Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.09

In a valiant attempt to hinder cheats, BIS also managed to implement one.

[ig]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee219/Opteryx_album/DOH.jpg[/img]

I can honestly say I've never seen the Kamov fire like this crazy_o.gif

But then again I don't play so much, so I'm not sure if this happened prior to 1.09, can anyone verify that this is new or not?

hey man, You know I have "heard" of a Hellfire shot off of a Predator UAV at 93 degrees off azimuth, and it still was a hit.

Remove image tags when quoting please, as per the forum rules.

One of the things I am glad they improved as well as the performance increase is the AI while they were in safe mode. That use to cause some problems when creating missions with members of a squad on patrol randomly stopping or getting stuck and never moving again until an enemy was spotted.

So far this seems to have been fixed. smile_o.gif

I also quite like how you can turn faster while holding an RPG or LAW launcher.

James

There is one "bug" i was hopeing to see squashed, nvgoggles blindness caused by light sources at night, some light sources still switch my visibility to pitch black no matter the intensity or distance, like.. the dashboard of a skoda wich blinds me almost completely.

Overall:

Stability is good (so far).

Performance is the best i've experienced so far (very, very smooth).

No graphical errors, no slow loading textures, no LOD bug.

C2DE6600, 2GIG PC6400 DDR2, 8800GTX, XP 32bit

Arma 505 1.4, patched to 1.8, patched to 1.9b >>no mods used<<.

In 1.8 the a.i. were terminators in easy dificulty, now they seem to perform acording to the dificulty setting, i have yet to see how they perform with increased dificulty/skill.

I really like 1.9, stability, performance and gameplay wise its a huge leap forward, GJ BIS xmas_o.gif .

First thing I did on 1.09 was test a problem I had with the AI not knowing how to get from one point to another..

I landed a squad on Isla del Vida (To the NE of the island, a zone East of hill 82.)

I had always had problems making landings here before.. The AI would not be able to move beyond a certain point (They cant move further than about 10 meters from the waterline so end up swimming and losing their weapons) even though there was a clear path with no obstacles. It is not even that steep.

Well, to cut a long story short, they still get stuck (stuck on nothing that I can see anyway). They cant move further than a certain point and say "negative" when you try to move them further inland.

arma.gif

Trying to move to point A (or anywhere else inland), they all get stuck in or near circled area. Even when there is only 1 AI there at the time it still gets stuck.. When the others have finished messing around in the water they get stuck around here too..

I was hoping this would have been fixed. Why do the AI seem to think its fine to go into the water when they dont have to? They should not EVER go into the water unless specifically ordered IMHO.

sad_o.gif

I'll test other general features of the patch when I get a minute.

#C

have not had time yet to test the new patch, but after halfway reading through the fixes i have to say this is the best christmas present you (BIS guys) could make for us players smile_o.gif

so much interesting stuff fixed/changed, this really seems to be a major update and will improve ...well everything biggrin_o.gif

thanks for still putting so much work into it even if you get so much negative feedback (but it is easier to complain than to make compliments). i too thought the one or the other time "why dont they comment on the MP-hacking issues? they could at least tell us if they would maybe work on something?".

there will be problems of course, after all its a beta and with so much changes, theres also a lot that can go wrong wink_o.gif

keep up the good work, i hope you have some time to enjoy the holidays!

Had a quick run with an AH6 over Sahrani. WONDERFUL!! I'm a 8800 user and its so beautiful when the fog is gone! This patch arrived at the same time as my CH pro pedals, I think I will be flying all christmas biggrin_o.gif

first yay.gif bog fug is gone

second

i have again the problem when i play some time my frame rate drops to unplayable if im zooming to a bush or tree or when im very close to it.

did i missed some hints or advises to solve that problem?

i don't want to flush every time to get some bullets in my back

I don't know if this 'problem' has been posted before, sry if it was already stated:

A player can enter a scaffold withouth any problem even in standing position. But if you are trying to leave the scaffold again, you may experience a collision of the players head resp. his helmet with the scaffold itself. You need to crouch to leave it or you have to use the sprint key. I don't know if it was intended since 1.0, but i find it somehow strange. I've made a short clip that shows what i mean:

However, it is maybe nothing major...

edit: I know it can be explained with 'elevation' or 'slope', but in reality you would probably just lower your torso for a second and also the difference would be just the max length of one foot, because when walking up your lowest point should be your heel, when walking down your toes.

first yay.gif bog fug is gone

second

i have again the problem when i play some time my frame rate drops to unplayable if im zooming to a bush or tree or when im very close to it.

did i missed some hints or advises to solve that problem?

i don't want to flush every time to get some bullets in my back

Get Kegetys Lowplants mod.

Forgot to mention: I love the new FFARs. Feels less 'clinical' or gamey firing them, and much more lively. Thanks

Quote[/b] ]-noPause (1.09)Allow the game running even when its window does not have a focus.

Thank you!! Will come in handy!

I was hoping this would be fixed. At the time when the bugtracker went down the status was "open".

