Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Yes i have installed 169.21, but even with previous version i got the same problem.

Guess I'm destined not to play this game, first it was the fog + other bugs now it just hard locks..

Maybe I'll try again when 1.09 (official) is out. This game just seems not to like newer PC's for some reason.

crazy_o.gif

I lost all ingame sound a couple of days after I installed the beta patch. That was with my onboard sound on an Asus P5N-E-SLI. I have since installed a soundcard, but I am getting game freezes, especially when I use Track IR.

The VOIP doesn't work well for me at all. Also when I ftre the gun in the AH6 the helo sound gets very quiet for abouta minute after the gun has been fired.

Created other topic: Patching Problem

Please delete this post if you do not agree with my actions

I have a more general patch problem, it started going wrong with 1.09 giving errors about my arma.exe and armaserver.exe

I never had any problems with arma before since german release!

now after 6 arma re-installations and my first complete format and xp re-install I STILL keep getting patching errors like this:

patcherror1rq9.jpg

from patch 1.01 untill the latest 1.09b I have used severall downloaded patches as well as the complete patch included with Queens Gambit

There are no scratches on my disc as it has been in my DVD Drive since the beginning!

I have no idea what to do, if I say ignore to let the patch get installed I can play but with problems and well the german 1.00 version of ArmA was never really that fun to play

System:

Windows XP Home edition

Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.00GHz

ATi Radeon HD 2900 XT

ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard

2Gb DDR2 800MHz RAM GEiL 4-4-4-12

(more info needed?)

Sorry if im steeling something here Placebo...

You are mentioning "monitor" temp and ram...

Its really hard to get valid readings when alt+tab

as i have noticed when playing on dual screens.

Game on one and a monitorprogram on the other.

The temp goes down fast when alt+tab...

Could be usefull to have like a FPS monitor but

showing temp and ram usage instead...Inside

the game that is...Or like fraps, thats showing FPS

in realtime in the game...

Like i said im sorry if i overstept here...

smile_o.gif

Nothing to be sorry for smile_o.gif

I use Rivatuner which shows a number of things I choose to monitor (FPS, temp, Vram usage, system ram usage) at the top left of the screen when playing smile_o.gif

Gnarble!!  crazy_o.gif

Ran Arma 1.09 Beta smooth for some days, until today.

Flew around wasting and reaking havoc on the enemy. But when i went for 3 mins break to feed my dog, i came back to a locked game. Couldnt ctrl-alt-del, nothing. Then after a while i got control back to windows, with 640x420 resolution and 8 bits colours,  i got a horrible error that i thought was gone.

Error : The display driver nv4_disp has stopped responding..  banghead.gif

Any solution to that?

I believe I found a bug and I want to make sure BIS know about it. It is not a major game breaking bug, but it should still be looked into. It may possibly be an easy fix, hopefully. The bug tracker site is down as I'm sure you know, so I don't know what else to do. From my testing the bug seems to happen slightly more often in 1.09 beta than in 1.08. I have made a demonstration mission to display the bug, you can find a download link below as well as a short description of the bug.

THE BUG: Let's say you create a mission where you have a custom sound file playing at some point during the mission(Let's say a song is playing). You start up the mission and you see an enemy, so you fire at him, kill him. But then you notice that the song has restarted for some strange reason. Is it a scripting error? Not likely. Another ArmA bug? Possibly.

MISSION LINK: http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~86rdwo

Any one is welcome to download this and try for themselves. If it turns out to be a real bug, which I believe it is, maybe BIS will atleast fix it for ArmA 2? smile_o.gif

Hi All, I reinstalled Arma, installed the 108, then the 109 updates. When I start up, I get:

DBE1_hotfix requires addon DBE1

not sure how I lost this addon, anyone know what it is?

Hi All, I reinstalled Arma, installed the 108, then the 109 updates. When I start up, I get:

Its the Queens Gambit expansion. wink_o.gif

The target line in your shortcut should look like this to fire up Queens Gambit with 1.09 assuming you have the game installed in the Bohemia Interactive folder in program files

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1

To run mods with it, it's just like before excempt you load the beta first, QG second, and then the mods after. This is my shortcut after some 'duh' moments, it works. <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1;SIX_Pack1v3;SWAT;IMW;CSM;FLASHLIGHT;cars;EntryTools;truerangeai;@NWD_Ballistics -nosplash

After 5-30 min of playing on Normal settings game freezes my PC , after i hear a sound from system tower and i need to restart my pc.

On High settings it takes 5-15 min for the same bug.

I have this bug only with 1.09.

System spec -

Win Xp sp 2

Intel Duo 6600

GF 8800gts 320mb

1gb Ram

I was getting that too but I was able to alt tab hitting it twice and it would come back. If I would just sit there eventually 5mins or so it would unfreeze. I have a 8800GT to fix my problem I just had to update the Video Card bios. I also have to other systems with 8800gt's and had to do the same because they all started getting that with the same system and same fix when I installed 1.09 beta

I'm the server admin for a military simulation community. Very private community and very tight knit.

