Sign in to follow this  
sirupdzija

Youtube based sound mod (ybsm) v1.0

Here's a few samples I recorded a few months ago from YouTube, LiveLeak and a History Channel documentary.

I cleaned up and enhanced each shot with CEP. Have a listen and see if you want to include any in your pack.

M249 SAW

AK74

PKM

MP5

Is it possible to use multiple sound files for each gun? Gunshots would sound far more realistic if you could have several samples per weapon, each at a slightly different pitch.

here is V1.01 of the YBSM, all i did was only make all of the sounds a lot louder because i thought that they were just way too quiet, so here is v1.01,

Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5JCKZJZW

just drag the files into your addons folder.

tell me what you guys think of it so that the community can keep on improving the mod by keep on having other people edit it like sir said.

hello there guys havent visited the forum in some time.

I see you released next version of ybsm which is great, im glad someone accepted idea of constant improving.

I dont understand why is your version over 100 MB in size, when first version is about 25MB, so can you tell me what did you exactly do, how did you make it louder. It shouldnt be that big, but anyways thanks for the effort.

Regarding mikefictitiouses weapon sounds:

I tried them and here you can download movie showing them in game. Machinegun sounds are somewhat slower because of recording and lower fps.

If you like those sounds better than original ones I can upload this modified ybsm as another version.

Personally, I like original sounds better. I hope I'm not subjective because they are mine biggrin_o.gif

Here is the movie: http://rapidshare.com/files/80485958/Movie.wmv

And please tell me would you like me to upload next version of ybsm with these sounds.

p.s. mp5 is not in movie cause i cant find it in game. only silenced version, but you can hear how it sounds from that sound file mike uploaded

I downloaded the other version just to try, the reason its big is because there's two of every sound in the pbo.

I also like the original version MG's, no offense.

Nice mod!

Two bits of feedback:

The AK sound still seems a bit low quality to me.

The AK with GP25 still has the stock sound, not the new one wink_o.gif

i'll try and fix the bigness, i had no idea what i was doing sorta, but yea, i'll try and keep improving it too. I made the sounds louder by just amplifying it in the program that you recommended.

@teliko:

Do you mean firing bullet sound or gp25 itself sound? If you mean gp25 then yeah, its stock because I couldnt find better sound on youtube, ive searched it and realized that they sound same like that stock ingame sound, only lower quality. If you meant ak firing bullet sound, then I don't know why is that because mine is working fine biggrin_o.gif

And I uploaded my version so yours should work fine too.

Id like some feedback from others if they have the same problem with that sound too.

@pkiniraq:

When betsalel mentioned duplicity of sounds in your 1.01 version I realized what it must be.

When you were using wss2wav converter and after you finished edting sounds and converted them back from wav to wss you didnt check the "Delete wav files after encode" checkbox in software so now you have both wss and wav files for all of the sounds in mod.

Just unpbo the mod and delete all wavs, pbo it back and check in game if its all still louder and as you want it to be then upload it back and give us link.

Hmm it was there but I downloaded the mod again and it's fine now crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Actually I've heard it again - a guy about 20m away had the stock sound. I killed him and picked up the weapon and it had the YBSM sound when I fired it but not when he had fired crazy_o.gif (with a normal AK)

Ok, it should work now. I had the same problem myself and now it should work fine.

Mikefictitious also asked if its possible to add more than one sound for each weapon. I'm pretty sure that it is and I think that CSM uses that, but unfortunately I don't know how to add multiple sounds or how to make the pitch change in respect with distance from weapon being fired, nor how it should sound from which distance.

So, if anyone knows how to add multiple sounds to each weapon or just change the pitch of the weapon's sound in mod's config file, please do help by advices or links.

YBSM_v1.02:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1xm2rkk0hyy

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/80737925/YBSM_v1.02__by_Allen_.rar

-fixed ocurrences when weapons being fired by AI sound default (AK74)

@teliko:

Do you mean firing bullet sound or gp25 itself sound? If you mean gp25 then yeah, its stock because I couldnt find better sound on youtube, ive searched it and realized that they sound same like that stock ingame sound, only lower quality. If you meant ak firing bullet sound, then I don't know why is that because mine is working fine biggrin_o.gif

And I uploaded my version so yours should work fine too.

Id like some feedback from others if they have the same problem with that sound too.

@pkiniraq:

When betsalel mentioned duplicity of sounds in your 1.01 version I realized what it must be.

When you were using wss2wav converter and after you finished edting sounds and converted them back from wav to wss you didnt check the "Delete wav files after encode" checkbox in software so now you have both wss and wav files for all of the sounds in mod.

Just unpbo the mod and delete all wavs, pbo it back and check in game if its all still louder and as you want it to be then upload it back and give us link.

ok, i'll get that done later today and release it and maybe make a small video of it if i have time.

This is very good idea for sound mod but quality of sounds makes me turn back to fdf sounds. sad_o.gif

Please sign your addons, or just repack it with other tool, becouse

your pbo's arent within ArmA pbo's standards smile_o.gif

how do you do that(signing)? which other tool?

EDIT: you can do it yourself too tounge2.gif

hey ike, can you send me some preview of fdf youre using (youtube movie or smth), cause those sounds ive heard on youtube were lame. i liked fdf better for ofp.

ANOTHER EDIT:

cause if this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7j-khGNtX0

it sounds awfully wrong, like some kid was playing with firecrackers. I dont see better quality, but thats because its on youtube rofl.gif

hm im not sure if i did it correctly. this is what i did:

-downloaded DScreatekey and dssignfile

-moved both of em to c:\

-in command prompt typed "dscreatekey YBSM" from root(c:\wink_o.gif

that created YBSM.biprivatekey and YBSM.bikey

-moved YBSM.pbo and YBSM_Cfg.pbo to c:\

-typed DSSignFile YBSM.biprivatekey YBSM.pbo and DSSignFile YBSM.biprivatekey YBSM_Cfg.pbo

-that didnt create anything in root folder. thats it.

Is that correct procedure? Does this dssignfile.exe change my original ybsm.pbo and cfg.pbo so theyre signed or should it create some new file?

If thats correct what I did, what should I upload? Both signed pbos(YBSM.pbo and YBSM_Cfg.pbo) and YBSM.bikey in the same folder?

I dont quite understand this process so please tell me what needs to be done if I made a mistake.

Or you do it yourself and upload signed files somewhere smile_o.gif

The pbo is not modified by DSSignFile.

Just upload the YBSM.bikey and

other two bisign files.

bisign files were not created. why not? there was no mistake in syntax

I have already wroten here, that your pbo files

are packed not within ArmA standards, probably with OFP

PBO creators...

Repack the adon with cpbo and after that, you will be able

to sign the files...

Has anyone tested this with 1.09? If not, hopefully there will be another update regarding this. Again, great work on this sound mod.. notworthy.gif

I have already wroten here, that your pbo files

are packed not within ArmA standards, probably with OFP

PBO creators...

Repack the adon with cpbo and after that, you will be able

to sign the files...

yeah, ure right, ofp pbo creatros were used.

I did that because I had problems with cpbo couldnt pbo it cant remember why anymore...

Any other good packer? (arma packer)