Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Anyone having any sound issues with FFARS from A10 or Ah1. Those are the two ive played with but there is no sound as it is being shot from vehicle. explosions are fine.

Issues found as by now:

1.The command menu and command option in the BMP-2 commander position does not work.

2. The repeating time of the Dragunov equals that of a bolt action rifle in 1.09b, not that of a semi automatic rifle as it should.

I've had enough of trying to get the dedicated server running. every time i fix something I fond something else is broken that stops the server from working. just wait for the full release with will have actual reloadable .50cal machine guns i hope

Getting the same CA-Hotfix error when running a dedicated server

E:\arma\arma_server.exe -config=server.cfg -mod=@DMSmokeEffects;beta

It's infact

Quote[/b] ]E:\arma\beta\arma_server.exe -config=server.cfg -mod=@DMSmokeEffects;beta

To ensure you don't overwrite original EXE's and have to change original shortcuts, its given its own folder.

Big, stupid bug here:

Default set to "Group Channel" chat and cannot change message channels!!!

help.gif

EDIT: Appears to only happen in the lobby?

This is not a bug, this is the new "Lobby + Dead Group" channel. The change in the change log is this one:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">5198 - Fixed: Dead players can no longer talk or write to in-game players unless they are admins.

We're testing the VON feature on the Germany-Fun-Server atm...

Issues so far:

- Volume is not consistent. For example we have people talking on the side channel who can be heard much louder than others on direct speech who stand directly beside you.

- Flying in an UH60 and using the vehicle channel, people sitting in the back can get only very low sound output.

- Standing in a group (face-to-face) the loudness changes within the different players. some are clearly understandable, some have a low volume and you can't hear some at all. (using direct spreech)

- Overall volume is too low. if theres any vehicle or whatever in the vicinity you can't understand anything. (and yes, the radio slider in the audio options is at max)

Wouldn't it be a good idea to add microphone and output adjustment in the audio options to even the different mics and and soundcards a little bit?huh.gif

Or are we missing some hint to make it usable??

But.. it's a great feature and we're hoping for some hint or fix to make it work better.

Yours

Teddy

Hi guys just like to know what im doing wrong, top message followed by bottom. Longday at work and cant think for myself! crazy_o.gif

imageshackcn0.jpg

*EDIT* works running directly from root directory smile_o.gif

Hey Guys,

Did a fresh install of ArmA. 1.04 to 1.05 INTER to 1.08 to 1.09BETA.

Get a message: This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Anyone know how i could fix this?

EDIT: Sorry was trying to start from betta file arma.exe instead of using the short cut in the root directory. Works now...My bad!

Ok I'm getting "Arma is not installed on this computer or the installation is corrupt" when trying to install the beta patch.

My path is d/atari/arma and i've got the installer exe. sitting right there in the Arma root. No other Beta folders are there either

huh.gif

edit- problem solved, needed a completely fresh re-install.

Ok, this is really odd. I get this strange fog bug when running the 1.09 beta:

graphicsbugvt7.jpg

Never had this in 1.08 or any previous versions. This is what it looks like without the patch.

Anyone else have this problem? If anyone knows if I can do something to fix it please share.

Specs:

Intel Q6600

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7500 LE

Aghhh!- I've re-download from a different site- same problem. Beta folder will not install into my root. I get the "Do you want to install Beta patch1.09?" and after hitting "yes" it just starts extracting without asking me where and then gives me the "Arma is not installed on this computer"

Is there anyway to guide the extraction?

Help banghead.gif

I get that fog bug too, but worse.

We were attacking Epeno?? and from 1 angle you could see the town, but when you moved to another spot, the town became shrouded in fog. It was a cool affect but not consistently applied.

Also how do you use voip channels? It appears to always default to "group". Do I have to set up a separate key combo to get the other channels and then press and hold to talk on them?

I would like it if they acted like the text chat channels, where you switch and it remains on that channel.

Issues so far:

- Volume is not consistent. For example we have people talking on the side channel who can be heard much louder than others on direct speech who stand directly beside you.

- Flying in an UH60 and using the vehicle channel, people sitting in the back can get only very low sound output.

