Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Addons v0.80 released

@Shadow NX

They look pretty good for a 15 min PS session. I want them... and if you could spend another 15 mins for the other side as well. wink_o.gif

They´re really great! Totally looking like the snow camo BW & KSK use thumbs-up.gif

Cheers Guys! Another present for this year!

@ Mr Burns,

Cheers for the unit tip!

Works a treat!

Hmhmh, yes I'm happy to have these addons... I was pointing out an inconsistency in your work, nothing else. I mean at least get the name right tounge2.gif

Next step for ArmA community would be to get this

http://tietokannat.mil.fi/maavoim....dth=640

into ArmA. By the way notice the trousers and jackets of the men in the picture: they are all white.

Hi, is there any way I can use winter kolgujev "outside" cwr?

I would really like to use it with normal arma.

Thanks.

MfG Lee snowman.gif

Thanks.

MfG Lee [im]http://lee.plankton.ch/snowman.gif[/img]

Basically: No. But you can delete some pbos... I think it should run with only cwr.pbo, all roads, buildings, signs etc pbos, island.pbo and its own pbo. Not tested, though.

Please do not redistribute it (read license). wink_o.gif

Hmhmh, yes I'm happy to have these addons... I was pointing out an inconsistency in your work, nothing else. I mean at least get the name right tounge2.gif

Next step for ArmA community would be to get this

into ArmA. By the way notice the trousers and jackets of the men in the picture: they are all white.

Feel free to start working on them, I'm sure your effords will be appreciated. wink_o.gif

Thanks.

MfG Lee [im]http://lee.plankton.ch/snowman.gif[/img]

Basically: No. But you can delete some pbos... I think it should run with only cwr.pbo, all roads, buildings, signs etc pbos, island.pbo and its own pbo. Not tested, though.

Please do not redistribute it (read license). wink_o.gif

Should only use the _w pbo's, island.pbo and cwr.pbo xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]edit: Holy crap! Too much deja vu´s ...

Also found the biggest xmas tree ever!

wink_o.gif Did you ever try to watch xmas tree at nighttime? xmas_o.gif

At the risk of embarrassing myself...

I installed the CWR and at the end of the installation I deselected to run the MOD and clicked ok so I can view the readme.txt

I think looked for a shortcut to run the mod. I found none on my desktop or my start menu.

I'll make my own shortcut but thought for sure one would have been made for me. Am I just tired from coding all day long and I cannot find it? If so please point it out.

Thanks!

VM

VM, install the hotfix. Or just use the following shortcut to start the game:

beta\arma.exe -mod=beta;cwr -world=abel -nosplash

At the risk of embarrassing myself...

I installed the CWR and at the end of the installation I deselected to run the MOD and clicked ok so I can view the readme.txt

I think looked for a shortcut to run the mod. I found none on my desktop or my start menu.

I'll make my own shortcut but thought for sure one would have been made for me. Am I just tired from coding all day long and I cannot find it? If so please point it out.

Thanks!

VM

Yap, we forgot to add it in the final build. Get it here.

But still I think that we didn't break that much in the last 24h, compared to what we changed... more than 10 issues popped up and were successfully fixed... biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

xmas_o.gif Super addons!  Thanks so much.

If you haven't checked the Xmas tree closely, scope out the presents. I had to go prone and creep in but it was worth it.  Very cute. wink_o.gif

I am getting a lot of joy out of your great addons.   yay.gif

Is it just me, or is the sun glare VERY strong on Winter Kolgujev? Maybe it's the snow or something that enhances it. I don't experience this on other islands.

kolgujevuv3.th.jpg

Snow indeed reflects light in real nature (much more than the materials you usually have around you on the ground). It can happen so that your eyes start hurting and your vision will suffer if you are surrounded by lots of snow and the sun is shining from a clear sky.

I don't know if that is an intended effect or an accident in that virtual island, though. And doesn't look natural to me.

Is it just me, or is the sun glare VERY strong on Winter Kolgujev? Maybe it's the snow or something that enhances it. I don't experience this on other islands.

Sakura-chan released a Non Blinding sun mod a while ago. This could help. Heinbloed also released something similar, but i don't know if he posted/linked it here in the forum.

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Snow indeed reflects light in real nature (much more than the materials you usually have around you on the ground). It can happen so that your eyes start hurting and your vision will suffer if you are surrounded by lots of snow and the sun is shining from a clear sky.

I know, but it still shouldn't be quite that strong. A few things spring into mind:

a) the snow material reflectiveness (specularity or what ever it is) may be too high, this might be difficult to set correctly because BIS didn't really intend ArmA to have snowy maps and so didn't optimize the sun glare for such conditions

b) the ArmA sun is too "bright" (or something) compared to real or OFP sun (as Sahrani is a very hot place)

c) or maybe the island configuration doesn't place it on a northern enough latitude, if even in December (game calendar) the day is very long and sun rises high - I don't know if this parameter affects the sun brightness, though...

There are solutions to this, though: in very cloudy weather or at dawn, dusk or night the problem doesn't occur. But hopefully it can be fixed proper for W.Kolgujev and other snowy maps. smile_o.gif

Hi guys,

I seem to be having trouble getting this running.

My target line in 'Launch ArmA Beta Patch' is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;CWR -world=abel -nosplash

Here's what my ArmA directory looks like:

ArmA Directory

And here's the error message when I run 'cwr_on_ArmA_betapatch":

Error message

Any ideas? And this is on the 1.09.5028 beta patch.

Thanks,

Hauk

Indeed. This is why men going "whiteshod" [should] have

shades or tinted goggles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am trying to play this mod with 1.14 but i keep getting no ammo. i.e the character i play and his squad mates have no ammo for their rifles ect even though there is magazines when you go to to the gear section.

But rpgs and laws ect seem to be fine.It's just the rifles where there is a problem.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there is any possible add on conflict or how to get rid of this really annoying occurence.

Cheers, impi

That definitely sounds like a conflict. What other Mod Folders are you running and do you have anything else exceptthe vanilla .pbo's in the AddOns folder in the main directory?

I remember having this problem a long time ago and it had to do with a stray replacement file or maybe it was one of the very first BTR-80 releases done at the beginning. There was a user made vehicle that caused this to happen in one of the original beta versions. Not sure exactly which one, I just thought of BTR-80 first. Could be another very well.

I've got truemods implemented.And I've got a ton of additional pbos in my add ons folder , so I guess I will have to reinstall the game and go from there, unless somebody can tell me the exact pbos to remove

thanks, Impi