and I mean that both for planes as well as for helicopters...

Comparing the criticisms garnered and taking into account the "jack-of-all-trades"-nature of both games, I think the majority would agree that as it stands, OFP's FM is better than ArmA. But, just to please you, I wouldn't mind having a choice between the two, as long as the OFP FM is present...

They fixed the "run in diagonal without weapon" anim bug,

now, just one thing between others, fix the M9 reloading sound overriden by the M24 sound (if you have the M24 on the back)

Please also fix the : "switch to handgun" anim as you asked for your primary weapon...

Just config tweaks, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else  : )

EDIT : oh, by the way,

1/ if you keep your finger on the mouse fire button, the M24 will keep firing. It acts like a slow-rate MG !

2/ if you are "weapon aimed down" at ease, and set to "Full Auto" mode, if you fire one bullet at least will hit the ground; this animation (weaponlow to weaponstand) should get firing possibility removed.

3/ AI sometimes run (sprint ?) and fires as well. They just waste their ammo, just player (hélas! ) should be able to shoot while running (if not at all) !

BUZZARD @ Jan. 08 2008,18:59)]

Comparing the criticisms garnered and taking into account the "jack-of-all-trades"-nature of both games, I think the majority would agree that as it stands, OFP's FM is better than ArmA. But, just to please you, I wouldn't mind having a choice between the two, as long as the OFP FM is present...

The OFP one is not any better. It is worse. The ArmA one could be improved, but there is no chance of the OFP one being brought back. BIS isn't going to dump work they did for ArmA to simply copy over old OFP code from 2001 or before.

And having the choice of 2 flight models? That doesn't sound very practical. We will have "OFP flight model servers" and "ArmA flight model servers". A difficulty option that wont make much sense.

It makes more sense to sort out the issues with this one. It is better than in OFP.

The plane flight model on the other hand seems worse than before. I don't see any improvements to the physics over OFP. Just some weird issues like the throttle and (like the choppers) the rudder is too weak.

If the issues with the aircraft were fixed then the flight model would be pretty good.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think ArmA has only one flight model with different settings both for planes and choppers. Now, as we've seen so far, everybody is trying to know exactly what to do to the FM to make it better. Instead of running the risk of displeasing everybody else by just doing the corrections mentioned by person A, BIS has the "off-the-shelf" option to insert the settings they had in OFP, thus turning to something we're all familiar with, and didn't growl as much about as the current FM - because of course there will never be an FM that will be able to please everybody, but then the game makes compromises in all aspects...

........ I think a few people are looking at the old OFP FM through "rose coloured glasses"! whistle.gif

There is NO WAY I want that back.

Some people prefer & want simulator type FM and controls, other prefer the "X-Box" type arcade control.

Many times with both ArmA and OFP I hear "no, I don't fly, you fly"

You can't please everyone.

BUT .... big BUT, the game is meant to lean towards a Simulator, so I suggest it needs to stay similar.

I certainly don't want choppers that follow terrain by themselves back! pistols.gif

give a new look to the pilot please

1.add him a BDU jacket like the regular infantryhasmaybe a new color to the cloths desert color more white/yellow than green

2.add him gloves

3.add him shades

well the yellow/white cloths for pilot ain't so important but everything else would be very cool please consider doing what ive pointed the pilot pic below

BUZZARD @ Jan. 08 2008,17:59)]

OPF's flight model for helicopters for me please.

An optional setting is fine.

I'd actually play this game if the flight model was intuative.