Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

I'm a Flashpoint fan since the demo in 2001 and I love your mod!

I had some constant ctds in Ambush, but i figured how to avoid them and I don't care anymore.

The only thing I'd like to change are the ofpe voices, thoug i know it's not up to you guys.

Anyway, excellent work!

Sorry for missspelings, to much christmas alcohol... cheers!

CWR team: Ignore the flamers, its a bloody good mod, the best IMO. Cant wait for the full version smile_o.gif

Will try disabling EAX tomorrow on Ambush and hopefully i'll be able to play it smile_o.gif Played a few MP games too ! Was good fun biggrin_o.gif just had to disable grass because of low FPS.

Great stuff guys, ignore the flamers, they're the vast minority. The silent majority LOVE it! biggrin_o.gif

Merry Christmas smile_o.gifinlove.gif

Christmans spirait has envaded me ! xmas_o.gifwhistle.gif

I'm sorry, if it was legal we'd have it done this way long ago. I removed your link.

Quote[/b] ]§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

CWR, though, captures the spirit of OFP and improves upon a lot of the graphical aspects that are now- how can I put it any other way- repulsive.

You're so right, pal!

Even though I never gave much about good graphics...

But this game became a whole different thing since the 24th of december... "This game", because somehow I can't call it Armed Assault anymore, don't know why...

I'm confused... Don't know anymore, what I am playing.

Congratulations to all the hard workers responsible of this icon14.gif

Now Sanct, give us some of your great animations. biggrin_o.gif

Wow! Thank you for this and heres my comments.

Installed fine , no crashing and smooth play for me

(PIV 3.0 G,1 gig ddr400,nvidia 7600gs 512m,Winxp home,Arma Beta 1.09, no loplants,have QC but not using shortcut)

Plays fine for me, I already had eax disabled,hardware accel enabled, very smooth and very nice work

Brings back old memories and the christmas trees distracted me and I got shot

I love the Jeep just the way it is, it looks better than I recall from OFP

Thank you and Merry Christmas all

(now how am I gonna spend time with family?)

Some comments, things I have noticed that you may already be aware of. I'm bringing you this information without prejudice.

The very rugged terrain of Malden, combined with the lowfi mesh, makes some areas seem very jagged and polygonal. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about that, as I hear tell that the islands are generated procedurally using a variety of different maps, including a displacement map.

I really like the black ops models. I wasn't sure about them when I saw screens for the first time, but in motion they look great. I have a couple of comments about the ones in black: When they are in direct sunlight, their shirt texture seems to have too much light information (shading, painted in), especially around the insides of the elbows. Also, there's a little much shadow on the neck of the model, which appear as black smears on their necks where their collars are on each sides. Also on the blackops model, the rolled up balaclava on their heads, there is what looks to be a very obvious tiled/repeating knit texture when you see it in harsh lighting conditions.

One last thing that may just be culture shock coming back from ArmA to OFP. The silenced mp5 is a straight up death machine. It seems that one 9mm from it from a pretty decent range is all that it requires to kill, and it's highly accurate (as I recall from ofp). This high damage seems to mean that it can vapourize a uaz in around 2 clips, which seems a little low to me, or blast out its tires with a bullet or two.

Thanks again for this mod, I love it. I'm submitting this information to try to help you, not hinder!

Some comments, things I have noticed that you may already be aware of. I'm bringing you this information without prejudice.

I'm submitting this information to try to help you, not hinder!

These are the kind of comments that are needed, thank you.

I really don't know why people are having CTD's.

I've been playing CWR all the afternoon with no CTD.

Finished all the SP missions, played some MP, with absolutely nothing else but shivers down the spine and some heavy drooling tounge2.gif

However, I've tried to launch ArmA today, without CWR, seems like the whole installation has been corrupted: as soon as I'm supposed to get on the main menu, CTD, with, without beta or mods.

Think I'll reinstall.

A few things I noticed playing CWR:

1) Grenadiers are fairly innaccurate or the grenades do low damage/low splash, but grenadiers still only get the OFP loadout of 3 grenades, making them somewhat useless. It might be worthwhile to increase the power of the grenades or give more to the grenadiers.

2) Machine guns have fairly low recoil (when standing, esp the M60), making them either unbalanced+too powerful or a godsend for engaging enemies at 300+ meters, depending on how you feel when playing. the standing recoil should perhaps be adjusted, but at least keeping the low recoil while prone is necessary to make the weapon useful for engaging distant enemies.

3) Medics only have four slots (like original ofp) while all other classes have 12. Perhaps since all classes have 2 more slots than in ofp, the medics should have 6 slots instead of 4?

4) '12.7mm machinegun' has an m240ish rate of fire and uses the m240 sound from Arma. perhaps these should have the same rate of fire and sound as the .50 cal browning machinegun? I recall that they did in OFP...