A couple observations that I have seen thus far:

1. Players joining in as the group leader on the first listed group cannot finish receiving data. The process seems to stop completely. Joining in as any other role seems to work fine. This may be a problem with the mission that we have run and I will look into it today or tomorrow.

2. Some of my pilots have complained about an increased energy bleed on the A-10. This may be a control issue as other pilots on the server seem to do fine.

3. VOIP needs to have the ability to select input and output sound cards in game. Many of my players use a sound card for VOIP and another for the game itself. I would absolutely love to implement VON, but until we have the ability to select a soundcard for input/output of VON in the game, we will continue to use teamspeak.

4. Many of our players have noticed a huge performance boost with v1.09

5. Yaw on fixed wing aircraft needs to be fixed.

6. Throttle on fixed wing aircraft needs to be fixed.

No, I just DLed the updates, where do I find this "queens gambit" thingy??

I added the DBE1 in the target field also.

never mind, I found it, looks like something I have to buy. hopefully not having this file, won't mess up anything.

never mind, I found it, looks like something I have to buy. hopefully not having this file, won't mess up anything.

If you dont have it you shouldnt install the patch for it. wink_o.gif

No, the "it" I have is the game. I DLed patch 109, not a patch for queens gamit.

I'm getting regularly CTD's.

Maybe someone can tell what the problem is when I post here my .rpt file:

Date: 01/10/08 Time: 07:57:18

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00571FCF

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT, Driver:nv4_disp.dll 6.14.11.5827

resolution: 1280x1024x32

Addons:

TrueNVGoggles in truenvgoggles\, HT_Addons in ht\

AFRICAN_insurgents in madmed_insurgents\

SLA_DESERT_SPECOPS_REPLACE in SLA_DESERT_SPECOPS_REPLACE\

Datsun_armed_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\datsun_armed\, MatH_ArmAEffects in math_armaeffects\

CMCD_1ID in cmcd_1id\, SLA_DESERT_INF_REPLACE in SLA_DESERT_INF_REPLACE\

CA_Hotfix in ca\hotfix\, Zakladna_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\zakladna\

DBE1 in CA\DBE1\, SLX_Melee in slx_melee\, SLX_ModWeapons in slx_modweapons_c\

TrueHeadMovement in trueheadmovement\

CSL_EBU_US_SF_CQB_REPLACEMENTS in CSL_EBU_US_SF_CQB_REPLACEMENTS\

MoneyS in moneys\, Desert in ca\desert\, CAIntroAnims in ca\introanims\

Extended_Fired_EventHandlers in extended_fired_eventhandlers\

SLX_KEGsSpect in slx_kegsspect\, SLX_Loading in slx_loading\

TrueRangeAI in truerangeai_beta\, GDTModSatchel in gdtmodsatchel\

rlk_guer in RLK_Guer\, Roads_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\roads\

Pila_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\pila\, CASounds in ca\sounds\, SLX_Anims in slx_anims\

SLX_XMS in slx_xms\, TrueFovAccurate in truefov-accurate\, dk_znaki in dk_znaki\

G85_Editor in G85_Editor\, m136rpg_patch in m136rpg_patch\

rlk_desertsol in rlk_desertsol\, DBE1_UI in CA\DBE1\ui\

Desert2_Buildings in ca\Desert2\build\

CA_Missions_Armory1 in ca\missions\armory1.intro\

CAweapons3_m107 in CA\weapons3\m107\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg in CA\weapons3\m16a4_acg\, CAWheeled in ca\wheeled\

SLX_Misc in slx_misc\, Civilians_Addon in Civilians\

UH60Desert in DBE1\Models_DBE1\uh60desert\, Desert2_Objects in ca\Desert2\objects\

CA_Missions in ca\missions\, CARoads in ca\roads\

CAWheeled3_TT650 in CA\wheeled3\tt650\, SLX_ModT72 in slx_modt72\

ZGB_FFARs in ZGB_FFARs\, Mercenary_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\mercenary\

Models_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\, Anims_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\anims\

Prisoners_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\prisoners\, NPCs_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\npcs\

CAAir in ca\air\, CA_Anims in ca\anims\, SLX_ArmA_Voices in slx_arma_voices\

SLX_ModVehicles in slx_modvehicles\, CAWeapons in ca\weapons\

DMSmokeGrenadeVB in dmsmokegrenadevb\, VFAI_Equipment in vfai_equipment\

EBU_SOCOM1 in EBU_SOCO1\, HT_Radio in htrad\, SDP_Vehicles in sdp_vehicles\

CAUI in ca\ui\, Kamenolom_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\kamenolom\

