Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

What about some lakes and small brooks on the map

Hi, can we please this thime get a few small lakes and purling/brabbling brooks (brooks are small/tiney rivers) on the Map?

I know this map-area of Arma2 from Real-Life vacancies and as i remember, nearly every wood had his own small brook.

So i think some small brooks, as maximum knee-deep, with a nice sound-effect simulating the purling/brabbling/bickering of it, would add a nice atmosphere into the game and would fit well with your confirmed animals.

Also this would make woods more realistic and varying - which is really needed IMHO.

Regards, Christian

I agree, and it would especially look good if our players feet (or body when prone) and vehicles effected the water. It would be even better if fallen trees and dropped weapons effected it too.

while I have not visited the area, 1 major thing missing for me as an intermediate mish editor is a decent lake and/or river which has a big bridge crossing. But I agree, a pond of sorts here and there would be nice

And canals and otherwise depressions in the terrain. Would make for great cover (AI should also use it though), and the strykers should be able to traverse some of them. If we needed smaller vehicles to cross, there should be brigde building capabilities from engineers, maybe even a brigde vehicle.

If doing walkable ponds, please make suitable sounds for it. If walking in a stealthy manner, I do not want to hear a big massive splash as I swiftly but quietly put my feet in the water. Water missions in the game Vietcong were my favourite, but the huge splash really stole a lot of tension and stealthy feel. The AI couldn't care less, but it actually made ME jump skyhigh in my suspended state rofl.gif

Would be very nice if it works ingame. Imho Chernarus terrain will be designed close too Caucasus Mountains. We will see if designers from BIS make Chernarus with varied landscape! Hopefully AI will be improved on this too.

Would be very nice if it works ingame. Imho Chernarus terrain will be designed close too Caucasus Mountains. We will see if designers from BIS make Chernarus with varied landscape! Hopefully AI will be improved on this too.

http://www.bistudio.com/developers-blog/landscape-almost-real-2_en.html

Regarding just the terrain it could reasonably pass for a third of the US, various places in western Europe, or even East Asia. Of course you'd need to replace the structures to make it blend better to those locations, but I don't see it looking 'too close to' the Caucasus region.

i agree there should be streams, lakes, ponds, inlets, and CANALS would be awesome.