5) Tanks have HEAT ammo loaded before SABOT ammo, so they seem to engage both infantry and other tanks with the heat. Scary for infantry, not too scary for tanks. I think OFP loaded sabot first, then heat.

edit:

6) VOX Sound sample for west LAW and AT soldiers is "aa soldier"

7) Carl gustav takes up two inventory slots instead of 6.

Overall, CWR is a very tense experience. I converted over a few of the CWC campaign missions to CWR and it was a very different feel from both OFP and arma. Much more deadly at long ranges, and perhaps because of the grass, camo, or overall muted colors, enemies tend to blend into the terrain better and snipe from long range, making the game very frightening and tense. I don't seem to have the same feeling in vanilla arma, which is more frustration than fear. CWR's fearful atmosphere is very enjoyable. Also, the graphics are stunning and have a wonderfully drab feel, which is a nice change from arma's bright and clashing color schemes. It actually felt like the camo of both sides blended nicely into the terrain.

(CWC mission 19 "Turning the Tide" is a great one to convert and play in CWR. Most unpbo'ed OFP missions work well in CWR as long as the T80's get turned into T72's, and the mi24's into mi17's, etc in the mission.sqm. Just make sure to use an OFP pbo tool to unpack the missions before editing...)

Great job guys!

I cant play CWR!

everytime the game crashes after 10 mins of gameplay. no matter if im using maxmem vm or the mix of the two i get arma has encoutered an error and needs to close. im running the with beta;cwr and no mods loaded banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I was just wondering to myself if I was the first one to do a controlled barrel roll in a helicopter over Malden earlier. Since those involved in its creation have had this for a while, maybe not- but I'm certainly the first to boast about it!

The_Captain, further to the muted colour scheme, I think that since Malden is at a different latitude than Sahrani, the sun is at a different height and intensity, which makes the colours less intense. The bean counter in me really does love this engine.

Thanks guys smile_o.gif

@The_Captain: Thanks for the reports, we'll try to fix those issues. As said already, we're not going to change the loadout of the units (i.e. Grenadiers), but we could make nades a bit stronger.

Note that there are many AI changes in 1.09, so it possibly is not CWR what made ArmA less frustrating wink_o.gif

any1 now what might be the issue for me. im running the game odd from the cwr_betapatch.bat and tried with just beta:cwr.

no lowplants. i get CTD after about 5mins in ambush mission.

btw beta patch seems to be running without probs.

any1 now what might be the issue for me. im running the game odd from the cwr_betapatch.bat and tried with just beta:cwr.

Did you try turning off EAX and hardware accel? huh.gif

A couple of more things I have noticed:

The 73mm gun of the bmp-1 seems an identical ballistic match to the machinegun, meaning you can feasibly spot your own cannon with the coax machinegun. I don't know how it was in OFP, I just noticed that.

When fired without a lock, the 9k11 guided missile of the BMP-1 flies to the moon or something. I think later on in OFP, it operated the same as the TOW when launched from the ground- it would seek to the centre of the reticle, sort of. In reality, that missile is an MCLOS missile and requires the operator to fly the missile like a remote controlled aircraft to target, similar to the german guided missile designs of ww2.

A couple of more things I have noticed:

The 73mm gun of the bmp-1 seems an identical ballistic match to the machinegun, meaning you can feasibly spot your own cannon with the coax machinegun. I don't know how it was in OFP, I just noticed that.

it´s same thing with the M1A1..

you can use the MG to spot the cannon rounds..

Did you try turning off EAX and hardware accel? huh.gif

nope, will try that later on. GJ on the mod tough brings me back to OFP inlove.gifinlove.gif

I don't know if this is intended, but the SpecOps are equiped with time-bombs rather than regular pipe-bomb satchel charges. Not a huge problem, but it would make some of the CWC missions difficult if it's still there in the full version. Having charges detonate automatically after 2 minutes makes it hard to synchronize your attacks.

Quote[/b] ]

I don't know if this is intended, but the SpecOps are equiped with time-bombs rather than regular pipe-bomb satchel charges.

This is intended because the original SoldierWSaboteur was also equipped with "TimeBomb"

SoldierWSaboteurDay and SoldierWSaboteurPipe however were equipped with "PipeBomb".

However I don't see a problem, because I tried with both BlackOp and BlackOp (Day) and both were able to lay their satchel charges and were able to either set the time or just plant them and detonate later, in other worlds the method of detonation is selectable from the action menu just like in OFP.

Planck

Just noticed:

In the Ambush mission, it can't be the camp of Lolisse they're talking about.

Lolisse is totally to the north - or there's an error on the map.

And the Officer has a weird nose.