Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases DAC 2.0 for ArmA

Hi,

maybe there is something wrong with a unit_config.

First try to use a standard config.

Greeting

Silola

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about sounding dumb here but what do you mean by standard config? Do you mean take a file straight from the DAC core folder from the DL and not use the folders from one of the example mission? If so I've done that.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean though, I'm a little dense when it comes to the inner working of configs and such.

I'm posting this in two threads, as this pertains to the interaction between two addons.

I have created a mission where blufor units (placed in editor) assault a town swarming with insurgents (DAC generated). To enhance the atmosphere, I wanted to use DSAI (Dynamic Speaking AI). However, for some unknown reason, the insurgents (which are on the redfor side), refuse to utter a single sound. Would you have any idea what might be causing this?

This is what's in my init.sqf btw:

Quote[/b] ]execVM "DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";

setviewdistance 2000;

ACE_NoWeaponDispersion = true;

ACE_NoBlackout = true;

RUG_DSAI_SIDES = [ "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIEng", "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIEng" ];

RUG_DSAI_CycleTime = 20;

target1 = false;

target2 = false;

target3 = false;

Thanks in advance,

Xawery

Hi,

maybe there is something wrong with a unit_config.

First try to use a standard config.

Greeting

Silola

Silola,

Sh!t, I gotta apologize. The problem was coming from a Cam's 1st ID(Light) class name that was wrong. For example, I had "cmcd_usa_1id_squadleader_l" when it should be "cmcd_usa_1id_squadleader_L". I've had it like this ever since his units came out so it's no wonder why I always got this error. I always use his and Jonny's USMC. Wow my fault for overlooking it so many times. I should've caught it.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if this could be the cause for my random CTD out of memory error's I posted about sometime ago. It would only do it when I changed from the BIS units to my custom setup in the Unit pool and I had a ton of units called in zones. MrN's Dynamic War always had it happen when I swapped out the BIS names, as an example. The mission would run so slow when I played for a while then, Bam!, CTD Out of memory. I should probably give it a try again.

If this was the cause, damn I feel like a complete jackass.

Thanks again for the reply.

I'm posting this in two threads, as this pertains to the interaction between two addons.

I have created a mission where blufor units (placed in editor) assault a town swarming with insurgents (DAC generated). To enhance the atmosphere, I wanted to use DSAI (Dynamic Speaking AI). However, for some unknown reason, the insurgents (which are on the redfor side), refuse to utter a single sound. Would you have any idea what might be causing this?

This is what's in my init.sqf btw:

Quote[/b] ]execVM "DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";

setviewdistance 2000;

ACE_NoWeaponDispersion = true;

ACE_NoBlackout = true;

RUG_DSAI_SIDES = [ "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIEng", "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIEng" ];

RUG_DSAI_CycleTime = 20;

target1 = false;

target2 = false;

target3 = false;

Thanks in advance,

Xawery

If I remember correctly DSAI should work just fine with DAC - all the other units are talking happily, I suppose (and hope)? I believe Sickboy even entered a little fix there someplace that made sure it works even if all units except the leader were "cached", but I can't guarantee that - however they should, since each time they're loaded their init eventhandlers are run anyway.

The main reason DSAI doesn't work on addon units though is simply that they're not XEH compatible : for instance RHS's excellent russian units that really could benefit from some country-specific swearing and ordering won't work, since they've got their own eventhandlers (in their case to take care of their one-shot AT launchers). Try opening up the addons in question and see if they've got an entry for eventhandlers - AFAIK even an empty one will override XEH.

If that's not it, I'm not sure what the problem is :-/

Regards,

Wolfrug

I think you got it correct. I wonder how hard it would be to add XEH to RHS and others that don't have XEH. I think I've finally figured out how to do it for vehicles but I've never tried with units. This would be for personal use if I did figure it out. Unless the respective AddOns makers wanted it released.

Now for a DAC question. The one thing I've been trying to grasp lately is how to add init line stuff to Units/Vehicles that are created in DAC zones. I'm a little raw when it comes to this stuff.

