Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Suggestion-list for the final arma patch

icehollow hmm , what your soundcard ?

icehollow hmm , what your soundcard ?

Not sure, but it's not just a problem on my end that I know for sure, because it happens to my clanmates when we're playing , i.e I can't hear their weapon's report/animation/muzzle flash, they can't hear my weapons's report/animation/muzzle flash.

The best suggestion I can give is to never plan about the final patch. It has to be final when it clear that it works after it release.

Ai over the darn bridges. Since the release the ai havent been able to cross certain bridges. Surely something can be fixed so they move freeley over them.

Remove this bug:

Bug video

I also recognized that the MP5 has a devastating effect against vehicles. Somehow i could bring a fresh spawned Civilian Pickup to burn with just one magazine.

Regards, Christian

Remove this bug:

Bug video

I also recognized that the MP5 has a devastating effect against vehicles. Somehow i could bring a fresh spawned Civilian Pickup to burn with just one magazine.

Regards, Christian

...Thats indeed a plain stupid bug!

1.Get rid of the soldier dropping his main rifle after swimming for  a bit.

2.Make Street lights be able to be shot out like in Resistance.

3.Holster pistols

4.Fix rusty tires,you should be able to shoot a hole in them like in OFP

5.you should not be able to use NVGs in broad daylight

6.NVGs even at night have the HDR effect where if you look down they get bright and then you look up and they get dim..

as if the suns out and your eyes are adjusting to the brightness..

7.NVGs should not be almost blinding while looking at the

dashboard instruments.

8.Fix the ability to shoot the tracks on the armored vehicals with small arms and the crew jumps out.

1.)All grenade launcher armed vehicles JUMP when firing the grenades. This has been reported one year ago, that's about 8 patches back, and it still hasn't been fixed. No grenade launching vehicle should move like portrayed right now. Why is the stryker moving like that? Jeez, a quick search on youtube and voila you get the idea of how it affects the vehicle. It doesn't. The recoil is in the gun, which is another thing that should be implemented.

2.)Static and vehicle weapon recoil. By default. This could give a bit more to the game. And along with a bit of dispersion it could be a solution for the next thing.

3.)AI gunners on UAZs with MGs are far too accurate on the move, basically anybody who's wielding a DSHK(static or moving) is a deadly sniper. I somehow don't think a gunner on a UAZ going full speed down an unpaved road could score a headshot from 600m. I somehow can't find that plausible.

Here are just some suggestions.

Vehicles that get shot up with rifle bullets shouldn't get rusty. It just kills the bloody mood to see a humvee get rusted up in a firefight. In most cases vehicles should just be abandoned by crew and NOT burn and rust. One should still be able to enter them. You should still be able to use any weapons that are onboard. Driving? No.

Not every tank explodes and burns. The sabot round for example, wouldn't make a tank explode as easly as a HEAT. Make the explosions more random, like 1 out of 5 explodes, the rest just get this grittier look instead of rust. It's not hard to do, mods in OFP have done it and I'd much rather see it done in ArmA itself.

The rusty damage textures could be redone.

Guest Ti0n3r

1. Tweak the hand grenade splash damage. Isn't it slightly over done right now?

2. Add a command to order AI not to engage infantry with their RPG's etc.

3. Some animations have to be finished before a dead soldier falls to the ground (reloading AT weapon is one of them I believe). BIS fixed that bug in OFP and now it's back to have revenge on us in ArmA tounge2.gif

Trees - user selectable LOD levels as a quick fix?

(even in the config file to override the new 1.09 nasties,

AI subteam formations.

Bridges.

This did turn into a wishlist. Many unreasonable requests. Some of you must realize that some things were changed from OFP to allow for a larger, more robust, JIP possible, multiplayer. OFP was mainly singleplayer and it's easy to make everything work in SP but start replicating that over the net and you have problems. ArmA is an MP game now and most of us wanted it that way and for God's sake do not start comparing this game to other games for its missing features: that's old.

Two suggetstions for the patches:

1. Fix the bridges in regards to Ai movement or remove the ones that do not work from the game (Does anyone know of the ones that do work so I can blow up the unworkable ones?). This is a show stopper IMO.