- Standing in a group (face-to-face) the loudness changes within the different players. some are clearly understandable, some have a low volume and you can't hear some at all. (using direct spreech)

- Overall volume is too low. if theres any vehicle or whatever in the vicinity you can't understand anything. (and yes, the radio slider in the audio options is at max)

Wouldn't it be a good idea to add microphone and output adjustment in the audio options to even the different mics and and soundcards a little bit?huh.gif

But.. it's a great feature and we're hoping for some hint or fix to make it work better.

Yours

Teddy

Quote[/b] ]

Very annoying this is..

Only tryed it with SB Live! 24bit maybe it don't do it to none SB cards ?.

@froggyluv...

The installer for v1.09 needs to check that certain files in your current ArmA Installation folder and subfolders exist and are at v1.08.

Try, making sure there is a 'ArmA.exe' v1.08 in your ArmA Installation folder.

And, make sure there is a 'ArmA_Server.exe' v1.08 in your ArmA Installation folder.

If that doesn't work, then perhaps also, your registry isn't pointing in the correct place. But, give that a try first.

@froggyluv...

The installer for v1.09 needs to check that certain files in your current ArmA Installation folder and subfolders exist and are at v1.08.

Try, making sure there is a 'ArmA.exe' v1.08 in your ArmA Installation folder.

And, make sure there is a 'ArmA_Server.exe' v1.08 in your ArmA Installation folder.

If that doesn't work, then perhaps also, your registry isn't pointing in the correct place. But, give that a try first.

Thanks for reply

Yeah both of those exe. are in my D/atari/arma root @ version 1.08 5163. Not sure about registry but i'm wondering if the fact that i once had Arma in my C drive is effecting this. I've deleted Arma from my C drive but maybe something is still pointing to it.

Well, mines is broked. If I try launching from the shortcut that came with the beta, I get an error that says

Quote[/b] ]This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I can see that IFC22.dll in my arma directory too.. so I dunno why it cant find it.

I launch from the arma launcher with the beta in the launcher and it will say something about some .pbos need 1.09 to work, and when I get in-game, it still says I am using 1.08 in the bottom left.

Have already tried re-installing the update and its still a no-go. Any ideas?

create a desktop short cut to

\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

then go to properties

in Target box:G:\Vista\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta (this is mine yours will be different)

in Start in Box:G:\Vista\ArmA (this is mine yours will be different)

Issues so far:

Yours

Teddy

I can confirm this.

IMHO it just needs to be tweaked a bit by the BIS devs.

Also it seemed during test plays today ("jack-uk" remember it maybe), that spoken global and side-chat messages get interrupted randomly (sometimes every 0.5sec., then at the next speech from same person every 1 sec., etc...)

I think, maybe give that voice-packages a higher priority in network-code?

Also what i found was that AT4 rockets sometimes looked like "flying through" a enemy tank and the explosion was triggered a bit too late (just "feel'ed" 0.5 sec. to late)

By the way, where can i post 2,3 minor suggestions to tweak before final release of the patch?

So far, great job BIS!

Best Regards, Christian

I'm not sure if this has been covered, I don't undertans a lot about the shortcuts -

But when I click on the beta exe, I get error message "no entry .profilePathDefault" and then ArmA locks up

Sorry, please help if you can wink_o.gif

Stew

It would be helpful if those who posted actual problems would edit their original posts saying "solution below/found" or state actual solution, if they have since found a solution. It would make reading through the thread easier.

Quote[/b] ]Issues found as by now:

1.The command menu and command option in the BMP-2 commander position does not work.

2. The repeating time of the Dragunov equals that of a bolt action rifle in 1.09b, not that of a semi automatic rifle as it should.

New found issues:

3. No grass rendered on united sahrani

4. SPR has no muzzle flash.

5. No tracers in SAW.

I use this target line:

D:\Games\ArmA_Public\beta\ArmA_Public.exe -config=public.cfg -profiles=D:\Games\ArmA_Public -name=GOD -ranking=D:\Games\ArmA_Public\rankings.txt -port=2602 -mod=dbe1;beta -netlog

problem is it putting the rankings into the console.txt and not in the rankings.txt

ok my problem is im crashing as i finnish loading a mission

here is my pc build

Machine name: ONI-PC

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071009-1548)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: GBT___

System Model: NVDAACPI

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 922MB used, 6043MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

I have a question:

When you install ArmA Fresh and apply 1.08 patch,is the 1.08 hotfix with the ladder bug  included in 1.09 beta?

Or is that side fix not included?.... huh.gif

I have 1.09 beta running with Arma 1.08+Hotfix.