Per the ReadMe it seems those belong in the DAC_Config_Events file but then I get a bit confused.

As an example for a zone:

-I was wondering about generating units in a zone with the Init line TonyRanger provided to make XEH work with non BIS related units. [this,"Extended_Init_EventHandlers"] call compile preprocessFile "\Extended_EventHandlers\Init.sqf"

-and I'd also like to generate these units with a custom weapons load out. Any will do for an example.

-Lastly I'd like to have vehicles for that zone include Mando's AirSupport Console so it will show up in the action menu if I enter an empty vehicle. Normally I just add this to the vehicles init line: this addAction ["Air Support Console", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"]

If it's not too much trouble could someone with the knowledge do a quick little sample. It's easier for me to learn it this way. I'm not completely sure what the ReadMe is telling me to do.

Thanks in advance

Sorry to bring this up again but I'm trying to finish a mission using DAC. Look at my previous post directly above and if any one could shed some light on what I need to do to add scripts to DAC generated units I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

If you can help please.

I am using the example in the Readme of the DAC_fInsertGroup

I have created a group with NO WAYPOINTS named it like the example and executed it with a trigger. I get

DAC_Insert_Group: ERROR; group has waypoints

but group does not have waypoints?? crazy_o.gif

Hello smile_o.gif

DAC is still alive?

@vengeance1:

---------------

Quote[/b] ]but group does not have waypoints??

Each editor placed group has exactly one waypoint ... waypoint 0

so please try to insert this code to the init line of the group leader:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">deleteWaypoint [(group this),0]

I think it should be working then wink_o.gif

@Manzilla:

-------------------

The following post is a little bit old but maybe the description helps you:

A simple example:

-------------------

You would like to give to the units of the zone z1 an EH fired.

OK, then you must do the following:

Open the script \DAC\Configs\DAC_Config_Events.

There you find case1: and case2: The Arrays there are empty.

Use case1: for this example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_Events_Unit_S = [

["{_x addeventhandler [""fired"",{_this execVM ""MyFiredScript.sqf""}]} foreach units _group"],

[],

[],

[],

[],

[]

];

This means that all units of the category infantry, get the registered Eventhandler (_Events_Unit_S = infantry).

But only the units whose zone loads this event configuration.

To be sure that the units them were reduced, and afterwards again were generated,

also get the Eventhandler, the entry also has to go in the last Array:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_Events_Unit_S = [

["{_x addeventhandler [""fired"",{_this execVM ""MyFiredScript.sqf""}]} foreach units _group"],

[],

[],

[],

[],

["{_x addeventhandler [""fired"",{_this execVM ""MyFiredScript.sqf""}]} foreach units _group"]

];

Now you must adapt the script call for the zone accordingly:

["z1",[1,0,1,400,350],[8,2,20,5],[],[],[],[0,0,0,7]] exec "dac\scripts\dac_init_zone.sqs"

This entry loads the DAC_Config_Events No. 1

This is only one example, and I hope that it fairly clear icon_rolleyes.gif

Greeting

Silola

I use nothing but DAC exclsively wink_o.gif , Great to see you respond Silola, Thanks

Hello smile_o.gif

DAC is still alive?

Hello smile_o.gif

DAC is used extensively by at least me biggrin_o.gif It's the most used addon I have (apart from my own wink_o.gif)

Hey Silola, is there any DAC2 update available? I remember some time ago you said you had solutions to various small problems (such as when you have logic units with waypoints, in a zone which itself is in another zone).

I tried posting on the Mapfact forum but for some reason I cannot log on.

I've been having problems embedding editor placed units into DAC. I've tried many different setups to get it to work and it always tells me that the units already have waypoints. Is there an example where you use the embedded units so I can look at the script?

Isn't there some in one of the example missions? I thought I've seen it before.

There is, somewhere in mission 5.

I just took a look at it and it confused me because im doing the same exact thing. Only I get an error telling me that the unit already has waypoints......I have no idea why its giving me this. There are more than enough waypoints for the unit. Possibly it has something to do with the create_unit case list for that waypoint zone not matching with the editor placed group? I have no idea.