2. Allow AI/Unit commands (assignAs, etc.) to work with a human group leader. Right now if I script mounting commands for a group they will ONLY work if the group leader is NOT a player.

Thanks,

--Ben

Last patch? Are you kidding?

Is this because effort is going into a SOON(I hope!wink_o.gif to be released ArmA 2?

*goes off to test whether support waypoint is working correctly, yet*

Fix the hold fire bug for sure, even if they don't fire when fired upon.

I'd also say don't make the AI prone so much, sure it gives cover but man it's annoying waiting an hour for the AI to crawl the 100m they fell behind.

A.i. is toned down in 1.09 but is still too acurate when shooting at moving vehicles, a machinegunner can very easily snipe a pilot.

The fire that doesnt really burn confused_o.gif .

The vehicles that <s>burn</s> catch on fire too easily (small arms fire. I.e. one 30 round 5.56 stanag VS a UAZ).

The water that makes vehicles <s>burn</s> catch on fire.

ah/mh-6's are too fragile and can be disabled with 1 mp5sd magazine, a slightly rougher landing (causing 5% damage kills the engine).

You should be able to tell your AI to turn engine off

I think the sound issue might be due to a bug in the sound menu sliders

AI pathing still sucks sad_o.gif

Gnat @ Dec. 30 2007,19:35)]- Aircraft suspension working correctly on raised (ie Carrier) RoadWay LODs.

- All-Axis fine control of the camera (camera.sqs) using either mouse or 4 axis joysticks. (Well, at least up-down / left-right)

- GEO and RoadWay LOD to be allowed beyond 64 meters (want 150m)

- Config/model control over the water spray points on boats/ships

- Config/model control over underwater view (ie remove fog for subs)

<s>- All-Axis fine control of the camera (camera.sqs) using either mouse or 4 axis joysticks. (Well, at least up-down / left-right)</s>

Thanks to Wolfrug for the tip, can be done by configering the Buldozer commands to joystick controls.

<s>- Config/model control over underwater view (ie remove fog for subs)</s>

Found theres an "anti-water" texture in ArmA already smile_o.gif

ADD;

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>- Turrets for fixed wing Aircraft !</span>

As I said they are acting just like UBI, dump the game for the next one in the series before it is done. mad_o.gif

- When AI has fired last M136 round and you order them to fire on a tank they should say something other than "negative". Negative you can't reach it or negative you are out of ammo? Which is it?

- Fix the problem with game losing track of your AI. "where are you?" repeated over and over from a phantom AI.

- M240 and M249 should not be able to be fired while standing with any sort of accuracy. Go back to 1.08 config when standing.

- Tanks stopped by trees is ridiculous and a pain.

- Street lights should be able to be shot out

- NVG clamp down far too much when bright object viewed. Inside car is a real problem!

- Need to be able to shut VOIP off completely! Need to have some sort of local feedback so people know if they have a good volume on mic. Would be great if we had ability for background sound to lower temporarily while someone is talking.

- Since missions like Evolution are very popular would love to be able to see how long the mission has been running in the game browser. Would help you to decide what server to join if they are just starting or almost ending a mission.

they are acting just like UBI

Respectfully BS SlipperyJim! Not even comparable. What? They the only other game (developer) publisher you know? I don't see all the mod'ing tools for a start ......

Tanks stopped by trees is ridiculous and a pain.

This is a simulator, not some kids arcade racing game. Tanks don't stop for small trees, you think in RL an M1A1 can just plough its way through power poles/large trees/forests without stopping? Just doesn't happen. People are only complaining about this because they got used to the gameplay stupidness before recent patches.

ADD;

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>- Aircraft: Switch off "terrain following" when they're ~2x higher than the terrain!</span>

I real pain watching B52's constantly climbing and diving when they're WAY above the terrain sad_o.gif

Gnat @ Jan. 04 2008,04:01)]<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>- Aircraft: Switch off "terrain following" when they're ~2x higher than the terrain!</span>

I real pain watching B52's constantly climbing and diving when they're WAY above the terrain sad_o.gif

And they crash into high hills, both choppers and planes usually crash into hills, they can't get over them because they don't pull up enough/soon enough. Really annoying at times.

