Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

Dsf's unofficial stargate simulator

Build.jpg

Hi everyone, welcome to the first ARMA release of the DSF gates.

Now before we begin i will remind you, this release is ment to help with the creation of missions rather than a full addon so

treat it as such.

This release only has the following objects available:

The StarGate

DHD

Various Steps

All other objects have been removed for recoding, the objects included don't represent finished work as may are still alphas.

I have included with this release,

ReadMe.txt (amazingly)

Short List Of Gate Addresses.txt

Simple Gate Setup - With AI Triggers.Intro

Simple Gate Setup - With dialing triggers.Intro

DHD.jpg

dsf_sg_dhd.pbo

Symbol numbers.jpg

Earth.jpg

If you don't have one or more of these files then you have got a tampered download, please report it to dingmatt@ntlworld.com.

Now the example missions should show you how easy it is to give a gate a custom address (glyphs); add triggers which can be used

to dial a gate; and send AI units through the agtes via script.

The Short List Of Gate Addresses has been included to give you some know address combinations but remember you can always create your own

using the Symbol numbers.jpg as a reference.

Remember the DHD's are fully working, your Point of Origin (7th symbol) is located top left of the DHD dialog.

Download:

----------

THe Addon Can be Downloaded Here

<a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UR1J5NL6" target="_blank">

Mirror 1</a>

Mirror 2

Mirrors are welcome.

Installation:

-------------

Just copy into your Addons folder.

Disclaimer:

-----------

The DSF StarGate simulator is a scripted addon for Operation Flashpoint which has been unofficially created as a way for fans of the StarGate shows

to explore the Stargate as it is portrayed in the shows.

This addon is completely unofficial and though we have gone through great lengths to mimic its function as shown in the shows; its basis is down to

our own interpretation and may not be true to what SCI FI Channel or Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc intended.

Please do not host this addon on any other site as our disclaimer does not cover it.

This addon is intended as a unofficial simulation only and should be treated as such, please do not edit the contents of these files.

Good Work. I really enjoyed the Stargate stuff released for OFP and I'm sure will do in ArmA too. pistols.gif

Works brilliantly in SP!!

..but MP not yet..

Any chance of an MP version at some point soonish?

It's gonna be difficult testing missions for this without the basics operational.

Could anyone /the authorwho already downloaded it successful, upload it to rapidshare.com or any other free hoster?

For me the downlaod is 1kbs fast and crashes everytime sad_o.gif

I'm uploading to some mirrors now, As for MP... It will be added soon as soon as the dialing computer is ready.

Cool, thanks smile_o.gif Can't wait to play....and Mirror it :P

I love stargate , got every season on DVD...and the OFP Mod was excellent too.

YES!!

At last Stargate In ArmA, I was a big fan of the OFP Stargate Mod as I still am a big fan of Stargate. This is a nice project in my mind adds that little extra spice to ArmA, I hope you guys get the whole project done it would be fantastic.

Keep Up The Good Work,

Big-Rooney

WOW!!!

And we have the alien ufo's to go with this, what a great addon!..

notworthy.gif

Damn! That's awesome!

All we need now is for someone to make a P90 model, and then we can make SG-1 based missions!

I've added another clip to youtube showing off some new effects, if anyones interested.

Very awesome work. Deffinitly looking forward to this. Longtime fan of Stargate SG1. Can't waite for more stuff to play around with. One thing though, is there a problem with wide screen monitors when you enter the gate and the wormhole video plays? For some reason on my PC I see the video play in a smaller box, and around the left and right sides, I still see the background...  like my characters rifle and the dirt, sky, ect.

I'll sort that out in the next build for you.

In the meantime, i've added a new effect to the gate; Would appriciate everyone opinion on it.

Cheers in advanced

This is Great addon ,but can u make better effect when gate opens , i mean that water splash like . If u got better effect will be totally awesome  xmas_o.gif