Basically, I have a infantry group set to join zone 3 when they are set up in the mission. zone 3 is a infantry waypoint zone with 160 waypoints which is far more than enough.

Taken from the mission.sqm

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

"[""z3"",[3,0,0,400,500],[160],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,0]]exec""DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs""";

When this runs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">~30 [syr1,1,[z3],10,1,1,[1,1,1],0] execVM "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Insert_Group.sqf";

I am told the unit cannot be added due to already having waypoints.

Are you using the main DAC folder from that mission as well? If you took the DAC folder from one of the missions try using the non edited one that comes with the DL. I'm not sure if that will make a difference but I've seen Silola post some where in this thread to not use one from one of the example missions.

Also in:

"[""z3"",[3,0,0,400,500],[160],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,0]]exec"&am

p;am

p;qu

ot;DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs""";

Did you add the "" in front and at the end? Try removing them if you did. II haven't checked for them in that mission but I've never seen it like that before.

I think I've seen someone mention a similar problem in this thread before. I'm not sure if that was you but you may want to check through the thread if it wasn't, an answer may have been provided.

I hope you find an answer to your problems and get things sorted out.

goodnight.gif

EDIT:

Check vengeance1's post further up on this page, and Silola's reply. He mentioned a similar problem with the same error message. I'm not sure if Silola's reply solved his problem though.

Quote[/b] ]Each editor placed group has exactly one waypoint ... waypoint 0

so please try to insert this code to the init line of the group leader:

Code Sample

deleteWaypoint [(group this),0]

I think it should be working then wink_o.gif

Deleting the waypoints got them working smile_o.gif

I ran into another problem though. I have two waypoint zones for the editor embedded unit but they only want to go to one of them. Both the editor zones have the same ID and both of those zones are specified in the embedding scriptcall.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["z7",[1,0,0,50,100],[30],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,0]]exec"DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

["z1",[1,0,0,200,350],[60],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0,0]]exec"DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[syrarm1,1,[z1,z7],15,1,1,[1,1,1],0]spawn DAC_fInsertGroup;

Is it possible to reduce the sice of the zone to 50x50 or causes this errors?

Its been a long time since I read about DAC. I noticed that the zone init was an SQS. Why not SQF? Just curious. I love it. I got some help for a mission and this should work perfectly for what we want to do.

Howdy Gents,

Sorry if this has been covered in a post before but i'm just not finding it.

I'm rather new to the scripting thing and changing things ingame with it. I have run into a problem with the DAC Camps.

First let me explain the camps:

case 11:

{

_campBasic     = ["FlagCarrierSouth",["Fire",5,10,0],["CampEmpty",10,0,0],[&a

mp;a

mp;q

uot;Logic",0,15,0],1];

_campAmmo      = [["vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,10,0],["vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,8,0],[&

amp;

amp;

quot;vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,6,0],["vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,4,0],[&quot

;

;

;vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,2,0],["vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,0,0],["Amm

oBoxWest",20,10,0],["WeaponBoxWest",20,5,0],["SpecialBoxWest",20,

0,0]];

_campStatic    = [];

_campAddUnit   = [];

_campUserObj   = [["Test",-25,-25,0],["HeliH",-25,-25,0],["Test

",-20,-25,0],["Truck5tOpen",-10,-25,0],["Truck5tOpen",-5,-25,0],[

"Truck5tRepair",0,-25,0],["Truck5tRepair",5,-25,0],["Truck5tRefue

l",10,-25,0],["Truck5tRefuel",15,-25,0],["Truck5tReammo",20,-25,0

],["Truck5tReammo",25,-25,0]];

_campRandomObj = [];

_campWall      = [];

_campObjInit   = [[],["[_x] exec ""WeaponsWest.sqs"";"],[],[],["_x respawnVehicle [10]"],[],[]];

};

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------

case 12:

{

_campBasic     = ["FlagCarrierNorth",["Fire",5,10,0],["CampEast",10,0,0],[&am

p;am

p;qu

ot;Logic",0,15,0],1];

_campAmmo      = [["vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,10,0],["vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,8,0],[&

amp;

amp;

quot;vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,6,0],["vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,4,0],[&quot

