Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.09

I'm finding the A.I. more alert.

Was surprised when an RPG soldier fired one at me as I was sniping from a distance. Very nice. It's about time.

Also, the RHS Hind used his nose cannon on me liberally, not bothering to waste rockets.

Holdfirebug.JPG

Please BIS I beg of you, fix this for the final 1.09 whistle.gif

Even if they don't fire when fired upon just make them listen, please! confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] =Teliko,Jan. 01 2008,20:54

Please BIS I beg of you, fix this for the final 1.09 whistle.gif

Even if they don't fire when fired upon just make them listen, please! confused_o.gif

at worst this bug can drive u insane crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

i would like to ask about BattlEye implementation

because i see that there is no documentation (i mean absolutely none) about it

also from what i gathered in Warsow was BattlEye removed

Urban Terror support of / for BattlEye was dropped

STALKER patch 1.0006 which is supposed to bring BattlEye wasn't yet released (if i understood it's promised since 1.0004)

so that leave only supported game Soldat

what i noticed while going thru Warsow forums was mentioned problems with nix platform, i hope that don't rule out linux servers

i don't want to dismiss BattlEye even before it's used

i just find the lack of info bit confusing ...

i mean could it be used to detect clientside variable changes, client side scripts or just modified game files / memory or what ?

Ok, 1.09 is very nice, thx for the beta.

Now the only thing I(we) need is the linux beta dedicated so we can play 1.09 on our server too.

The GF8800 fog is fixed, but I can't enjoy it in multiplayer which I play 80%.

So, any news on the linux dedicated 1.09 beta?

Thanks.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

i have a question that is based on 1.09 as well as previous patches: When i am targeting units from any further than 200 metres, they seem to lag massively, and skip around. for example, i will see someone take 2 or 3 steps, and then its like i miss 3 or 4 steps. this makes things very difficult as you can imagine. i have heard that this is a script that is editable by BI that changes the distance at which this happens. any feedback is greatly appreciated

system:PD 2.8GHZ, 1gb mem. 7900gs. not a fantastic system, but i can run everything on normal and average about 30-35 frames. so i dont understand why this happens since i am not getting low framerate that would cause the units to lag like this...

thanks a lot.

Generally I'm happy with 1.09 beta. What I really don't like is the muted vehicles. Why in the world you changed this? I was working absolutely good in 1.08!

Quote[/b] ]I was working absolutely good in 1.08!

IMO it's better now, if you have something else than small soapbox speakers getting in any vehicle required manual volume control because otherwise your house windows would blow out..

It's also realistic for planes, choppers and tanks as the crew is wearing ear protection with integrated communication devices. It was annoying to do voice communications as a chopper pilot before. Turning down the game's volume to hear only a voice program screaming loud and clear makes a bad gaming experience for me.

On the other hand open vehicles like Jeeps shouldn't lower the sound at all, like they do in the CWR demo.

It should become a definable config value for every different vehicle.

Another thing to improve

takecovermyass.JPG

That was upon telling my squad to "take cover"

Even considering all the foliage they decide to sit in the grass, and the one person actually hiding behind a bush (crouching) is me confused_o.gif

Another thing to improve

takecovermyass.JPG

That was upon telling my squad to "take cover"

Even considering all the foliage they decide to sit in the grass, and the one person actually hiding behind a bush (crouching) is me confused_o.gif

Did you 1st designate a threat before asking to take cover?

In all logic, one can only hide relative to a specific location, I can only hide "behind a bush" if I know which side of the bush is actually "behind" and which side is "in front of" relative to what I want to hide from wink_o.gif

I seem to remember the AI reacted better to a "take cover" command after you had designated an ennemy threat (or perhaps even after you asked them to watch somewhere, but I not sure)

It's also realistic for planes, choppers and tanks as the crew is wearing ear protection with integrated communication devices. It was annoying to do voice communications as a chopper pilot before. Turning down the game's volume to hear only a voice program screaming loud and clear makes a bad gaming experience for me.

On the other hand open vehicles like Jeeps shouldn't lower the sound at all, like they do in the CWR demo.

It should become a definable config value for every different vehicle.

Exactly. Sound obstructing and occluding in opened cars really sucks.

But - aren't there vehicles like opened trucks, where some of seats are covered and some are not?

Well, then it should be a config value of "seats". smile_o.gif

Boarded squads in APCs probably don't wear ear protection, too.

Here's my feedback smile_o.gif Thank's for the beta patch!

Pro:

+ fog bug fixed

+ 1.09 starts without DVD now (I could kiss you for that inlove.gif )

+ vehicle's aren't so loud anymore, no we can talk with driving biggrin_o.gif

+ No more Javelin in my face

+ AI fires over sandbags now

+ AI hits lasertargets very well now

+ AI has a very good helicopter and plane handling (except for rocky terrain sad_o.gif there're still crashing into mountains

+ fast turning around with stinger/rpg/m136/strela launcher

Contra:

- VOIP is a quite useless feature crazy_o.gif At least from my point of view. It could work well but if I can't hear my members in direct talk in wider distances it is of no use for me/us. Hanging over in the global channel works the same way like speaking in teamspeak icon_rolleyes.gif

- motor cycles still have no "cockpit"?

