Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases DAC 2.0 for ArmA

I have a small, simple question...

edit:

Q: Can i make my camp respawn a.i. squads even if the camp squad is dead? The loss of the camp squad always deactivates the camp wink_o.gif .

A: Yes i can by using camp configuration 11 (null).

Problem:

If i late activate a DAC zone ([MyZone] call DAC_activate) and the zone has a camp cfg 11 (null) no units are generated in this zone crazy_o.gif .

Bump smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ] ["z1",[1,<span style='color:blue'>0</span>,0,30,30],[1,5,3,3],[ ],[ ],[1,5,8,1,100,5],[0,0,0,11]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

This tiny DAC zone spawns 1 infantry squad and 1 empty camp that respawns soldiers (5 spawns available).

Quote[/b] ]["z2",[2,<span style='color:red'>1</span>,0,30,30],[1,5,3,3],[ ],[ ],[1,5,8,1,100,5],[0,0,0,11]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

This is an identical zone but this time the zone is inactive.. if i late activate this zone like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[z2] call DAC_Activate

The zone becomes active but only the camps are generated, the soldiers and vehicles wont confused_o.gif .

This only happens with camp configuration 11 (null), unfortunetly this is the most suitable camp configuration for my situation smile_o.gif .

Does anyone ever have problems with a mission CTD and getting that damn "out of memory" error/virtual memory error, when creating missions using DAC v2.0?

It seems there comes a point when I have to many units/vehicles in a zone and next thing I know I'm getting CTDs when I preview the mission.

Basically it starts to happen if I create zones with user made units/vehicles. And besides that, pretty much using the same parameters/setup as the example missions, or the original dl'd files.

Could it be that certain user made content could cause this? It doesn't seem to happen if I just use vanilla units in an example mission. Sometimes it CTD just after initialization and other times it seems to happen after few minutes of playing then driving into a crowded zone or flying to location by chopper.

My computer is a beast and practically brand new components, and usually the CTD/virtual memory errors occur without a major decrease in FPS. Many times the FPS is between 30-50 and then bam! that damn CTD error pops up? I've checked all the drivers, etc and everything is up to date.

Hopefully someone else has had this occur and can provide some insight on a fix.

I believe there is definitely something going on here. I run into the out of memory problem as well, even though I have a new system with 2 gigs. Im running vista with latest everything. Mission flies along nicely then all of a sudden, BAM back to desktop with out of memory error.

I use to get a out of memmory error to with vista so I took off all the fancy stuff and graphics. Went to Task manager and eraced all the programs that wernt being used besides Arma and the neccessary ones.

hope any of  that might solve it.:)

Also defragmenting and disc cleaning wont hurt.

Does anyone ever have problems with a mission CTD and getting that damn "out of memory" error/virtual memory error, when creating missions using DAC v2.0?

It seems there comes a point when I have to many units/vehicles in a zone and next thing I know I'm getting CTDs when I preview the mission.

Basically it starts to happen if I create zones with user made units/vehicles. And besides that, pretty much using the same parameters/setup as the example missions, or the original dl'd files.

Could it be that certain user made content could cause this? It doesn't seem to happen if I just use vanilla units in an example mission. Sometimes it CTD just after initialization and other times it seems to happen after few minutes of playing then driving into a crowded zone or flying to location by chopper.

My computer is a beast and practically brand new components, and usually the CTD/virtual memory errors occur without a major decrease in FPS. Many times the FPS is between 30-50 and then bam! that damn CTD error pops up? I've checked all the drivers, etc and everything is up to date.

Hopefully someone else has had this occur and can provide some insight on a fix.

I believe there is definitely something going on here. I run into the out of memory problem as well, even though I have a new system with 2 gigs. Im running vista with latest everything. Mission flies along nicely then all of a sudden, BAM back to desktop with out of memory error.

Thanks for confirming that. I wish one of us could pin point what's going on. I too think it's some conflict causing the crash, I just can't find it.

Comrade12,

I've done all that in the past. As far as just turning off all the fancy stuff and graphics, that ain't an option. The problem should be addressed and fixed if some content is causing a conflict and thus the CTD. Plus, with the system specs my PC has, there is no reason why I should not be able to run this game on full graphics, running any addon or mod.

Been trying to get my Civi's to act like Civi's for quite awhile now. Whats going on is this: I set up my DAC zone to spawn Civilians in a heavy urban environment. When they spawn the leaders walk their waypoint routes, but their minons pause and have to run to catch up.

