Sign in to follow this  
suma

Search for a best memory handling

Im a bit wondered that the changelog of ArmA says the "vista x64 4gb" bug has been solved but still have an issue with ArmA - btw: exactly the very same as last year, when we did found out that ArmA has primary an issue with 4GB and not with vista itself.

Yes, this is already confirmed, it happens with ATI cards in full-screen mode only. Until we provide a fix, the workaround is to run windowed, or to limit the memory on boot.

Yeah found it out meanwhile that it runs in window mode - but how can i adjust the size of the window? in the video options there is no settings for it and the commandline switch -x -y dont seem to work.

anything i have missed? wink_o.gif

regards

Simon

PS: Any schedule for the ati fix? btw: congrats that you finally decided to fix that annoying 64bit4gb problem. i was positively suprised when i read that that particular problem has been fixed. at least you working on it. smile_o.gif i got to admit that i gave up last year. do you know that i have ArmA since day0 as collectors edition and preordered it those days and never played it till today?! never had a chance to, because of the 4gb problem? finally i can at least lurk into it. and hopefully i can play it fullscreen in near future. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah found it out meanwhile that it runs in window mode - but how can i adjust the size of the window?

You can do that clicking the application icon in the window upper bar, on the left, and selecting "Size" from the menu. Then, press the down arrow key and then the right arrow key. Now resize the window moving the mouse, confirm with a click.

This will keeps the aspect ratio. You can do this also for only an axis (up/down, left/right) but then you have to choose another ratio in the options/graphics menu. Just play with it for a while.

*grin* yeahh i know that way. but i havent tried it after the arrow did not change although it was over the window-edge.

then i read somewhere that the arrow wont change and so i did ignore it and tried resizing it and it worked.

hmm a bit unusual to play in a window, but it runs smooth on "nearly" 1680x1050 while a complete xp professional machine is emulated in the background running my fax and scan station. smile_o.gif

ArmA everything on maximum.

now lets wait for the hopefully soon coming 4gb/ati-patch and im a lot more lucky man. wink_o.gif

Simon

Just curious...anyone here running 4GB with Win XP Pro 32-bit and using the /3GB switch to make more RAM available to apps?

I used it for a short while but just abandoned using it after a rebuild. It made some small 3rd party apps crash and I never really saw a benefit.

Anyone have any experiences to relate on this? My guess is that it would work fine with ArmA - just a guess based on the fact that I've never had any problems with ArmA. Right now I have the maxmem switch set to 2048 in ArmA Launcher.

EDIT: Ignore this post - I subsequently learned more about the /3GB switch and do not use it.

I have been getting this error message.

Out of Memory (Requested 191748 KB)

Reserved 294912 KB

Total Free 166063 KB

Free Blocks 14, Max Free Size 165948 KB

I'm have tried updating to the 1.15 beta.

Intel®Core™2 Quad CPU

Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

2.45z, 3.25 GB of RAM

Windows XP

NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GT

I have tried all the command lines!

I have tried updating to the 1.15 beta.

I have tried deleting some mods.

And nothing happened

Are you by any chance using the maxmem command? If you are, stop using it.

Are you by any chance using the maxmem command? If you are, stop using it.

That did not work either.