- tanks are still flipping

- M136 and RPG's are too weak now ... they should be like in 1.08 before

- AI continues to drive through the water instead over bridges confused_o.gif (Behaviour safe, formation compact column, mixed convoi, no enemy's within the area)

Most important:

- ArmA is stable now

- No more FOG with NVIDIA 8800

- Game is a LOT smoother now (way it should have been since the beginning) Aaaah the long viewdistance with clear sky. notworthy.gif

Anoying thing:

- Plz do somethig with the Vista64bit & 4Gb RAM problem! (not fun to tweak the msconfig every day)

Overall i think I will enjoy playing ArmA again. smile_o.gif

edit: System specs: E6600@3.2Ghz / 4Gb(3Gb with ArmA) / 8800GT / Vista64

<s>I have an 8800 GTS and although adjusting the view distance has a noticeable effect on the main menu scenes, in game it has no effect. Is this the 'fog bug'? I'm running 1.09 beta.</s>

oops, it works fine now, it was just the multiplayer mission i was using

I still experience terrible desync when players with slower connections try to connect and download a mission while others are playing. My friend has a 12Mb up and 16Mb down Verizon FIOS connection. Should we still be seeing these inconsistencies with 1.09?

Quote[/b] ]

* voice over net and multiplayer related fixes and improvements

I have an 8800 GTS and although adjusting the view distance has a noticeable effect on the main menu scenes, in game it has no effect. Is this the 'fog bug'? I'm running 1.09 beta.

Thats just plain weird ....... crazy_o.gif

Works fine for me with a 8800GTS.

If I bring up the options in say an editor game, I can adjust the View Distance and watch in real-time as the fog receeds.

Havent played it in a while and patched it and have to say it runs alot better very smooth with 1.09. AI seems alot better only thing i still noticed is they still skip accross the ground when far away ? Lag ? i just play coop all the time.

Load times while playing is still there which is a pain cause im running XP home, 4 gig & 8800 ultra.

Might try the maxmem command but over all very good patch smile_o.gif

This may have already been said but I am currently at work and wont have the internet at home for another week so I cant really read every page. I do think this needs to be addressed though.

Has anyone noticed that the PK has almost no recoil anymore since the 1.09 patch? You can literally stand up straight and shoot from the shoulder and hit anything with almost no kick back at all. Before you needed to lay prone inorder to use the PK in full auto cause the recoil would through the barrel into the air from the standing/ crouching positions.

I don't know if this is supposed to be the way a real PK fires cause I'v never actually fired an automatic weapon on any kind, but I thought that this new change was making this game too easy and too much like those other run and shoot kiddie-war games that are out there. nener.gif

Please, bring back the kick in the PK. Sure its harder to operate but thats the price you should have to pay for the extra firepower that thing can unleash.

Note: I stumbled onto this issue as I was messing with the editor and haven't tried the m240 yet so I dont know if this problem is in that weapon too but I hope not.

This may have already been said but I am currently at work and wont have the internet at home for another week so I cant really read every page. I do think this needs to be addressed though.

Has anyone noticed that the PK has almost no recoil anymore since the 1.09 patch? You can literally stand up straight and shoot from the shoulder and hit anything with almost no kick back at all. Before you needed to lay prone inorder to use the PK in full auto cause the recoil would through the barrel into the air from the standing/ crouching positions.

I don't know if this is supposed to be the way a real PK fires cause I'v never actually fired an automatic weapon on any kind, but I thought that this new change was making this game too easy and too much like those other run and shoot kiddie-war games that are out there. nener.gif

Please, bring back the kick in the PK. Sure its harder to operate but thats the price you should have to pay for the extra firepower that thing can unleash.

Note: I stumbled onto this issue as I was messing with the editor and haven't tried the m240 yet so I dont know if this problem is in that weapon too but I hope not.

both m240 and PK are too easy now. recoil in between the 1.08 and 1.09b would be fine.

I have noticed a problem that seems to be specific to windowed mode.

If I run the game in a window (for mission editing and stuff) and use weapon scopes or ironsights, the HDR starts flickering really badly until I switch back to normal view. It even gets so bad that the screen is basically flickering between pure black and pure white. When I switch back to normal view, it sometimes takes up to 6-7 seconds for the screen to fade back to normal from black/white.

My system is in my signature. Apart from that I'm using:

- ArmA 1.09 beta with Queens Gambit, windowed 800x600

- Windows XP x86 (32 bit) with SP3 RC1 and all updates

- NVidia Forceware 169.21 WHQL

ArmA settings:

Terrain: Medium

Model Detail: Very High

Textures: Medium

Post Processing: High

Shaders: Very High

Anisotrophic Filter: Very High

Shadows: High

Antialiasing: Very high

After a bit of testing I'm pretty sure that this problem only occurs during the day (sunlight) and not at night.

striker are still too slow on other surface than road.

40km/H for a 8x8 army vehicle is a shame.

BI , fixe this please.

Rainbows in the middle of the night, stars visible under your plane when flying above VD wink_o.gif

Maybe some "terrain shape" rendered before the sky? :P

disableAI "MOVE" i.e. is still broken in that it cease to work after saving a game.

I had some kind of strange control over my BMP2 or M113 as a driver after it was flipped on is back in an, ehh, "accident" biggrin_o.gif I couldn't drive it around (good), but I was able to turn it around. Forgot to check it I could still move the turret, aim and fire.