[mg]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd85/MZ009/aim_anim.gif[/img]

With horizontal movement the point of aim jumps a few pixels, as if on a grid. (Although in a smoother motion than in the above animation) This makes long distance aiming with ironsights very frustrating and has cost me my life many times :[

Basically I have to rely on luck that the "gridline" will land on my target.

I made a little video to demonstrate: click

Watch as the point of aim jumps back and forth across the target. It's not possible to place the ironsights directly on the target because the horizontal increment does not happen to coincide with the target. Curiously, when moving the point of aim vertically it moves smoothly.

I have both x and y mouse sensitivity at exactly half. If sensitivity is set at the lowest movement is perfectly smooth, but not practical for playing. At maximum sensitivity the exaggerated effect can be observed.

I remember in the bugtracker, using a "hardware cursor" was mentioned as a possible solution...

BIS please fix this bug, it's pretty much the last thing that keeps me from enjoying Arma as much as I enjoyed OFP.

I was doing some testing. I placed an AH6, player as pilot. Once the engine was fired up I used my joystick to rotate the helicopter horizontally.

Using the joysticks "rudder" (stick twist) the movement is perfectly smooth - definitely NO incremental movement.

However when I use the mouse to make the same motion, the point of aim does not move until a certain distance is covered by the mouse, and then the point of aim jumps a fixed distance.

Just in case, I tried a different mouse. The result was the same...

I'd really like some dev feedback on this issue. It has caused a lot of frustration since I first got Arma, and I'm definitely not the only one.

Please remove image tags when quoting.

+Lipsync with Voip is great

-When in transmitions, the canal icon is blocking too much your view (it not real blocking, but it distract you a lot, like the center actions-menu icons).

f0eb0a37bf22acfaf2e420ecc1b5e.jpg

-Voip seem to break down sometime and not work until reconnect.

-Voip own volume in settings (output)

-Voip setting with abilities to setup microphone input volume and test it ourself (other people should not be our noisedummys smile_o.gif.

-Voip setting with abilities to setup microphone input volume and test it ourself (other people should not be our noisedummys smile_o.gif.

I agree with this. It's kind of neccesary when using a mic because I would want to test the quality and volume myself instead of bugging other people.

All I can say is you guys rock! My frame rates have became WAY SMOOTHER! biggrin_o.gif

ANDWHATS THIS?! CARS DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifyay.gif

ANDWHATS THIS?! CARS DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD!

Eh? I was just messing around with the cars and I didn't notice that. Even in retrospect I remember them driving like normal.

Just found a bug

If you try to run up a ramp like this one your guy will lower his weapon and cassually walk up as people are fireig at you.

Rampslow.jpg

edit: Okay now this is cool, AI tanks actually fire HE rounds at infantary

EDIT #2: FOUND SOMETHING EVEN BETTER , THE AI soldiers WILL ACTUALLY KILL CIVIVLIANS IF THE CIVILIANS SHOOT THE SOLDIERS!!!!!!!! yay.gif

EDIT#3: WOW AI actually use sand bags properly! Only thing is they just walk right through em, but tanks and veicles actually have to drive over them confused_o.gif

That guy is hardcore!

Some further feedback:

The reload for the SVD is too long. I think it was better when it was semi automatic and you had full freedom over it. I think that a better solution to the SVD becoming a telescopic machine gun would be through its recoil and handling characteristics.

2 more small bugs that do effect gameplay:

1.The Dragunov shoots slower now/it almost fires like a bolt action now even though it's semi auto.

2.When going into a town/the SLA Snipers were coming after me, they all shouldered their never fired SVDs and shot at me with their pistols instead.. huh.gif

ZOMG! Helicopters actually use their hellfires against tanks and actually attack like they should instead of flying in circles around the target. And it *I think* the blast radius for tanks, when thy explode has been reduced because when the blow up it dosen't seem to kill everyone wihin a five mile radius.

EDIT: Only thing that is really buging me ALOT would be that the sky is grey no mtterwhat I do, tried turning the visbility to the highest, made sure the weather was all good, tried differnt maps, it's buging the hell out of me

sky.jpg

STATIC OBJECTS:

m2 machine gun- I found that the m2 machine gun gets darker as it aquires more dammage, no you no longer need a rocket launcher to destroy it.(You can use just a regular gun)

Dshkm- does no get dammaged by gun fire, does not get darker when dammaged.

AGS30- Does get dammaged by gun fire, Darkens when its aquireing dammage, but after you stop fireing it returns to its nomall shade

Search light- Gets dammaged by gun fire, and does not darken when dammaged.

M119-same as AGS 30

D30-Same as AGS30

Edit: Bullt Hole now Appear on Vheicles pistols.gif

Wow, this couldn't be better! I come home for the holidays, haven't tried ArmA since I have a mac where I study, and finally it's working! The last time I tried playing ArmA in the summer, it didn't work at all. I have the famous Vista + 8800 combo. I don't know if it's this patch, or some other patches, but it works! Oh, and I don't know where my CD is, so that I no longer need it is even better biggrin_o.gif