Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.09

Bridge always is a disaster for AI since OFP. I don't think it will be sloved even in the Arma2...

Then there shouldn't be any goddamn bridges rofl.giftounge2.gif

But if there is a real problem with AI, how can the enemy AI cross the dolores bridge on the single player campaign of Armed Assault ?

There should be something to do against that if they can do it in single player campaign, no huh.gif?

But if there is a real problem with AI, how can the enemy AI cross the dolores bridge on the single player campaign of Armed Assault ?

There should be something to do against that if they can do it in single player campaign, no huh.gif?

Hey, yeah. I haven't played the campaign since 1.05. I wonder if that's heavy scripting or not. Last I remember, the BMP and T-72 drove into the river and the men disembarked. Gonna have to check that out.

Looping infantry anims to get them across the bridge is one thing - that's not reflective of the Ai.

Bridge always is a disaster for AI since OFP. I don't think it will be sloved even in the Arma2...

Then there shouldn't be any goddamn bridges rofl.giftounge2.gif

+ 10000

I'm getting similar performance with 1.09b and 1.08, but not waiting on a 50% chance of being told my DVD is bogus is nice. Can't say I like the new recoils though. They are sharper, but I miss the muzzle climb. It added a lot to the "feel" of the weapon, and prevented people from overeasy shooting:

ArmA 1.08:

Aim - Fire - Recoil Plays - Aim is Off - Reaim - Fire

OFP and ArmA 1.09:

Aim - Fire - Recoil Plays - Fire

I liked that in 1.08, shooting was a challenge. Q11's recoils felt much nicer than the stock ones though. And I think that the vehicles are a tad too quiet now (but it is an improvement, don't get me wrong... they were way too loud before). I don't play much MP, so I don't really get the benefit of the VOIP enhancements.

Edit: I should say that I have seen some muzzle climb, its just not nearly as much as it was. I really miss it on the MGs.

I love the new recoils 1.08 recoils just annoyed the hell out of me.

Physics - Some cars and objects are jumping when they are lying on the side. This can you test with UAZ, BUS, PALETT etc.

The palettes are flying very slow to the sky after a near detonation of a grenade.

I made a script that is stacking palettes - working good but the palettes are jumping by stacking of layer 3 at the latest. I can upload a demomission by interests.

Physics are always bit funny in OFP and ArmA and i doubt that will change with the next patch.

I tried to driver over a little rock on Rahmadi once with Kenjis T-80... no ood idea, up in the air, land on top, rotating around endlessly... funny thing is another T-80 tried the same and shared the same fate.

Lets hope ArmA2 will have a system where vehicles seem to have weight and cant fly around like cardbox.

might be old news but i am somewhat puzzled by the ai right now...

pre 1.09 weak movement patterns but deadly sharpshooters

1.09b better movement (imho) but can´t hit anything wink_o.gif

somewhere in between would be nice smile_o.gif

right now it is almost to easy to destroy whole squads imho....

-1.09 LOD Fix. This has to go. It may boost performance for low-end computers but it looks terrible. Sorry.

Nice for you to have a "new" PC (under one year old) or a "new" graphic card.

But the profit is depending on the number of people that can play. Graphics is an aspect this game, but not the main one. The BIS should concentrate on the game aspects that make the game unique and "best" in the category in my opinion. Only then they can sell good...

AI - no game has the "custom combat" freedom of ArmA and supporting this lagre scale operaions.

BUG: Running (from cover) very close to the AI solder will make him flee. He trys to keep distance from that he can ingage, but keeping this distance low makes a lot of fun biggrin_o.gif. He can't engage under 2 meters?! I wanted to make a youtube vid, but thought that this is not good for the game developers.

Problem: in the firefights radio chatter has AI priority during engagement. This should be exactly the other way...

Example: I'm suddenly standing in front of the enemy (under 50m), the enemy reports the contact, waits for order and then engages. I have about 2-8 seconds? time to kill him. It would be a significant improvement when the KI shoots first and reports the contact seconds later.

But the profit is depending on the number of people that can play. Graphics is an aspect this game, but not the main one. The BIS should concentrate on the game aspects that make the game unique and "best" in the category in my opinion. Only then they can sell good...

