Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

Click 'Advanced'

...is that enough for you?

One report, I'm not sure if this is an ArmA bug or CWR, but when shooting the M113 with the abrams and you're firing HEATs it won't do a thing. But once you fire a sabot it explodes.

I had two disabled M113s in my patrol and well, their constant moving in circles even when there was no crew in, was pissing me off, and so, I decided to blow them up. But 10 HEATs didn't do a thing.

Ist this - CWR - an official modification for Arma ?

Enjoyed the new patch and the CWR demo. It's the first I've tinkered with (yes, not played) ArmA in a while, because I've got a low-spec video card. Kegetys low-plants addon seemed to help.

Has anyone thought of importing that OFP Demo Nostalgia pack, I think it was called, that The Avon Lady compiled and distributed? It was a collection of hacked OFP demo missions that the user community altered with hex-editors.

Someone enlarge the MP5SD! It's too small. The model looks great. It just needs to be bigger.

If anybody wants to know what U.S. Army soldiers in the mid-80's were wearing at various degrees of cold weather, just message me. Seems like that may need to be addressed for Winter Kolgujev.

The RHS Hind works great with this addon. No complaints.

Enjoyed the new patch and the CWR demo.  It's the first I've tinkered with (yes, not played) ArmA in a while, because I've got a low-spec video card.  Kegetys low-plants addon seemed to help.

Has anyone thought of importing that OFP Demo Nostalgia pack, I think it was called, that The Avon Lady compiled and distributed?  It was a collection of hacked OFP demo missions that the user community altered with hex-editors.

Someone enlarge the MP5SD!  It's too small.  The model looks great.  It just needs to be bigger.

If anybody wants to know what U.S. Army soldiers in the mid-80's were wearing at various degrees of cold weather, just message me.  Seems like that may need to be addressed for Winter Kolgujev.

The RHS Hind works great with this addon.  No complaints.

Believe it's already been done in the CRW mission sharing thread.

Click 'Advanced'

You don't have this option on CWR,and thats what im talkin about. banghead.gif

Can somebody help me please!?

Click 'Advanced'

You don't have this option on CWR,and thats what im talkin about. banghead.gif

Can somebody help me please!?

It's showing for me in the lower left hand corner

CWR_Advanced.jpg

Nice news, guys. Allthough it's a just demo, good work.

But, I've got some mentions:

-soviet officer: wrong cap model and strange coat textures. The same goes to General Guba model;

-spetsnaz: cap model doesn't look like real one used by our troops in Middle Asian districts at all;

-OFP ports: oh, you sholdn't do it at all))) even if you planned x-mas release;

-Carl Gustav and "something named AT-4" (in real life RPO-A flamethrower wink_o.gif ) wrong handling anims.

And one more mention: Soviet infantrymen carried such uniform only in Middle Asian districts and Afghanistan, only some VDV and Naval Infantry troops carried KZM suits in European districts.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=CWR -world=abel -nosplash

and

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=beta;CWR -world=abel -nosplash

and even

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=CWR;beta -world=abel -nosplash

You must use the new exe which is located in the beta folder, so change your shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=beta;CWR -world=abel -nosplash

Quote[/b] ]

"something named AT-4" (in real life RPO-A flamethrower)

What are you talking about?

AT-4 everywhere I look is designated variously, but mostly as:

NATO: AT-4 Spigot and AT-4A Spigot A

wire-guided anti-tank missile of the Soviet Union.

RPO-A is a different weapon:

RPO-A Shmel (Bumblebee)

man-portable rocket launcher - thermobaric warhead

I don't see anything about a flame-thrower in any

description of this weapon.

Whatever the arguments about the weapons names, you have to remember one little thing,.....CWR is about bringing the old OFP to Arma, including all the weapons definitions and names, no matter if the name is deemed by some to be inaccurate, it is the name from OFP......we put it in.

Reason?..........If we start changing classnames we will break any missions that use the old names.....understand......good.

Handling anims are just perfect the way they are, or as perfect as they will be for the demo, seeing as how they are mostly all from ArmA anyway as we have not done any animations for soldier units to my knowledge.

Somewhere in this topic it was already mentioned that most of the Elite models are placeholders, for any eventual new replacement models that are done.

This statement still holds true no matter who is reading the topic........you did read the topic didn't you?

