Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Confirmed shoot out of non-gunner positions

shooting from vehicles would help as well with AI ever see a ural coming at u and u shoot the driver and all the occupants in side just sit there while u gun them down 1 by one

to be able to engage from helo's safely you need fix'd seating positions. for a blackhawk you can fit 3 to 4 on the door, thats 6 to 8 positions to shoot from and a few more non shooting positions. it would be crazy to just let everyone run around inside the bird and would result in guys hitting each other and bumping others out the doors. for the MH6 you can allready look around just change it so you can shoot too. i think with the chinook, CH53'S and other helos with ramps and small doors they should just leave the shooting up to the gunners. most chooks these day's have two guns[ 1 each side] and a tail mount, better then nothing.

you can supress targets quite well in real life from the air so why shouldnt you be able to do it in AA2. also they sould just limit it to small arms and grenades, rockets will hurt too many people in the bird.

in real life you can also snipe quite accuratly with the help of straps and fixed mounts, shooting a long rifle in the shoulder though while sitting down with no support is not. i hope they think about this when deciding what to do on this subject.

just as a side note: most of what is talked about here was already possible in VBS1. look here

so as in ArmA it is not a technical matter, it's a matter if BI wants to keep this feature a VBS exclusive I guess...

but with not much arguments if it was implemented in ofp2 as it looks like.

I thought that was just an experiment and it was never publicly released?

Publicly released or not (which your correct, it wasn't)... the video is proof it was in fact very possible on the much older OFP/VBS1 engine. So, on the more advanced engine that will be ArmA2 there is no reason it shouldn't be possible.

But I think the bigger issue for actually walking on moving vehicles is not if its technicaly possible... but rather if it will be a viable enough game mechanic to dedicate development time to. Such a feature, as fun as it could be, probly has very little practicle application in a game such as ArmA2.

With that said I really wish they would add it. I also wish we could load vehicles into the back of a helicopter and transport them. At the very least I wish you had to lower the ramp and actually walk to your seat when boaring a chopper.... instead of a terrible animation of your character climbing in. But if we end up being able to shoot from non gunner positions, then I really don't see walking on vehicles being developed........ even tho there is a LOT of community demand for it.

Publicly released or not (which your correct, it wasn't)... the video is proof it was in fact very possible on the much older OFP/VBS1 engine. So, on the more advanced engine that will be ArmA2 there is no reason it shouldn't be possible.

But I think the bigger issue for actually walking on moving vehicles is not if its technicaly possible... but rather if it will be a viable enough game mechanic to dedicate development time to. Such a feature, as fun as it could be, probly has very little practicle application in a game such as ArmA2.

With that said I really wish they would add it. I also wish we could load vehicles into the back of a helicopter and transport them. At the very least I wish you had to lower the ramp and actually walk to your seat when boaring a chopper.... instead of a terrible animation of your character climbing in. But if we end up being able to shoot from non gunner positions, then I really don't see walking on vehicles being developed........ even tho there is a LOT of community demand for it.

Suma said in his interview that shooting from moving vehicles will likely be possible in arma2, but moving around in them would not.

Suma said in his interview that shooting from moving vehicles will likely be possible in arma2, but moving around in them would not.

I want to step-in here again and show some older videos from VBS1 (based on OFP1).

Now guess what? Both features were proper modeled into the engine. A real shame that this will be most likely not possible in Arma2.

Maybe the Codemasters will "fix" it with OFP2, who knows.....

(Directlinks only work in IE somehow)

<a href="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?videoUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvp.video.google.com%2Fvideodownload%3Fversion%3D0%26secureurl%3DwAAAAG7ggqAHSiJjpW0D3w4aYTW3yLVSo9YFyJzJzG7qw-HP2NRi0MI_XIxSmJGOa1FYlf0L5zGXCSYft-FIW2Gk

ZsV_voIl0o5ZdJYAfwQR8AYlFSzg-bthRcFCjI1gLC9cuT0aovwHXGQnasGKhAKJpzHtRAlrjcMBlmmDuim270UlYA

-rpJUd21V43EbPuucXhgyYLtzB7ifRlJpVm_yHGR4YYDQegBJwpgIpEh5RrIPP3ujjEi8juBXeT8EdxogkkW0mN-xS

sok_8UGMPNS9OhM%26sigh%3DrWncJnPmRMx91cVmTqlFKNrXeSU%26begin%3D0%26len%3D100360%26docid%3D5908428133705280549&thumbnailUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2FThumbnailServer%3Fapp%3Dvss%26contentid%3D11ae659ea3af1091%26second%3D5%26itag%3Dw320%26urlcreated%3D1148759680%26sigh%3DN_VTyDYUwiWsORQHRjNU3cI_uF8&playerId=5908428133705280549" target="_blank">http://video.google.com/googlep....5280549</a>

and

<a href="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?videoUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvp.video.google.com%2Fvideodownload%3Fversion%3D0%26secureurl%3DwQAAAG7ggqAHSiJjpW0D3w4aYTXpJrVTVfyLA0FpUVrQVGVt_0-2bqUZoTyonik5JtI7krJJ68xthOJfJnEf_8PH

-loanzUGRxXoU9K-h8uhNg5b4J6RD61rrrr8gB91pybzvK0ewRliL35CttA6D4cJlL5CYBN9_XrIYD58wgJn_2aG2d

lGO_BOBLNUctoDwVhiugIFF6iKHkb1qh-s3GS9F0vZbrDThW7q_JddOqLeoV0i7xMHWDrHu9A8Y1O-4BVi1UNjDRCQ

eaUBiVFhGdV8wN8%26sigh%3D-0hs3jFh7qGlx2lcpB2KLkeeUyU%26begin%3D0%26len%3D102400%26docid%3D-8297184184875918764&thumbnailUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2FThumbnailServer%3Fapp%3Dvss%26contentid%3Def4b4b0e76dbadec%26second%3D5%26itag%3Dw320%26urlcreated%3D1148759552%26sigh%3DkrMRFbEKjfnnomyj4rngvSoi2Cc&playerId=-8297184184875918764" target="_blank">http://video.google.com/googlep....5918764</a>

Videos are from Dslyexcis best-of-tactiacal articla on site3, found here:

http://dslyecxi.com/bestoftactical3.html

2 top links dont work.