Personally i just found the disappearing objects (walls, enemy infantry, etc) way too annoying and was forced to higher my objects setting. confused_o.gif

Yeah, but that happened prior to 1.09. I hate it, because I need to have it at very high if I have my viewdistance at higher than 1200m. Soldiers further than 600m just disappear on normal settings!

I was doing a mission in Dolores, and noticed that two of the bridges the AI can drive only one way, but not the other. The third bridge worked correctly, AI vehicles could cross it either way. But AI infantry seems to have harder time.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect much to be changed there, because there is the risk that the campaign missions wouldn't work as intended.

I'm getting similar performance with 1.09b and 1.08, but not waiting on a 50% chance of being told my DVD is bogus is nice.  Can't say I like the new recoils though.  They are sharper, but I miss the muzzle climb.  It added a lot to the "feel" of the weapon, and prevented people from overeasy shooting:

ArmA 1.08:

Aim - Fire - Recoil Plays - Aim is Off - Reaim - Fire

OFP and ArmA 1.09:

Aim - Fire - Recoil Plays - Fire

I liked that in 1.08, shooting was a challenge.  Q11's recoils felt much nicer than the stock ones though.  And I think that the vehicles are a tad too quiet now (but it is an improvement, don't get me wrong... they were way too loud before).  I don't play much MP, so I don't really get the benefit of the VOIP enhancements.

Edit: I should say that I have seen some muzzle climb, its just not nearly as much as it was.  I really miss it on the MGs.

+100000000000000

Quick Question: How do you make the patch work with Queen's Gambit?

Edit the QG shortcut that it looks like: -mod=DBE1;beta

edit: yes, at first DBE1. whistle.gif

If you give your gunner a new target as a tank commander, the gunner is targetting it and firing immediately on it without a fire command. crazy_o.gif And the "don´t fire" command doesn´t holds - the teammates are firing when enemy is sighted.

This is kind of very, very trivial but those empty cassings arent being spit wright. I think the AR series are the ones who should be ejecting in a diagonal trajectory, not the AK's.

You can kill me now pistols.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Nothing special, just add that to command line

-mod=DBE1;beta

I think I'm doing something wrong. This is what I do: In the Queen's Gambit shortcut, the "Target" box says:

[ "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1;beta ]

However; then I get an error, and the game won't start.

You have to launch :

[ "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1;beta ]

Also check the "start in" line and be sure it is "C:\ArmA" or you will get a dll error (the dll is in the \ArmA folder)

It's working now. Thanks for all the great help! biggrin_o.gif

As to the feedback: Is it only me, or is there a new death animation included? One where the the person gets killed while running?

Yeah, brigdes are a nightmare. Can't make any type of missions where brigdes are involved. Even had problems in multiplayer, where my Shilka was flipped on the back after hitting some "invisible bump" on the brigde making me go skyhigh. Had to abandon it there.

These "bumps" (from road to brigde) needs to be fixed. And AI MUST be able to use them and pathfind them properly.

Is it only me, or is there a new death animation included? One where the the person gets killed while running?

I sure hope so. I loved that "running and dying" animation from OFP. i never see it in Arma.

I've just had a dabble with 1.09beta by placing myself in various locations around north Sahrani and taking screenshots and noting fps.

Absolutely no performance gain for my 7900GTX even tho it looked like it should do as, as previously mentioned, foliage seems to retain low detail at closer distances.

About the tree LOD and morphing im having great results using 1.09b with Kegs lowplants1.1 addon (just the trees, not the grass).

With lowplants the tree models look more detailed over distance and their colour is more consistent at all distances/lods.

Without lowplants the pine trees are green over distance and become brownish when the shadders kick in, its damn ugly.

I would recomend lowplants not just for better performance but for better eye candy too wink_o.gif .

The recoil seems like Americas army just raise the center of the aim... as i have expirience with firearms i think that in 1.08 things are far more realistic i hope things wont change. ArmA is not an easy game and it shouldnt be as there are hundreds out there like Battlefield etc