Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Not that wild - just a question:

Can you tell why you've removed the command line argument -ranking=... on 1.09?

Ranking and console log are now in one file.

Is there a chance or idea how to get it back seperatly like it was on 1.08?

Happy new year all,

Astra

I keep getting random crashes, it seems to be about 1 hour into gameplay although that might be coincidence, starting to really annoy me now.. it seems the person I play coop with on older pc gets none of these issues..

I'm getting another gfx card (and some ram) tomorrow and hope that may fix it, if not then I am really out of patience with this game, before anyone says "its a beta patch blah blah" I also had problems with other patches and of course I dont want the fog back.

It just seems to me this game prefers older gfx cards (7950 ideal) and/or AMD CPU.

banghead.gif

WarWolf @ Dec. 29 2007,08:25)]@mcvittees, go to your my documents\arma\profiles folder, rename the arma.cfg to arma.bak, restart game, goto video options and hit the default button.

then close game, open the arma.bak and the NEW arma.cfg file in notepad or similar text-only editor, and copy the keyboard settings from the bak file across to the new cfg file that arma created.

Thank you very much for the help WarWolf, I'll try that out as soon as I get back home! Cheers  notworthy.gif

--forgot to add this completely solved my problem--

I seem to be getting more BSOD's with 1.09 then 1.08 gave me..the CTD's from 1.08 are gone though.

Every BSOD up till now has listed a HA10K2KX.sys error.Google doesnt seem to find any hits relating to it..but HA10K does provide hits about audigy cards/creative. Which could be correct as i have an audigy 1.

note : i have hardware acceleration OFF as mentioned in a thread somewhere ; but EAX is still on.

Will try running without EAX and report back if the BSOD's disappear.

I keep getting random crashes, it seems to be about 1 hour into gameplay although that might be coincidence, starting to really annoy me now.. it seems the person I play coop with on older pc gets none of these issues..

Do you monitor your temperatures and ram usage? Do you use -maxmem= or -vm108 ?

Sorry if im steeling something here Placebo...

You are mentioning "monitor" temp and ram...

Its really hard to get valid readings when alt+tab

as i have noticed when playing on dual screens.

Game on one and a monitorprogram on the other.

The temp goes down fast when alt+tab...

Could be usefull to have like a FPS monitor but

showing temp and ram usage instead...Inside

the game that is...Or like fraps, thats showing FPS

in realtime in the game...

Like i said im sorry if i overstept here...

smile_o.gif

Sorry if im steeling something here Placebo...

You are mentioning "monitor" temp and ram...

Its really hard to get valid readings when alt+tab

as i have noticed when playing on dual screens.

Game on one and a monitorprogram on the other.

The temp goes down fast when alt+tab...

Could be usefull to have like a FPS monitor but

showing temp and ram usage instead...Inside

the game that is...Or like fraps, thats showing FPS

in realtime in the game...

Like i said im sorry if i overstept here...

smile_o.gif

i believe ati tools has temp monitor that u can use in-game

Hello -

Here are the two bugs I've experienced, though I can't really reproduce them:

<ul>[*] game stopping, screen covered in artefacts; no BOSD, alt-tabbing to windows and shutting the game down broought it all back to normal ; that was with plain 1.09b.

[*] dialog buttons in the editor disappearing; that was with maxmem=1023.

These things never happened before with 1.08 or previous versions. Never actually had any problems whatsoever with ArmA. 1.09 does significantly improve performances on my system.

Rig:

P4 3.2 GHz

7600GT

2048 RAM

Thanks for caring,

Igor.

Different gfx card (8800gtx) and different ram and it just locked up again, it did it as I was changing the AA setting though that again might just be coincidence.

It has done it with or without using -vm108, I've now added -maxmem 1024 instead but I doubt this will fix it somehow.

However it only works if i disable 1 gig stick confused_o.gif

I have a weird problem. Most of the time I play with a friend (me as host) he has a tremendous ping. Sometimes at first he has a low ping until a BIG number appears. He can play well, with some lag from time to time, but that ping isn't real, because he can play.