Planck

Nice news, guys. Allthough it's a just demo, good work.

But, I've got some mentions:

-soviet officer: wrong cap model and strange coat textures. The same goes to General Guba model;

-spetsnaz: cap model doesn't look like real one used by our troops in Middle Asian districts at all;

-OFP ports: oh, you sholdn't do it at all))) even if you planned x-mas release;

-Carl Gustav and "something named AT-4" (in real life RPO-A flamethrower wink_o.gif ) wrong handling anims.

And one more mention: Soviet infantrymen carried such uniform only in Middle Asian districts and Afghanistan, only some VDV and Naval Infantry troops carried KZM suits in European districts.

Please provide any reference to how you think things "should" be if your going to lodge a complaint about the accuracy.

Don't expect anything to change without providing supporting material.

Edited for tone. icon_rolleyes.gif

Planck, I'm talking about VERY OLD mistake, that was in OFP - the so-called AT-4 was man-portable and the model represents the RPO-A huh.gif I've expected more realistic presentation of Soviet Army in CWR, but it's very sad to see some old errors of early OFP, when 9K111 "Fagot" (AT-4) was using RPO-A model... I didn't mean that it has wrong name, it has wrong model and class in general since OFP times. I think it's great idea to bring second life to OFP story by CWR, but I'm against from bringing old bugs to the new stuff.

As for the handling anims, the aren't perfect because soldier handles LAW just the same way as Carl Gustav allthough they are totally different weapons... I know it's just demo, so I want the bugs to be corrected, nothing else.

Ebud, as for the spetsnaz hats and officer's cap, look at the Psykke's soviet infantry (OFP) addon. But if you want, I'll post here some links to additional photos.

I agree with Spooky in that the original OFP's infantry ATGM's were a travesty. Shoulder launched ATGM's in 1985? Carl Gustav a homing weapon?

But then again, I see CWR mainly as a facsimile reproduction of CWC in ArmA engine, so I don't see it as their fault that OFP wasn't the paragon of realism. It has also to be considered that what exactly would the "AT-4" model be replaced with. The real Spigot tube wouldn't fit very well for that purpose.

at4.jpg

That wouldn't work, and it doesn't have to since CWR is not a reproduction of reality.

Ebud, as for the spetsnaz hats and officer's cap, look at the Psykke's soviet infantry (OFP) addon. But if you want, I'll post here some links to additional photos.

PM me anything as I don't have OFP installed anymore to look ay any ofp addons. I DID use reference material to edit these. It's not like I took things out of thin air.

Osprey - Elite 005 - Soviet Bloc Elite Forces

Osprey-Elite-012-Inside the Soviet Army Today

Also some things are just based on elite and parts of elite models brought over to ARMA. If things were wrong in elite then that would carry over. I've been in the U.S. military during the 80's and have studied it for years so any errors in Soviet units can be chalked up to lack of knowledge on what units would have been in that theater.

Good to see ya back in action Ebud! Osprey is generally a pretty reliable reference source. My mod (the Lost Brothers) has alot of the Osprey reference material that we use on the IDF and Arab forces.

But.... I have to agree about the AT-4 in OFP and in this mod. The easiest thing to do is to rename it RPO-A and find some nifty scripter who can give it a BIG explosion effect as is the norm with thermobaric warheads. That in a nutshell would solve that little problem.

As for the uniforms.... that is more difficult. Keep in mind that ALOT of reference sources on the old USSR are incorrect due to disinformation tactics practiced by the Soviet Union. But I have no problems with the OFP Spetnsaz uniforms and have always liked the bandanas tied around the head...a very common practice in alot of Russian SF and regular infantry units in the field. Granted in Afghanistan they often used very different uniforms...but that was in Afghanistan. East Germany and the European front was a very different picture.

But anyhoo... keep up the great work Ebud. I trust your expertise and your passion for realism.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Probably the simplest RPO/AT-4 is to replace them altogether with an RPG-7V loaded with a correct PG-7VR(the arma bis one is incorrect) which is essentially the same round as RPG-29 but with a different rocket motor, though im not particulary sure of the of its introduction. Another is to replace it with the disposable RPG-26 or 27 but like the PG-7VR i don't know its date either.