M240 recoil: Man I really hope it doesn't stay like this. No way you should be able to use it so accurately while standing crazy_o.gif

Some smaller from me:

- Able to holster rifles on shoulder like in OFP (hell the animation is still in Arma?!wink_o.gif

- Fix the M4m203 bug: 1. Description is wrong 2. One of them hasn't the "ACOG" in his name but still has a ACOG sight?! Remove the Acog-sight on one of them to have a M4M203 with Ironsights only.

- maybe just tweak some values, so that driving from road into grass doesn't brake your vehicle so fast and so immediatly...

wink_o.gif Being realistic, with the near release of ArmA2

BIS, Please fix at least these 2, Very annoying errors.

1. AI unable to cross most bridges (Grrrr!wink_o.gif.

2. AI Not obeying hold fire orders. (Extreme Grrrr!wink_o.gif

Fix just that and we will all be able to play Stealth missions again, which is sadly missed in ArmA

Thank You.

Ehm... ok, i have to mention some thing too...

1. Please god, oh please teach the bootsdrivers to do exatcly what them told. I mean not kicking out the soldiers 20 meters far from beach! THIS is the most torturing bug, oh yeah.

NO Navallandings till now! So sad about that...

2. Oh yeah this ass kicking bridgedisaster would be the most niciest fix overall...

3. Perhaps there is a way, AI could use bombs autonomically.

I mean without specification like when, then bomb, exactly this unit, etc. Here the Gamedynamic died a sad death.. i think.

4. When i make Infantrymissions in the rocks, i really get mad.

Cause the troups sometimes prefer a steap hill in the far to walk down, instead of using a light passage right infront of them.

So often i got 4 wide spread (chopperlanded) troups, with wide spread WP´s, but they all run down the same steap paces.

---> I feel there are not very much AI-WP´s dropped in some zones. So my "wish" for here would be more of them in some Areas, wich BIS should know, i think.

___

At the end i wish to say, i love ArmA.

Even in its uncompleted stage. Yah, it´s just a game, so some emotions might be not understood. But, there is just one game like this, so... it reminds me to a szene of LordoftheRings.

The beautiful Forrestfablefee telling Frodo whats about when she´d gets the ring^^. "All will instantly love my and will get mad..."

(or something like that^^...)

Here's the best suggestion yet:

MORE THAN ONE CONTROLLER INPUT DEVICE!!!11

I mean c'mon how hard can that really be?

1. SVD Dragunov fire rate like before (v 1.08). this is semi-automatic weapon, and should be able to shoot faster.

2. AI still too accurate, especially gunners on UAZs with MGs on the move, and AI troops at high distances.

3. since the first ArmA relase, something is wrong with the tank's engine sound, when switching from driver to the gunner position. if you switch too early (before tank completely stop), the engine works too fast (rps), and it's sound is too loud.

4. flight model sux during turn over the chopper (altlitude falls down too fast).

5. increase game fluency (movement, weapons change, binocular, etc.) and remove game lag (sometimes on lag seems like chopper falls down, while it's still flying).

6. increase visibility in choppers, especially Kamov (sometimes it's hard to distinguish the sky of ground/water, and easily to lost orientation). this is impossible to find any small targets like troops etc.: image1. also remove the damn panel in Ka-50 (can't see nothing looking at flank!): image2.

7. sound is still broken (can't hear all the sounds), when hardware acceleration or EAX is enabled (my sound card is nVidia Sound Storm), and it's not fixed since version 1.0!

8. while shooting from the corner of building, you hit that building, not the target you're aiming: video. it happens also while in prone position - if target is lower, bullets hits the ground not the target (especially frustrating when shooting AT launchers).

9. something's wrong while getting up, if I have binocular in hands. after get up, soldier put away binocular and take it on again, and again... so it takes so long: video. this is really annoying when sniping.

10. fix poor looking mp5 sight (noone like it nor use it): image1, image2.

11. add RH_AKS mod (image1, image2), or some new weapons, and maybe FDF_Sounds v. 1.2 (not 1.3) as default sounds?

12. go back to my bug list, and fix it all. good luck :P

13. I really hope that all will be fixed in ArmA2, or we get another the most bugged game ever.