Sign in to follow this  
tumble_dry

Bsod - other threads didnt work

The First BOSD happened while I was downloading patches. I decided i'd check out the game while I waited. It got to the last two check Marks and my Computer Restarted. I knew It was a BSOD because this happens all the time with STALKERS.

It was a 0x0000008e Stop, I did lots of research and tried just about every step possible. So here I am now asking for anything else.

I tried Patch 1.08 - BSOD

1.09 Beta - BSOD

Compatibility - BSOD

Updated all Drivers - BSOD

OpenAL Drivers - BSOD

No CD rom Emulation running - BSOD (oh yea its a

legal copy )

I replaced my old memory with a friends known working memory

BSOD

Also, This and Stalkers are the only games that reboot my computer when I try to run them. I will flip my lid if I reformat my computer and the Game still doesnt run. So Im going to save that option for last.

Ok so heres my stats,

3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

AGP X8 Rad X1600 256 DDR3

160 GIGs of free Space

Need anything Else? Just ask.

Few extra things

I sent SecureROM that file thing. They said it wasn't their end.

Should I try that memory handling code in the EXE?

EDIT: Mem Handling did nothing. goodnight.gifgoodnight.gifgoodnight.gifgoodnight.gifgoodnight.gif

But you said it rebooted while you were downloading a patch?

Is it rebooting or BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) ?

And Stalker makes it do it.I suspect you have a hdd getting hot/failing.

(Prolly likely to reboot when you start a game while everything loading)

Otherwise...failing powersupply, or your cpu is getting hot (have you blown out dust lately)

Possibly have dust around your hd too is all.

Could also just be the location of your components (video card close to cpu, video blocking air to hdd etc..)

And swapping your mem with a friends doesn't eliminate memory problem especially you have a wrong setting in your bios or they are similiar type of memory altogether

often BSOD´s can be a software errors too. check out your event log to see whats happening.

If hardware seems fine (check CPU and GFX temps while playing)

i recommend an fresh install of windows

u should run memtest for ur ram sticks. if they´re BAD then ur windows install is more than likely to be corrupted (i u used those bad sticks when installing windows)

It restarts because the option "Automatic Restart on System Failure" was on. When I turned it off I got a BSOD

It cant be dust and it Cant be heat. Both are not a problem.

I think I said it but ill say it again. This and stalkers are the only games that do this. I can Run COD4, all the source games, WoW, Ect fine with out a single problem.

Why is that?

Ill try a fresh install of Windows.

Did you also check for chipset / BIOS updates?

Also various different drivers for sound or gfx could

prolly help out.

It might be software related if a BSOD occurs, but then

this is just because the software hits a region where no

other softwarez was before. wink_o.gif

Sounds very logic for both: ArmA and Stalker - so maybe

the other proggies which are running fine for you don't

touch the faulty adress spaces, where the BSOD is comming from.

~S~ CD

What would be important to know is which system component is causing the BSOD. Either you can try to find this information burried somewhere in System admin Event logs, or you can disable the automatic restarting and write the name of the driver by hand (there should be something like XXXX.DLL - Address YYYYY or XXXX.SYS - Address YYYY or XXXXX.WDM - Address YYYY).

Once you know the driver name and address, it might be possible to give an advice about what to do to to prevent the error.

What would be important to know is which system component is causing the BSOD. Either you can try to find this information burried somewhere in System admin Event logs, or you can disable the automatic restarting and write the name of the driver by hand (there should be something like XXXX.DLL - Address YYYYY or XXXX.SYS - Address YYYY or XXXXX.WDM - Address YYYY).

Once you know the driver name and address, it might be possible to give an advice about what to do to to prevent the error.

Thanks Suma,

The event log was weird, It looked liked my system had 3 different errors when I launched the game.

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 84f17550, parameter3 a639f294, parameter4 00000000.

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 862cb4c0, parameter3 a6db2294, parameter4 00000000.

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 fdb63ed8, parameter3 a70d8294, parameter4 00000000.

Here is the full BSOD text

0x0000008e 0xc00005 0x82acc470 0xa6e1sz94 0x00000000

>> Chris Death

Do you think a format would fix it?

In your windows directory there should be a directory called minidump. Every time Windows BSODs a log is created there. If you zip up your last 5 or so errors and upload them here I will take a look at them and tell you what is going wrong.

The minidump log indicates that your BSOD is probably being caused by a fault with your Creative sound driver. What soundcard do you have?

There are a couple of things you can do to try to sort this out. Firstly see if there are any updated sound card drivers and try installing them and giving the game another shot.

If that doesn't work, you can try disabling the hardware acceleration and EAX in-game. to do that find your profile in My Documents\ArmA, open your profile in notepad, and where it says

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=1;

change the 1 to 0 for both, and then save the file.

You can also try turning your hardware acceleration level in DxDiag down to see if that helps, as you said it happens in a few games and is not specific to ArmA.

But first try installing newer sound drivers.

And the chipset drivers like mentioned above (Chris Death)