Now normally I wouldn't give a flying F%#* how they got their guys to fall in line. Its their squad. But I need these guy to act like everyday people and stop running. That is until I give them something to run from.

This is my setup:

DAC_Config_Behaviour

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">case 4:

{

_setSkill = [0.10,0.20];

_setCombat = ["blue"];

_setBehav = ["careless"];

_setSpeed = ["limited"];

_setForm = ["column","stag column"];

_setFleeing = [0,0];

_setHeliVal = [45,100,0.7,1];

_setPause = [[0,1],[3,5],[5,10],[20,30,5,5],[1,3],[0,0]];

_setBldgBeh = [2,50,120,180];

_setPatrol = ["35 + (0 * (skill _leader))","(30 + (random 30)) + ((skill _leader) * 50)"];

_setSearch = ["20 + ((skill _leader) * 150)","30 + ((skill _leader) * 50)"];

_setSupport = [0,0];

_setJoin = 0;

_setEmpVeh = [[100,100],[100,100]];

};

DAC_Config_Waypoints

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">case 4: {

//----------------- #Sol----#Veh----#Tan----#Air----#Camp----;

_CheckRadius1 = [ 3, 10, 10, 20, 20 ];

_CheckRadius2 = [ 5, 30, 30, 40, 50 ];

_checkAreaH = [ 100, 1, 1, 10, 10 ];

_checkMaxH = [ 500, 500, 500, 500, 500 ];

_checkMinH = [ 5, -1, -1, 20, 20 ];

_checkNear = [ 0, 30, 30, 100, 200 ];

_checkObjH1 = [ 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1 ];

_checkObjH2 = [ 30, 10, 10, 5, 4 ];

_checkCount = [ 200, 200, 200, 500, 500 ];

_checkResol = [ 45, 36, 36, 12, 12 ];

_TempWPArray = call compile format["DAC_WP_Pool_%1",(_DACTemp select _DAC_WP_Typ)];

};

This is something that I found on BIWIKI concerning multiplayer situations

In Multiplayer, this command is overwritten by itself to NORMAL or FULLSPEED (i don't know which one, but it's fast move) when you ask the unit to move via script (ex : _unit doMove (getMarkerPos "destination"); ) The solution to solve this problem is to initialize the setSpeedMode after your order the unit to move.

So basically it gives you :

_unit doMove (getMarkerPos "destination");

_unit setSpeedMode "LIMITED";

If you plan to move the unit again after it reaches its destination, you will have to set the speed mode to LIMITED again like i did just above.

Would this be possible to do with DAC? And more importatly for a newb like me, how?

I love the DAC. I think it is the bomb.

So I guess that the resistance has to be friendly to either east or west in order for the east and west to be enemies, correct?

--ben

Hi,

@ben:

readme page 23 (DAC_Config_Creator.sqf) :

Quote[/b] ]DAC_Res_Side = 1

This variable defines the side which RACS are fighting for. You must ( ! ) apply the same settings that are given in the editor.

0 = resistance friendly to EAST

1 = resistance friendly to WEST

2 = resistance friendly to NOBODY

Attention! With this setting RACS will fight alone against EAST & WEST, whereas EAST & WEST are friendly to each other !!!

Greeting

Silola

So if I use setting #2 the east and west will not fight each other and will instead fight the resistance together? If this is true, then there is no way to have all three sides fighting each other? I have the resistance is friendly to no one in the mission sqm.

I read the docs and I noted this in one of my misssions when I (as west) was expecting to be attacked by the east and was not.

Thanks for your reply,

--Ben

Quote[/b] ]If this is true, then there is no way to have all three sides fighting each other?

sorry, but this is not possible.

Greeting

Silola

hi.. just got around trying this and actually make it work. smile_o.gif

okey, now i need to ask about how to disable the chat box informing me this squad is reduce, such and such squad is built up, this soldier was deleted, that kind of thing... i didnt found any ref of that in the readme.

off topic:

i kinda had a crash with a trigger, seized by blufor, detected by blufor. at first i thought it was UPS or DAC, then i change the trigger to present, it's ok. is that a 1.14 bug?

hi.. just got around trying this and actually make it work. smile_o.gif

okey, now i need to ask about how to disable the chat box informing me this squad is reduce, such and such squad is built up, this soldier was deleted, that kind of thing... i didnt found any ref of that in the readme.

off topic:

i kinda had a crash with a trigger, seized by blufor, detected by blufor. at first i thought it was UPS or DAC, then i change the trigger to present, it's ok. is that a 1.14 bug?