Hi, then please go there:

Quote[/b] ]Videos are from Dslyexcis best-of-tactiacal articla on site3, found here:

http://dslyecxi.com/bestoftactical3.html

And scroll for the first video until this text (Ctrl+F):

"VBS1 video showcasing the ability to shoot out of hatches"

And for the second untiö this text:

"Video from VBS1 showcasing the ability to realistically enter aircraft and move/shoot from within them while flying."

In either case the stated text are the caption written below the meant video.

Now guess what? Both features were proper modeled into the engine. A real shame that this will be most likely not possible in Arma2.

Not true. The functionality in those videos was never implemented in VBS1 - they were simply proof-of-concept tech demos.

Not true. The functionality in those videos was never implemented in VBS1 - they were simply proof-of-concept tech demos.

But we do actually see that they are working, don't we?

I mean the shoot-out will be in Arma2 most likely as Suma has written, but wheres the problem with moving?

Regards, Christian

But we do actually see that they are working, don't we?

I mean the shoot-out will be in Arma2 most likely as Suma has written, but wheres the problem with moving?

Regards, Christian

There is a saying that comes into play here.

"Assumption is the mother of all f-ups".

Just because it looks like it works in a carefully created proof-of-concept video does not mean that it is in a suitably developed and polished state to work in all situations with all vehicles without any sorts of issues.

When did Suma say that, btw? I must have missed it.

Suma talked about wanting/planning to add firing out of non gunner positions in the sahrani radio interview with jerry hopper, and (I think) mentioned that moving around in them was not planned.

Suma talked about wanting/planning to add firing out of non gunner positions in the sahrani radio interview with jerry hopper, and (I think) mentioned that moving around in them was not planned.

Yes exactly that was it. Thanks captain! wink_o.gif

You should be able to duck in cars, and lay in the trunk.So you can use civilians to try to smuggle enemies into certain areas. It'd be fun.

Say.. I was wondering, if the shooting out of vehicles is confirmed, can it be made that weapons will rest on sills or sandbags walls?

the windows will be just like 'vehicles' or 'static weapon' where there is a gunner position, except the gun is your personal weapon. We would just 'get in' and the soldier will play the anim, then presto... we rest the weapon on the window sills. to get out, maybe double tap 'S' key or from the action menu.

So, do you think it can be done?

An LB will be a deadly weapon loaded with 5 soldiers all gunning...

Yes exactly that was it. Thanks captain! wink_o.gif

ehrm, Guys?!??

I hate to spoil your party but....

in the interview with Ivan Buchta, Lead designer of ArmA2 a question was asked by a community member.

the question was :

Is shooting from vehicles still planned.

the answer was, that Ivan couldnt garantee this feature is implemented in the game.

Although he kept the options open. It might show up in a patch, but no promises were made.

This info came from a 3 hrs long interview, and is available for download in 2 seperate parts.

With about 100 questions from the community answered, i'd suggest you lock yourself up, turn off your phone and start listening to this interview.

download it here :

http://www.armedassault.eu/Sahrani....18.html

Quote[/b] ]I hate to spoil your party but....

Thats a pretty big disappointment.

Im posting this from my cell as i dont have internet where i am but the feeling i get is that arma2 wont be as good as i initially hoped for but rather end up just like opf>arma1. With only months left i dont think theyll make it... But then again hope isnt my strong side.

Expansion maybe?

Peace

For me, games are more than just a collection of cool features. I'd have to see how the whole thing comes together to judge whether I think it's good or not.

Exactly, arma was, well...a poor game overall but it had some awsome features and well if you tailor it yourself it turns out awsome.

I dont care even if they release ArmA 2 with full of bugs or shits, I know, that they WILL update it. (like they did in ArmA 1) It would be cool to shoot from moving vehicles and i t would be cool to stand in cargo of chinook or osprey and spray the place up with dual saws and have virtual space and ability to go to mars and make it liveable and then conquer teh universe and then blow aaaaal it up with one single nuke. BUT, it allways takes time to make sweet candy like that, and as we want our candy very fast, BIS can first release some eyecandy, when we get more hungry, they give us videos, then the game. (well it can be shitty at first, what game wasnt shitty when it was its first public release?) but updates and patches will fix that problem I hope. but as I said it would be really awesome to be actually able o walk in moving vehicles. or transporr vehicle inside another. BUT II dont think it will be in ArmA 2, rather in OFP 2 maybe. we'll see about that. wink_o.gif BIS, I trust you wink_o.gif

I dont care even if they release ArmA 2 with full of bugs or shits, I know, that they WILL update it. (like they did in ArmA 1)

But some creatures do care, like games reviewers, Samantha Fox and even the Holy Snowman.

If VBS2 has "walk around moving vehicles" (seen a couple CH-53 videos) .... will ArmA2 have it ?