Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

Xam 1.4 released

XAM is amazing, ArmA is boooring without it!

2 snake22000: is it possible to combine XAM with RHS addons? This could be a great deal!!!

I installed English 1.4.05 version over 1.09b but I get this "No entry '.profilePathDefault'." and then it crashes before menu. I am using beta exe with -mod=beta;@XAM1.4

Whats wrong?

Is it just me or was the M249 w/ Eotech sight removed? I can't find it in the crate anymore. How come it was removed? Do you plan on putting it back in? crazy_o.gifhuh.gif

Here are links to XAM 1.4:5 on Armed Assault.info

XAM 1.4:5 in French :

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=357

XAM 1.4:5 in English :

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=360

XAM 1.4:5 Patch needed to play the Mod with ArmA 1.08 (not recommended) :

XAM 1.4:5 09 to 08 Patch

Everything works fine but AI is still too accurate so the firefights last for few seconds :/ and the sound of m136 is to weak. Keep up the good work. smile_o.gif

I guess this post is "troll" based, but I loved XAM from 3 up 3.5, then 4 came out but it was so hard to fit around other mods and scripts that the all-in-one closed off way its created for the size of each download gave me reason to back off from it.

Thats what a MOD conversion is all about I know but its a shame if cant be a little more flexible without taking bits of other small mods to make those versions and the other mods updates not work.

I applaud the creators and the users too, but once I realized about more scripting I kind of took what was good and kept the game open ended again for other mods.

on the english version of XAM I'm having trouble getting it to play. When I launch the game it pops up with "include file Ca/data/scripts/XAM_FixedWeaponsSettings.hpp not found" I'm using QG, CSM, ArmaEffects, and mapfacts misc here's my shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@XAM1.4;@DBE1;@CSM;@Armaeffects;@Mapfact; -nosplash

Target Line: "C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\"

thumbs-up.gif merci beaucoup snake.  thank you so much for this update.

At last we can play without constant bacground fire SFX and

500M nearest man bug..Gone! I Think you Know Mp5's are not in working game now, but well done, I love it!

error message : "XAM_Effects/Tracers/Scripts/init.sqs not found"

that's because you named the folder ScriptsBAK instead of just Scripts .

great work with the update thumbs-up.gif

could it have to do with the way I installed QB?

I just added everything to the Arma route in stead of making it a mod. But ever since I installed 1.09 and then reverted, I have no recoils in XAM.

This can be worked around (mostly) with other mods, but i still don't like it. Or get it. help.gif

Before you stopped using the v1.09 beta patch,did you ever try using Q1184's Recoil/RoF v1.09 update? For me at least, it fixed the recoils for the XAM v1.4 + v1.09 beta patch combo I like to use.

Here's the BIS thread for his Recoil/RoF:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69444

I hope this helps.

The one on arma.info has a trojan on it (well thats what my PC said) then it doesn't install it. confused_o.gif

Same thing happend here halochief when I tried to re DL, and it found a trojan on my original dl from armaholic

Also could you at least release a m1a1 replacement addon I like your camo better then the original ones.

snake22000, first of all thank you for your team for this great work. must have take alot of effort! very good mod!

i tested it yesterday for about 2 hours and i have just one question; as some people already said the GUI does not support widescreen. for me the GUI is not the biggest issue, but the dirt effects from explosions and hitting the ground (which i love) appear on my 24inch widescreen just like a image in the middle of the screen. looks stupid. but i really like the idea.

could you make a widescreen patch for that? or tell me where the textures are located and i change it myself wink_o.gif

thanx again for this amazing mod! notworthy.gif

Any updates on the infected downloads? I want to play a fixed XAM1.4 but if the patch itself isn't uninfected my computer won't accept it.

Guys, only those with AVG reported this and as I already replied in the Armaholic forums there are 2 things you can do.

- not use the XAM cause you trust AVG to be the only excellent virusscanner and reporting trojans correctly and so saving you from a lot of troubels.

- ignore the faulty report by AVG and use XAM (if you cant install it disable the program unitl the installer is done......I guess)

I scanned the xam installer on different locations and everywhere its clean.