Just check the accompanying .pdf's. They explain a lot and Silola recommended it as well. Also print this thread and look through it. There's some good info from some of the more experienced members.

There's so many possibilities with DAC but it really takes pretty much complete understanding of the basics to fully unlock it's capabilities. Unfortunately, the quickest way to get those down is through reading through the material and messing around with the example missions.

i think you misunderstood me, or i misunderstood you...

anyway, i can get the DAC working perfectly. its just the chatbox/debugging chat thats bothering me. i hope you know what i meant. and its not stated anywhere in the readme or the quickstart guide... so i'll try with the print topic and searching for "chat"

sorry if i misunderstood you

smile_o.gif

[edit]

ah... the right keyword for it is "radio message". no wonder i couldnt find a thing...

thanks

[edit2]

so i have to change directly at the sqf right? not thru init.sqs or anything like that?

i think you misunderstood me, or i misunderstood you...

anyway, i can get the DAC working perfectly. its just the chatbox/debugging chat thats bothering me. i hope you know what i meant. and its not stated anywhere in the readme or the quickstart guide... so i'll try with the print topic and searching for "chat"

sorry if i misunderstood you

smile_o.gif

[edit]

ah... the right keyword for it is "radio message". no wonder i couldnt find a thing...

thanks

[edit2]

so i have to change directly at the sqf right? not thru init.sqs or anything like that?

Its explained in the manual (looks like you found it). All you have to do is set the variable in init.sqf - there are a number of other settings you should become familiar with as well.

Is it possible to make everybody in a zone know about the player and their group after a certain event?

Is DAC working with 1.14 im getting a load of reports its not..

Is DAC working with 1.14 im getting a load of reports its not..

Yup. It is for me, for the most part. The only real problem I have is CTD "Out of Memory" error if it's a unit heavy mission. That may be the ArmA problem though. For the most part other than that I don't have many troubles with it.

Is it possible to make everybody in a zone know about the player and their group after a certain event?

Yes, this is possible.

1. Get the group names for all the zones you care to alert of the players presence.  Using: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[z1,[1,0,0],[8,2,50,5,’’MyArray’’],[ ],[ ],[ ],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

(See the manual or feel free to ask again if that part didn't make sense)

2. Whenever the event occurs, parse through and reveal the player to all of the DAC units stored in these arrays of groups using: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_dacGrp reveal player

That's a rather course explanation, but hopefully gets the job done. smile_o.gif

I've used this technique in the past to create a bunch of yomies in a huge group over the next hill, and then, boom, let them all know exactly where I am, at which point they all come careening over the hill intent on devouring my flesh! pistols.gif

Hi all.

Obviousley I have just found this and can't wait to use it.

Using one of the examples to test it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["z1"[1,0,0,400,200],[3,3,20,6],[],[],[],[1,1,0,6,1]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

I get the following error:

b60660cd9b856b539b8316c347e27994601a7efe.png

Cheers

Hi all.

Obviousley I have just found this and can't wait to use it.

Using one of the examples to test it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["z1"[1,0,0,400,200],[3,3,20,6],[],[],[],[1,1,0,6,1]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

I get the following error:

b60660cd9b856b539b8316c347e2799460a7efe.png

Cheers

Use:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["z1",[1,0,0,400,200],[3,3,20,6],[],[],[],[1,1,0,6,1]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

you forgot the little , at the start. Its missing in the documentation.

Hey guys, i have a slight problem.  I am creating a mission, and ave multiple zones, now at first they were all working fine, now suddenly the units created in these zones dont follow any waypoints, they just stand where created, i have tried deletig all the zones and creating just a basic infantry zone, but the same results.  The units dont move from the start position, does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT1:- Seems one of the event's i was trying to call, was interfering with the waypoints.

To Silola or anyone with the knowledge,

I get this error during DAC initialization every time I play missions I've made. I probably should've mentioned this months ago since I pretty much see it since I've used it.

I thought I saw someone post this error before but I can't find anything in the thread, though I could've missed it many times.

Here it is:

Quote[/b] ]Error in expression <case 6: {

_eman = (group _leaderman) createUnit [_soldier,_startpos,[], 0, "N>

Error position: <createUnit [_soldier,_startpos,[], 0, "N>

Error Type Any, expected String

File C:\Users\Dan\Documents\ArmA\missions\New_Mission.SchmalfeldenXHV\DAC\Scripts\DAC_Group_Soldier.sqf, line 209

Any ideas?

Hi,

maybe there is something wrong with a unit_config.

First try to use a standard config.

Greeting

Silola