On the BMP-1 the real one i beleive it is not cappable of firing any type of sabot(apfsds/apds) due its low pressure gun having a very low muzzle velocity in comparison to a traditional tank gun. Also the Sagger ATGM seems to fly to fast also.

[EDIT] AT-3 Sagger 115 m/s (average) 200 m/s (maximum)[EDIT]

Please don't think im not happy with CWR i am very greatful and looking forward to future releases.

I think that the problem with changing too much from OFP is that the CWR guys want this to be as compatible as possible with old OFP missions. This means that, since balance is primarily a mission maker's problem in ofp, that for the missions to remain balanced, the original values and methods of use have to be used- like, if a mission relies heavily on the unrealistic, shoulder launched ATGMs, if CWR doesn't use them, the mission will be broken. Fortunately, neither of the campaigns in CWC nor Res use those weapons.

Personally, I find ArmA to be an improvement in many ways and would have opted to use more ArmA than OFP, and would have attempted to make an automated mission converted a la WGL. I, however, am not a programmer and am basically speaking out of my ass.

CWR is making OFP in ARMA, not making top-realistic mod, so this discussion about RPO and other can be quit - CWR is not about realism, about realism will be other release wink_o.gif

CWR is about original OFP

OFP had many many bugs

in real life - Carl Gustav is not guided launcher, it is strong, but not guided

in real life AT-4 Spigot is operated by team, not single man, single man cannot hold all this stuff, and it not fires from shoulder

in real life AK do not have "burst" mode , burst mode have Polish Tantal and Beryl AK variants on 5.45 and 5.56 ammo

in real life usual Soviet soldier had no chickom (chest pouches), he had webbing and pouch for AK mags on right and pouch for grenades on left side , also in real life most of Soviet troops were wearing khaki/beige uniforms

in real life PK and PKM are different in look, while in CWR there is class PK while model represents PKM (difference between PK and PKM is like between AK and AKM, very well seen on receiver, diferent end of barrel, top cover)

in real life AKS-74U because of it is destination is not weapon to be used at ranges 500m, but BIS made even in ARMA only difference in model only, not in range and seriously in dispersion

by the way - but this is off topic - BIS made AKS-74U with silencer and called it AKS-74UN while in REAL "N" means it has rail to mount optics ! sorry for offtopic about ARMA mistakes wink_o.gif

p.s.

RPG-75 which in OFP was given to soviet troops is Czech launcher, Soviets use RPG-7, not 75NH which was Czechoslovak

CWR made new user interface, Malden - and this is great

vilas pretty much came to the point.

Our main goal is to bring back OFP (and its feeling) into ArmA, not making it a hyper realistic conversion. However I think we can fix the one or other smaller glitch which does not affect gameplay or the original OFP experience like the PK named PKM etc.

Saying this I think we should keep the current KZM camo even though it might not be the correct one as Spooky Lynx pointed out, but they were part of the OFP look and feel.

Smaller issues like not correctly named Weapons, vehicles etc. can be fixed but changing the behaviour of the weapons (e.g. Carl Gustav) shouldn't be touched as this affect gameplay.

Well thank you all!

But it's feels different to play those old standard missions in new ArmA. Somehow the grass is nice but it's a little bit to yellow. From my point of view it's like fall/autumn on the other hand those green trees look more like spring and summer. Maybe fit it bit more with units camo.  smile_o.gif

The best variant could be "4 seasons islands grass,foliage etc."

The beaches are full of mussels - didn't find the bigger one's yet and of course Eva, Kamila, Lucie, Marketa and Nada in bikini.  wink_o.gif

Keep up good + hard working!

Guys, I am not against KZM camo. But as for the officer's model, it looks like officer wears new trousers but very old jacket)))

Well it may be wrong, but it's the heavy burlap canvas jacket over the thinner material KLMK oversuit. I'm not sure what you mean by old jacket. It might be wrong, but something like this was done for OFP and VBS so that is why I went that route.

EDIT: I do appreciate the info you and Vilas have given even if it doesn't seem so.

Just thought I'd drop my two cents into the mix...(as I've been really busy lately) I haven't had time to install the mod yet, but judging from the screenshots and promo shots you fellas did a great job.

Everything OFP would be awesome. Even if it's 'not entirely correct.' I agree, and I like the mod twenty-times as much for doing just that.

PS: The grass looks AWESOME.

Great job and thanks  notworthy.gif