This problem is not new in 1.09 beta, always was there, but as it persists in the 1.09 beta I post it here.

pingazo_small.jpg

Another thing I saw yesterday, if I change the port when creating the game, my friend only saw me in the default port, not in the new one. Maybe we made something wrong?

I'm having the same problem with no clouds.... I haven't found any fixes for it. Anyone else have any luck?

crash again... was playing evolution online and the hdd activity suddenly went through the roof then it ctd with all the colours in lik e 256 colour 800x600 then the screen went blank and had to reset the PC... v nice NOT.

banghead.gif

Not sure if this has been posted but audio phasing occurs inside of vehicles with radio chat. (some sounds are overlapped)

Has the fog issue really been fixed? After updating to 1.09 and also updating to the latest Nvidia drivers (169.21) I seem to have the xakt same problem with visibility. I have a Nvidia 8800 GTS with 640Mb.

Visibility is set to about 3,5km but objects at more then 1km are shrouded in fog. Flying must be done at really low altitude in able to see anything and preferably slow to avoid CFIT.

Is there some parameter I need to set either in game or manually on my Nvidia card to fix this. The changelog does state that fog now renders correctly with DX10-cards but I'm not so sure.

EDIT EDIT EDIT! The problem was mostly because of the user = me. As oChaos.DNJ stated I was running domination were the visibility was decreased as a default value which had to be increased manually. I still think the fog is too much but I guess it does render accordingly DX10 standards now I guess since I really doesn't have anything to compare with. Anyway I now can see the whole island at altitude which I couldn't before. yay.gif

Well it has fixed it for me, but Im not using the 169.21s Im using 169.13. I have same card as you.

and are you sure your changing the actual view distance or is the view distance being fixed by the mission?

IE try it on Evo and Raise your viewdistance in the scroll menu, at the base.

I am using the 8800 320mb with 163.71_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_whql, I installed 163.75_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_whql but I noticed a bit of a performance drop but still no fog, not sure if it's Nvidia drivers that are now causing fog problems now, try an older driver and test the fog?

I keep getting this stupid error and can't launch the beta unless I use Yomas Add-on Sync tool as an arma launcher. If I try using ANY other shortcut or original beta arma.exe I get this:

WTF.JPG

Anyone else get this or know how to fix it? It's weird cuz it was just working the other day... now all of a sudden BAM, no more. Plz help sad_o.gif

Is it just me or is the rearming bug with the cobra back again?

If the racks are empty then rearming at an ammo truck results in half-full racks with missiles appearing then disappearing again?

Other than that the beta seems a big improvement, although the RPG seems a bit too quick in flight now.

I keep getting this stupid error and can't launch the beta unless I use Yomas Add-on Sync tool as an arma launcher. If I try using ANY other shortcut or original beta arma.exe I get this:

Anyone else get this or know how to fix it? It's weird cuz it was just working the other day... now all of a sudden BAM, no more. Plz help  sad_o.gif

Its actually been covered several times within this same topic

Quote[/b] ]

Be sure that your shortcut target field is correct:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -window

For example.

And also that the Start In field points to the ArmA root folder:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA"

Planck

i saw a lot of vehicle on the roof. when i leave a zone , then i come back , vehicle has flipped back.

is it 1.09 related ? it's a real bug i presume ...

After 5-30 min of playing on Normal settings game freezes my PC , after i hear a sound from system tower and i need to restart my pc.

On High settings it takes 5-15 min for the same bug.

I have this bug only with 1.09.

System spec -

Win Xp sp 2

Intel Duo 6600

GF 8800gts 320mb

1gb Ram

After 5-30 min of playing on Normal settings game freezes my PC , after i hear a sound from system tower and i need to restart my pc.

On High settings it takes 5-15 min for the same bug.

I have this bug only with 1.09.

System spec -

Win Xp sp 2

Intel Duo 6600

GF 8800gts 320mb

1gb Ram

Sounds like what I've been getting, almost exactly the same spec PC but I have 2gb and I've just changed from 320gts to 8800gtx but it still does the same. Are you using 169.21 drivers? (I am). The game will just lock up cant even ctrl alt del it has to be reset..

I might try an early driver but really I feel it's bs that I have to try to get this game working when other games (Crysis, HL2 etc) all work fine.

mad_o.gif