Sara_dbe1 in DBE1\Sara_DBE1\, CAAnimals in CA\animals\

CA_desert2_Characters in ca\Desert2\characters\

CAweapons3_m16a4 in CA\weapons3\m16a4\

CAWeapons3_ammocrates in CA\weapons3\ammocrates\

VFAI_Smokeshell in vfai_smokeshell\

RLK_RACS_WOODLAND_REPLACEMENTS in RLK_RACS_WOODLAND_REPLACEMENTS\

ZGB_2A42 in ZGB_2A42\, DBE1_Hotfix in ca\hotfix\dbe1\, CAAir3_Su34 in CA\air3\su34\

CACharacters in ca\characters\, CA_CutSceneAnims in ca\cutSceneAnims\

DC3_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\dc3\, CASigns in CA\signs\, CAFonts in ca\UIFonts\

CAweapons3_m16a4_gl in CA\weapons3\m16a4_gl\, CAWeapons3 in CA\weapons3\

CAWheeled3_M1030 in CA\wheeled3\m1030\, SLX_EngineStart in slx_enginestart\

SLX_People in slx_people\, CAPlants in CA\plants\

EditorUpdate_v102 in editorupdate_v102\, ROCKO_ILS in rocko_ils\

Vysilac_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\vysilac\, CAAir3 in CA\air3\, CAMisc in ca\misc\

CAVoice in ca\voice\, SLX_Cloud in slx_cloud\, FDF_Sounds in slx_modweapons_c\

rlk_racs in rlk_racs\, rlk_urban_sol in rlk_urban_sol\, CALanguage in ca\language\

CA_QGClutterHotfix in ca\hotfix\qg\, CAData in ca\, CAWater in CA\water\

CAweapons3_aks74pso in CA\weapons3\aks74pso\

Extended_Init_EventHandlers in extended_init_eventhandlers\, SLX_GL3 in slx_gl3\

ModWarSound in slx_modweapons_c\, TrueCrosshairVeteran in truecrosshair-veteran\

TrueInGameUI in trueingameui\, rlk_racs_urban in rlk_racs_urban\

HMMWV_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\hmmwv_h1\, CA_Anims_Char in ca\anims\characters\

CATracked in ca\tracked\, CAweapons3_ksvk in CA\weapons3\ksvk\

SLX_ModPeople in slx_modpeople\, NWD_TankBallistics in slx_nwdfixes\

SLX_Vehicles in slx_veh\, IC_Faces in IC_Camofacepack\

SWM_Faces in SWM_Camofacepack_v-1-1\, Music_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\music\

CAA10 in ca\a10\, Porto in ca\Desert2\, SLX_GL3_AutoInit in slx_gl3_autoinit\

CMCD_1ID_US_INF_REPLACEMENTS in CMCD_1ID_US_INF_REPLACEMENTS\, Money in money\

ploty_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\ploty\, 6G30_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\6g30\, Sara in ca\sara\

CAWheeled3 in CA\wheeled3\, SLX_Wounds in slx_wounds\, CABuildings in furniture\

Misc_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\misc\, UI_DBE1 in DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\

Hilux_armed_DBE1 in CA\DBE1\hilux_armed\, CARocks in Ca\Rocks\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg_gl in CA\weapons3\m16a4_acg_gl\

Mods: CA;DBE1;beta;@RLK;@UserAddons;@TrueMods;@VFAI;@DurgsVegetationFix;@ArmAEffects;@DMSmokeGre

nadeVB;FDF_Sounds;@SLX

Distribution: 1292

Version 1.09.5208

Fault address: 00571FCF 01:00170FCF C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

file: M03DriverTransport (__cur_sp)

world: sara

Prev. code bytes: AC 91 00 EB 08 F3 0F 10 05 44 AC 91 00 8B 45 08

Fault code bytes: F3 0F 10 90 FC 00 00 00 F3 0F 59 15 D8 5D 9B 00

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:001377F3 EDX:00134C84

ESI:09288DD8 EDI:15D50C00

CS:EIP:0023:00571FCF

SS:ESP:002B:01A5F940 EBP:01A5F95C

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010202

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.mdmp

With 1.09b, I get visual artifacts like huge dark triangles/polygons in the middle of the screen on Sahrani. Didn't happen in 1.08.

Running 1.09b with WinXP SP2, GeForce 7900GT with 169.21 drivers, 2Go DDRAM.

Malick

I have the same problem, expect i dont have Queens Gambit. I can still play the game for some time, then i get this player model clipping in the ground, then it says its missing some mercenary models (queens gambit probably) , and then it just crashes, and asks you if you want to send a report about it.

Don't use the 169.21 drivers, they're not good. They have caused me alot problems and had to roll back to 169.06 that came with the card.

MP5 error on start up...When I run Arma with the patch I get an error message saying  :

"bin\configbin/Cfgweapons/Mp5a5/Burst is not a value"

When I get in game the Mp5 will not fire and will toggle only between single and auto but will not fire. Anyone else having this?

Lamar

No matter what I try (-vm108, -maxmem 1024/512, new drivers) it still crashes after 30m+ of game play, I'm sure its vram related as arma crashes then the screen is blank and I have to reboot..

localVRAM=793138688;

nonlocalVRAM=258998271;

Would changing either of those help?.

crazy_o.gif