;

;

;vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,2,0],["vil_AmmoBoxisraelwest",16,0,0],["Amm

oBoxEast",20,10,0],["WeaponBoxEast",20,5,0],["SpecialBoxEast",20,

0,0]];

_campStatic    = [];

_campAddUnit   = [];

_campUserObj   = [["test",-25,-25,0],["HeliH",-25,-25,0],["UAZ",-

20,-25,0],["UAZ",-15,-25,0],["UralOpen",-10,-25,0],["UralOpen&amp

;

;quo

t;,-5,-25,0],["UralRepair",0,-25,0],["UralRepair",5,-25,0],["Ural

Refuel",10,-25,0],["UralRefuel",15,-25,0],["UralReammo",20,-25,0]

,["UralReammo",25,-25,0]];

_campRandomObj = [];

_campWall      = [];

_campObjInit   = [[],["[_x] exec ""WeaponsEast.sqs"";"],[],[],["_x respawnVehicle [10]"],[],[]];

};

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------

I have made two new cases for the Camps. But the parts that are giving me trouble is the _campObjInit. The script is running fine for the server but the clients do not see the modified content. I also have no idea if the Vehicles will respawn using _x respawnVehicle [10] in there. I've been told that the problem is most likely the fact the the variables are private and not public. So want variables do i need to make public if it is indeed the only problem?

Any help on the matter would be great.

Edit: On the Respawn of vehicles at the camp.

I have found a way to get this too work.

On the Crates in the Camp, I just still can't find a way to get the content of the crates to be the same on all clients sad_o.gif

Is it possible to set a zone camp with AI respawn in a set Position?

If I understand this it sounds like you want the camp to be placed precisely. I don't think you can do that but you can make the camp zone real small so that it gets placed almost exactly where you want it then link it to another zone for waypoints.

Hello,

yes ... it's possible to create a DAC camp on an exact position.

Within the zone you need to place a logic. This logic you gives a waypoint.

Place the waypoint to the desired location.

Please note that the logic and the waypoint must be within the zone!!

To assigned the Logic to the Camp, you need to make the following entry in the init line of logic: this setdir 5

That's it. From now on, the DAC camp always is generated at the waypoints position.

See also the DAC readme >>> page 11  wink_o.gif

Greeting

Silola

Awesome Peice of Software my friends.... getting started was a bit more complicated than for instance with Kronzkys UPS, but the Results are very awesome!

However i have 2 Suggestions/Ideas that i would like to add/change but somehow i couldn't find the right file to change it... here are the Problems i have:

1. I would like that there is a minimum-group number in a zone, under this amount the particular Zone will not sending reinforcements to other Zones.

Currently When you place like 10 Zones (for instance at cities), linking them all together and you attack the first one, all Groups from all Zones will sooner or later be at the Frontline/The Zone you attack - and when you then move to all their zones, they are completely empty.

I am aware that you can set a Zone to not sending out any troops for reinforcements, but thats not the ideal solution.

Any advice? I guess when i know the variable names i can add a short "if then else" clause around the whole "reinforcements-code" to check, once all groups are below "2" in one zone, they will stop sending more reinforcements to other zones.

2. Anti-Water Code. Currently when you attack one Zone and you are near a River, all reinforcements and groups who want to try to reach you, runnning through the water, lost their weapons and running on the battlefield later on without guns.

Best Regards, Christian

1. I would like that there is a minimum-group number in a zone, under this amount the particular Zone will not sending reinforcements to other Zones.

Currently When you place like 10 Zones (for instance at cities), linking them all together and you attack the first one, all Groups from all Zones will sooner or later be at the Frontline/The Zone you attack - and when you then move to all their zones, they are completely empty.

Best Regards, Christian

Kronzky's UPS is still very useful in conjunction with DAC. I almost look at them as two completely different things.

What you can do is create two overlapping zones. In the one zone where you don't want reinforcements to leave, don't link it. In the other, you can link it and they will leave. You'll have to adjust the number of units you want in each for a total when they are all in the one zone.