Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma beta patch 1.09 - released

Installing now!

Thanks a lot BIS, have a nice Christmas break wink_o.gif

*salute*

Guest Ti0n3r

Thank you BIS! Now you all have a merry Christmas! xmas_o.gifnotworthy.gif

WARNING: DO NOT USE beta UNINSTALLER at any cost!

it erases files from ArmA\Addons directory

A10.pbo + sig

missions.pbo + sig

miscUS.pbo

and who knows what else

not just beta content !!!

one more reason to include uninstall.log with details what was done !!!

Can this patch be installed on linux server?

Linux server for 1.09 beta is not yet available and will not be until early January.

Windows dedicated server exe arma_server.exe is installed with the patch but note that to install the patch on servers you also need to use beta mod folder content on the server and use beta as mod parameter on the server.

// fixed sorry

How do we get battleeye to work, when we enable it on the server we get an error about missing .dlls and when we go to the website and look for a download there website download page is blank.

We need a thread about which community addons work or not work together with 1.09beta.

- Soundmods = don't work.

What about maddmatt's effect mod?

Can a moderator please make one and sticky it?

That would be nice.

-----

Btw, fogbug fixed, that's great!

Arma_109b_fog_k.jpg

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif  xmas_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

Good points:

Performance improvement (though small, but ok)

Bugfixes

Bad points:

Slow LOD loading compared to 1.08

Sometimes inconsistent mouse movement (but i may just need to readjust my own settings)

Shooting is a bit too easy now

Guest Ti0n3r

nevermind, I was wrong, I think wink_o.gif

another note; I'm very happy about the (greatly) reduced splash damage of exploding vehicles notworthy.gif

I also noticed that a BMP-2 can now take around two AT4 hits before it goes boom yay.gif There seems to be more fixes and tweaks in 1.09 than what the change log told me

Should work with any Arma Version?

It's run via a mod folder and pbo's are loaded to beta test the patch. Once all is good and feedback is OK I presume original content is updated.

Note that BIS will not be @ work during Christmas but many of us will be watching forums closely all the time.

We are interested to get your feedback primarily related to

* Weapons / combat AI / difficulty balance

* Stability (esp. the infamous can't create memory surface problem)

* Voice over net in general

* Cheating

* New scripting functions added

Perfect Marek, this is the way to go!

Great that you want feedback from the community...

Regards, Christian

- Soundmods = don't work.

I've not noticed any particular issues with soundmods myself but with the default BIS sounds (no mods active) I don't get any launch sound when firing rockets from any aircraft apart from the Su-34, which lacks launch sounds for the Ch-29 missiles (SU-34B) instead.

The improvements to the QG DC-3 are great; it actually taxies properly now, but all the windows have lost their transparancy. I've noticed that parts of Landrover (Army 4x4 Open) have become transparent or are missing now too (though recall someone mentioning it in 1.08).

Picture to demonstrate.

Those are just little problems though and overall I'm extremely pleased with the patch and the significant improvements to gameplay that it's made so far in terms or FPS and infantry combat. Thank you very much BIS.

I'll try and get on some 1.09 servers over the weekend to get some serious hours of playing and testing to see if anything crops up in the particular fields BIS are interested in.

WARNING: DO NOT USE beta UNINSTALLER at any cost!

it erases files from ArmA\Addons directory

A10.pbo + sig

missions.pbo + sig

miscUS.pbo

and who knows what else

not just beta content !!!

I doubt it.

Never say never but I tested with 505 Gold Edition DVD version 1.08 and it didn't erase missions.pbo nor a10.pbo (miscus.pbo is not part of 505 version).

It would be nice to know a bit more.

- Can anyone confirm this issue?

- Is it specific to the US version (and what version)?

- What type of content was exactly present (any previous beta patch installed etc.)?

I'm extremely happy with this patch. smile_o.gif

At first I had no sound, but I had previously disabled hardware acceleration so that I got any sound at all. This has now been fixed, and I get the full ArmA sound experience. smile_o.gif

Oh, and loving the new RPG damage values. Shot a BMP, I guess killing the driver, cause it veered off on an angle, crushed a wall, kept driving till it crushed a shed, and went off over the horizon. Brilliant. biggrin_o.gif

hummm is AI path finding better now? confused_o.gif

anyway thx for the pre Xmas release, have a nice holiday wink_o.gif

hummm is AI path finding better now? confused_o.gif

anyway thx for the pre Xmas release, have a nice holiday wink_o.gif

They seem to be better from what ive played.

how about bridge crossing?(sorry have to ask as i'm not into to the mood to test things for long hour, you know, real life sucks confused_o.gif )

Even though it is undocumented, this patch includes most of my sprint fix addon. They didn't fix the turbo run, which is ok because most people don't use it. They don't have it quite right, you still go running uncontrolled if you go from running to crouch, but it is an improvement. I will update my addon once the final patch has been released, to remove what is already fixed and fix what is broken.

Even though it is undocumented, this patch includes most of my sprint fix addon. They didn't fix the turbo run, which is ok because most people don't use it. They don't have it quite right, you still go running uncontrolled if you go from running to crouch, but it is an improvement. I will update my addon once the final patch has been released, to remove what is already fixed and fix what is broken.

Is it safe to use your existing sprintfix with 1.09beta?

Thank you for the update plans sakura.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

Hey BIS could you pretty please make SetViewDistance XXXXX go up to 30 000 meters in the final patch?

Seriously this patch is awesome crazy_o.gif

The fog removal, faster texture load and performance enables me to fly with SetViewDistance 15000 at 60-45 FPS on custom maps crazy_o.gif

Please consider this.

pic