Sign in to follow this  
MehMan

Selections, import anims

It'd be nice if the damn selection screen wouldn't jump back to the start whenever you delete a selection.

When you import an anim from RTM I would love to see that you wouldn't have to reimport it each time you make a change in the weight map/selections, would be a good time saver and it would offer people to see changes they make on the fly and increase productivity, plus save me a lot of stress because I can't get the damn thing right and reimporting the anim every time doesn't help too.

A proper undo function is essential. The current undo is counter productive. I do one selection wrong, one single face by accident that I cannot simply deselect with one click and that means the WHOLE DAMN SELECTION is deselected. THE WHOLE DAMN THING! This does not help.

you know, maybe it's a better idea to create a topic about bribging new character model in arma ? and ask all the questions there wink_o.gif i'm also sure that there's better way to skin the character in arma, we just don't know it. thus i suggest to stop wating your time on the man model and focus on the vehicles for a while

Well this is the troubleshooting and hopefully this kind of things will be implemented in future version. Hopefully.

Indeed there's probably a better way to skin a character, but currently I'm left with no alternative. I'd like to get this done by christmas and I don't want to just ditch it. But luckly I've been making some progress finally, decided to not follow the other models in selections, but rather the skeleton provided and now things work way better! YAY!

I'm still pissed about the undo function and selections.

I do one selection wrong, one single face by accident that I cannot simply deselect with one click and that means the WHOLE DAMN SELECTION is deselected. THE WHOLE DAMN THING! This does not help.

Try this...

Select 'Spine' in the selections listing.

Flick to 'vert-mode' by pressing 'F4'.

Hold down the Left Ctrl key.

Mouse-drag a 'selection' box around various vertices and they will get 'added' to the currently hightlight verts.

Hold down Ctrl-Shift to deselect verts from those currently selected.

Also, with faces/verts selected in the view port try hitting 'T' for 'touch face'. Go around 'touching' / left clicking on faces while holding down the Ctrl key to add to selected and ctrl-shift to remove from selected...

I know, I know, but I'm so used to Max that when I get into a spot like that it's a reflex motion to hit ctrl+z and thus reverts my whole selection problem.

On a side note, does anybody know how to use turn edges? I've been playing with it and I just can't get it to work.

Quote[/b] ]On a side note, does anybody know how to use turn edges? I've been playing with it and I just can't get it to work.

create a plane. triangulate it. Now with turn edges feature you can turn the edge , i.e triangulate the square differently

I know, I know, but I'm so used to Max that when I get into a spot like that it's a reflex motion to hit ctrl+z and thus reverts my whole selection problem.

On a side note, does anybody know how to use turn edges? I've been playing with it and I just can't get it to work.

A Max User huh? How well do you know Max Script?

It ranges from "What is Max script" to "I have no clue at all". But I should learn it one day, it looks extremely usefull and if I could wrap my head around it I bet I could make my O2 life a bit easier.