Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases DAC 2.0 for ArmA

Fantastic news! Thanks for all your hard work!

Nice biggrin_o.gif

With addons like this, v1.09 and the last VTE alpha - that OFP feelin' is getting stronger. smile_o.gif

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Thank you Silola, Thank you Mapfact! notworthy.gif

Im sure it was worth the wait!! Going to make my wet-dreams reality yay.gif

Hi,

I have found and fixed the bug smile_o.gif

The problem appeared always then when a camp is generated, and nearby an empty gunner position is available.

Please, excuses these circumstances confused_o.gif

New version is up.

Greeting

Silola

Awesome work. HUGE congrats to everyone who put any work into this.

Too.. much... giving..! So... much... Christmas spirit! Head... melting...

EDIT:

Had to come back and say WOW! WOW! How polished is this? Soooo impressively presented. Sooo accessible. Even the interface blows me away, amazing what you've been able to produce with the GUi...

Masterpiece, pure and simple.

Awesome work Silola & Co! I've only had time to test it briefly but what I seen is very well done... Now if you don't mind I have some more reading and testing to do wink_o.gif

Kudos to everyone involved!

/KC

aw this seems so wonderful! Just now im only pissed at myself for leaving my arma at school when i have moved back home for the christmas season  crazy_o.gif

arma... i will never leave you behind again..  tounge2.gif

i'll try this out probably by the 2nd of january biggrin_o.gif

Silola, further to my previous posts, these are examples of the two errors I'm seeing. I see the first one regularly upon a unit being killed, the second one I happened on by chance & haven't seen before, but I was running FRAPS so I captured it.

armaDACerror1.jpg

armaDACerror2.jpg

First one has never happened to me and ive played about 4 BIG MP Coops with DAC.. and the second one i stopped by disabling the Ai to get into nearest vechiles which is:

DAC_VehAllowed = [0,0]

in the Config Creator.

Silola, further to my previous posts, these are examples of the two errors I'm seeing. I see the first one regularly upon a unit being killed, the second one I happened on by chance & haven't seen before, but I was running FRAPS so I captured it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/armaDACerror1.jpg

I always thought the first one had something to do with the pbo version of seconds suppression script.

Silola is currently updating his system, so he is probably offline for 1-2 days. Just noting this so you know he can't answer as quick as he does usually. smile_o.gif

Ok im going to put it realy simple (ive checked readme etc)

1. Where do I place the Demo & Tutorial missions?

Ive placed them in "missions "mp missions" in my profile location and local to BIS folder and I can only see them in editor, then its states when I open in editor map used is missing? (No maps are missing BTW).

They end ".SSara" not ".Sara" .. so whats the map?

I use various scripts and im not stupid, but this is got me a bit lost. Help.

They end ".SSara" not ".Sara" .. so whats the map?

South Sahrani by Mapfact.

You could aswell just rename the missionfolders to .Sara whistle.gif

i have to say a very big thanks to this great work! i have added these stuff to my latest crcti mission. however, the scripts and the documentation are very professionell and are usable for everyone (not for experts only)

I tried to spawn a West infantry group, the Dac initialises, the wp's are created and it says they are west units. But when the units are created they are East and they then shoot each other?

I tried to spawn a West infantry group, the Dac initialises, the wp's are created and it says they are west units. But when the units are created they are East and they then shoot each other?

Sounds like you've selected 1 for west side but 0 for east troops in the final array.

blockquote><p>I guess you might be right here, I disabled my "@Realism" mod folder (which, among various realism AI enhancers, includes the 2ndSuppression addon) and I haven

Would be a shame to lose it, as I rather like the suppression effects.

BTW Silola, I'm liking the smoke grenade AI usage http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'> seems to me that they use it rather intelligently (from what I've seen) and my smoke grenade viewblock addon works well with it. I previously used VFAI smokeshell logic, which makes units throw smokeshells when hit, but this seems to use another logic, just shooting toward an enemy seems to make them smoke away.

One question - do they get smoke grenades given to units or is the smoke spawned?

Another  notworthy.gif goes to Silola.

The best times I had with OFP was with DAC and VTE. Hope the same will happen with ArmA. And converting the old GDCE now really makes sense smile_o.gif